CARL EDWARDS

Thegeneral23

Team Owner
775A8004-FD9B-4DC0-A210-7D8AD78C3C10.png
I did t know Carl Edwards owned a record label and had a rap group lol..

So what. Mark Martin and several other drivers favorite music is rap.
Why does it have to be so what? Smh I was saying it because I thought it was interested he owned a record label not that he liked rap music.. a lot of people do

Why does it have to be so what? Smh I was saying it because I thought it was interested he owned a record label not that he liked rap music.. a lot of people do

Because it's @Johali. Hell, if he hates you, he hits the ignore button. If he doesn't like this, or doesn't respond, you know where I stand.... :D

The record business is a crappy business to be in now days. Nobody BUYS music anymore. At best, they sort of rent the songs they like the most. I'm not complaining as a consumer, but 20 years ago, you bought a CD with ten songs on it for 12-15 dollars. Now, if you don't steal the music, you buy the three really good songs for less than four bucks. Lots of record companies have folded as a result, and a lot of really good artists can't get record deals. In some ways, it sort of mirrors what has happened to auto racing. Just for the record, I love MANY different kind of music, but there are only two that I truly despise. Opera and Rap. Having to listen to Rap music makes me want to puncture my eardrums with an ice pick. :eek:

The record business is a crappy business to be in now days. Nobody BUYS music anymore. At best, they sort of rent the songs they like the most. I'm not complaining as a consumer, but 20 years ago, you bought a CD with ten songs on it for 12-15 dollars. Now, if you don't steal the music, you buy the three really good songs for less than four bucks. Lots of record companies have folded as a result, and a lot of really good artists can't get record deals. In some ways, it sort of mirrors what has happened to auto racing. Just for the record, I love MANY different kind of music, but there are only two that I truly despise. Opera and Rap. Having to listen to Rap music makes me want to puncture my eardrums with an ice pick. :eek:
Ok thanks for throwing ur jab in there about rap..

Ok thanks for throwing ur jab in there about rap..

Silly me, I thought this was a place to offer opinions, and I offered one. Of all of the things in the entire world I don't understand, the popularity of this kind of "music" ranks near the top.

Between Pandora, You Tube and the internet radio I have become addicted to why would I buy anything when I can listen to it for free.

I sort of agree, but I like to actually OWN a hard copy that is mine forever. I buy music downloads, burn a hard copy, back it up in a couple of other places and then play it on the computer, my MP3 players, and on thumb drives in my car stereos. The only problem is, if there is no money to be made making music, how many people are going to continue to do it and how good will the product be?

Silly me, I thought this was a place to offer opinions, and I offered one. Of all of the things in the entire world I don't understand, the popularity of this kind of "music" ranks near the top.
I have to agree. I made an effort to listen to it, maybe I picked the wrong artist. As a country boy
I have gone through the times when you could steal a mans wife But don't kick his dog.
Rap to me is all about getting away from what makes society decent and a few of those
jerks need to be locked up.

I used to love rap, but it kind of sucks nowadays. To be fair, you can say that about most of the other genres too.
There is really some terrible music out there these days. A lot of it sounds the same. I would say Pop is probably the worst crap on the radio right now.

Hip hop is overall pretty terrible nowadays, but there are the occasional album releases that I still get excited for.

Also, I wouldn't say the record business is too bad to be in nowadays, the landscape is just different - like everything else from 10 years ago. I used to love going to the store and buying a hard copy of my favorite artist's album, it was like an event. Now, albums still get released in the stores but very few copies are distributed. Instead, all you have to do now it hit download at midnight and the album is yours...any album...for $9.99/month. How can you complain about that? It's just a digital world we live in and these streaming services offered now are awesome imo. There will always be physical CD's for people to buy just like there's still vinyl available. As far as what the artist's make, I imagine they get a % per stream or something - idk - what I do know is they're all still filthy rich so something must be working.

