Change to forum admin organization

fury

Internet god with an inferiority complex
Staff member
TexasRaceLady is going into retirement from moderating/administrating duties. I want to give a big hearty thank you for so many years of helping shape this forum. Enjoy yourself! :beerbang: and I hope we'll continue to earn the honor of you sticking around

I'm backing down from admin/mod duties for the simple reason, it's not fun anymore.
The forum has changed, along with NASCAR, and those changes have made a difference in the tones and tenor of the conversations.
For the most part, it's been a wonderful experience.

Big Dawgs will be in play come February.

Last edited:
I'm backing down from admin/mod duties for the simple reason, it's not fun anymore.
The forum has changed, along with NASCAR, and those changes have made a difference in the tones and tenor of the conversations.

Thanks TRL for an outstanding job. This a great place and you obviously were a big reason for the success.

Another thing.
A lot of great moderating never is seen. Fixing things in the background and proactivly defusing the **** flinging that would have followed.
A great job with a lot that wasn't celebrated for the overall good, there are some things the children just did not need to know.

Last edited:

You will be missed. ALOT. you welcomed me in here when danica freak out mania was in full swing. you were always fair and quite impartial.

Thank you for moderating. A typically thankless job that hopefully gets some appreciation from everyone when reflecting on how we can elevate our individual contributions.

I don't understand why five members were allowed to try and destroy the best forum on the web. It seems that these same five are getting what they want by TRL retiring. They are the same ones that constantly bitched about the best Forum Administrator that I've ever encountered anywhere. I really am sorry to see her go. The troublemakers should be the ones leaving. But I can understand why she made the decision to leave.

Last edited:
Thank you TRL for all you've done by

I don't understand why five members were allowed to try and destroy the best forum on the web. It seems that these same five are getting what they want by TRL retiring. They are the same ones that constantly bitched about the best Forum Administrator that I've ever encountered anywhere. I really am sorry to see her go. The troublemakers should be the ones leaving. But I can understand why you made the decision to leave.

There's only one forum member who should be outright banned. Others just need to chill out.

Nobody, including myself is innocent. There’s not a single person here that can carry on a volatile thread by themselves.
It takes at least two continue the decay.
Maybe everyone can take a step back and think before they post. I already tried to promote a cool down in The Podium and it wasn’t very successful.
This place used to be a lot better.
Mind your keyboards or this place isn’t going to last.

I actually started talking to fury about this some months ago. Please don't point fingers at other members.
I've got a lot of irons in the fire that need more attention than I could give to them.
I just hope this place stays alive --- to have lasted for 17 years is great accomplishment. I'd hate to see it
go the way most others have gone --- to the dump.
I'll be here. In and out. I just don't have the responsibility of trying to maintain civility among the members.

I actually started talking to fury about this some months ago. Please don't point fingers at other members.
I've got a lot of irons in the fire that need more attention than I could give to them.
I just hope this place stays alive --- to have lasted for 17 years is great accomplishment. I'd hate to see it
go the way most others have gone --- to the dump.
I'll be here. In and out. I just don't have the responsibility of trying to maintain civility among the members.
Enjoy your free time.

whats next...we start a poll about who should be admin/mod? I feel like someone has died.

:(

First, its not gonna be same the same with out you , but I dont blame you, and thanks for everything you have done over the decade and then some, I know I have only been here for less than the them some so that may not mean as much as it coming from some longer standing members.

Second, I might consider volunteering to be a time out giver , but I dont know if that is possible, or how it works here. I know once again, I havent been here very long and I lot of forums like having people in mod roles that have some sort of tenure usually.

To quote that great philosopher Jerry Garcia, what a long strange trip it’s been. TRL, I will miss you as one of the best moderators I gave ever encountered. You have been nothing but fair and evenhanded. Hopefully your replacement will be half as good as you have been. Thank you for all you have done. You will be missed.

Sorry to hear this but I feel your pain. It has changed and has become a full time job. It used to be a far more civil place not too long ago. Like Nascar, it'll never return to its prime.

@TRL, sorry to see you step down, but I understand your reasons. Thank you for a job well done... very, very well done.

Thanks for your service TRL ! You kept a clean shop ! Your a race fan so I hope we will see you around.

I worked at a big company one time in my career. When the executive secretary retired after
many years, they had to hire 3 more to take her place. I see the same happening here.

Sorry to hear this but I feel your pain. It has changed and has become a full time job. It used to be a far more civil place not too long ago. Like Nascar, it'll never return to its prime.

I hear you about change as it is always upon us and sometimes it is for the best and other times it just plain sucks.

So how about telling us who is modding now instead of keeping it a secret?
Mods exist. The forum has always had several mods (see the staff list). Not all of us are/have been omnipresent. Yes losing TRL is a major deal, but we knew it was coming. It just means that the "nice lady" isn't always going to be Judge Judy.

And no, that doesn't mean that Judge Jerry is moving in. Oof....

Mods exist. The forum has always had several mods (see the staff list). Not all of us are/have been omnipresent. Yes losing TRL is a major deal, but we knew it was coming. It just means that the "nice lady" isn't always going to be Judge Judy.

And no, that doesn't mean that Judge Jerry is moving in. Oof....
Then why doesn't say staff on Duty, who are all the mods, why the secret society?

Back
Top Bottom