I agree that music today pretty much sucks. I'm a huge country music and rock and roll fan and there just isn't much new stuff out there that sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time now listening to jazz and I am really starting to get into blues more too. As for rap, I love MUSIC, and in most rap sounds, music is just an afterthought, and for much the same reason I hated grunge, everybody wants to do it in a very similar monotone that makes 75% of it sound the same, and most of it isn't singing either. It's just people spouting words to a cadence. Throw in the fact that I just can't relate to the subject matter most of the time when you can even understand what they saying, which I often can't, and you have a lose, lose, lose from my standpoint.

Hip hop is overall pretty terrible nowadays, but there are the occasional album releases that I still get excited for.

Also, I wouldn't say the record business is too bad to be in nowadays, the landscape is just different - like everything else from 10 years ago. I used to love going to the store and buying a hard copy of my favorite artist's album, it was like an event. Now, albums still get released in the stores but very few copies are distributed. Instead, all you have to do now it hit download at midnight and the album is yours...any album...for $9.99/month. How can you complain about that? It's just a digital world we live in and these streaming services offered now are awesome imo. There will always be physical CD's for people to buy just like there's still vinyl available. As far as what the artist's make, I imagine they get a % per stream or something - idk - what I do know is they're all still filthy rich so something must be working.

As I stated though, most people AREN'T buying the music in ANY form, and if they do, they mostly only buy the songs they really want, which is great as a consumer, but it doesn't pay the bills. Unless you're Taylor Swift, the bulk of the money to be made is concert tours.

I no longer purchase music. Well, except for Pandora. I do pay for their commercial free service. I use a piece of software called Replay Music 7 manufactured by Applian Technologies. I set it to record on my PC and then start Pandora. It does all the work. It can detect the break between songs, cuts the tracks and populates the names. I just let it play all day/night long and copy the songs over to my phone sometime after it's done. Slick as sh!t.

Here's a screen capture. If anyone is interested in more info on this, PM me. If you like music, you'd like this.

Untitled.jpg

I agree that music today pretty much sucks. I'm a huge country music and rock and roll fan and there just isn't much new stuff out there that sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time now listening to jazz and I am really starting to get into blues more too. As for rap, I love MUSIC, and in most rap sounds, music is just an afterthought, and for much the same reason I hated grunge, everybody wants to do it in a very similar monotone that makes 75% of it sound the same, and most of it isn't singing either. It's just people spouting words to a cadence. Throw in the fact that I just can't relate to the subject matter most of the time when you can even understand what they saying, which I often can't, and you have a lose, lose, lose from my standpoint.
Is this is one of the main reasons I made the thread for post like this lol.. because I knew the hate would be deep for rap on here.. I don’t like a lot of music either but it’s no reason to bash it.. **** it’s a lot of things I don’t like but I don’t bash it.. this thread was about Carl Edwards having a record label not bashing rap which I knew would happen

I have to agree. I made an effort to listen to it, maybe I picked the wrong artist. As a country boy
I have gone through the times when you could steal a mans wife But don't kick his dog.
Rap to me is all about getting away from what makes society decent and a few of those
jerks need to be locked up.
Lol and this is why society is so messed up now.. because comments like this and always judging others.. so I guess other music groups don’t have people that do bad or need to be locked up? Just rappers though right haha..

Last edited:
Any thread is open to opinions and we all judge things. Heck, I'll be judged by the previous sentence. That's life and life's too damn short to be offended by every little statement someone utters. All music sucks in the opinion of one person or another. Not a big deal.

I no longer purchase music. Well, except for Pandora. I do pay for their commercial free service. I use a piece of software called Replay Music 7 manufactured by Applian Technologies. I set it to record on my PC and then start Pandora. It does all the work. It can detect the break between songs, cuts the tracks and populates the names. I just let it play all day/night long and copy the songs over to my phone sometime after it's done. Slick as sh!t.

Here's a screen capture. If anyone is interested in more info on this, PM me. If you like music, you'd like this.

View attachment 31871
I saw this one on your playlist. :D

Any thread is open to opinions and we all judge things. Heck, I'll be judged by the previous sentence. That's life and life's too damn short to be offended by every little statement someone utters. All music sucks in the opinion of one person or another. Not a big deal.
It may not be a deal to you .. but to others people get offended by different things.. saying a lot of rappers need to go to jail compared to other types of music is judging.. it’s no need to say that.. no other music group has people that need to be put in jail right ? I don’t care if someone has a opinion, but like I said I knew the comments the thread would get and it got it.. that was uncalled for

It may not be a deal to you .. but to others people get offended by different things.. saying a lot of rappers need to go to jail compared to other types of music is judging.. it’s no need to say that.. no other music group has people that need to be put in jail right ? I don’t care if someone has a opinion, but like I said I knew the comments the thread would get and it got it.. that was uncalled for
People get offended by everything these days. It's the same ol, same ol. It's same and it's old.

You can always report something you don't like but nobody's changing anyone's opinions on here.

People get offended by everything these days. It's the same ol, same ol. It's same and it's old.

You can always report something you don't like but nobody's changing anyone's opinions on here.
I’m not trying to change anyone’s opinion lol.. you just don’t get it I see.. what I’m saying is why out of all the different types of music why is it that rappers need to be in jail? I asked a simple question to the person that said that.. it’s a million different types of music out here but rappers need to be in jail smh..

There are a few good posts in this threadso I woul
Other types of music use auto tune? This is news to me lol
Auto-Tune is an audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies which uses a proprietary device to measure and alter pitch in vocal and instrumental music recording and performances.[5] It was originally intended to disguise or correct off-key inaccuracies, allowing vocal tracks to be perfectly tuned despite originally being slightly off-pitch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

I’m not trying to change anyone’s opinion lol.. you just don’t get it I see.. what I’m saying is why out of all the different types of music why is it that rappers need to be in jail? I asked a simple question to the person that said that.. it’s a million different types of music out here but rappers need to be in jail smh..
I think the OP said a few and not a general statement of all. That same statement could be made about ever single genre of music. Again, not a big deal..... too me.

In the meantime here's a musical interlude by one of my favorites. YMMV

Honestly, I find today's music to be much better than music from the better part of the last 15 years. Even country music, which I've trashmouthed quite often, has gotten much better in the Garth won entertainer of the year. Meanwhile, you've got Stapleton, Cody Jinks, Maren Morris, Cole Swindell, Lauren Alaina... Carrie's still belting out good music as is Miranda, Josh Turner and Darius Rucker are still putting out songs...

As for pop and rock, I enjoy a lot of the new stuff, even if I don't know who many of the entertainers are, a ton. And entertainers who have tons of talent, but have put out ****** music, are starting to showcase their talents with quality music such as Miley:wub:, Kesha (seriously), the queen Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.

I think the OP said a few and not a general statement of all. That same statement could be made about ever single genre of music. Again, not a big deal..... too me.

In the meantime here's a musical interlude by one of my favorites. YMMV

Stapleton is the damn man.

I'd pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to see Stapleton, Garth and Church in concert together. Would easily be the best concert I've attended since Brad and Carrie in Baltimore.

Is this is one of the main reasons I made the thread for post like this lol.. because I knew the hate would be deep for rap on here.. I don’t like a lot of music either but it’s no reason to bash it.. sh!t it’s a lot of things I don’t like but I don’t bash it.. this thread was about Carl Edwards having a record label not bashing rap which I knew would happen

For the record, I like rap. I also like Kyle Busch....and I really like your posts. Keep bringing it man!

I used to love rap, but it kind of sucks nowadays. To be fair, you can say that about most of the other genres too.

I love "old" rap. I used to listen to Eazy E when I was young and knew every word.

I was quite the little rebel back in the day. I owned an 85 Chevy Monte Carlo SS and picked up all the guys. *wink*

I love "old" rap. I used to listen to Eazy E when I was young and knew every word.

I was quite the little rebel back in the day. I owned an 85 Chevy Monte Carlo SS and picked up all the guys. *wink*
I love the Backspin channel on SiriusXM. They play a lot of the old rap I listened to growing up.

They don't know what they're missing. It's cool, different strokes for different folks.

I have this old Zune that's gotta be 10 years old by now. I haven't added any music to it since like 2010.....but I got thousands of songs on it, and a good portion of it is rap. This is the song that just came on....

Good stuff :cool:

Back
Top Bottom