Charlotte Pre Race Thread

wow that's news to me. Lowe's didn't want to pay?

That I don't know but is likely the case. They got it named Lowe's Motor Speedway for 10 years in 1999 for 35 million so I can't imagine what the price had grown to by 2009 :eek:

Mentioned this in the game thread.

I don't participate in those so had no idea :)

Only a few more nights. I wish they had a few more of these night races in the Chase to finish out the year.

Lights at Martinsville! Who's with me?

BWFXAbuIAAAuPoq.jpg:large

The weather has changed some since yesterday.

Descriptive Forecast
Thursday
Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 75F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 54F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point60 | 4867 | 5171 | 5358 | 54
Wind6 mph NNW10 mph North9 mph North6 mph NNE
Humidity67%55%51%84%
Chance of Precip.20%30%30%10%
Cloud Cover64%69%71%66%
ConditionsChance of RainChance of RainChance of RainMostly Cloudy
Sunrise & Sunset

Descriptive Forecast
Friday
Mostly cloudy. High of 77F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Overcast. Low of 63F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Temp. | Dew Point60 | 5470 | 5471 | 5767 | 57
Wind4 mph North7 mph North7 mph NNE6 mph ENE
Humidity78%58%59%71%
Chance of Precip.10%10%10%0%
Cloud Cover67%77%83%97%
ConditionsMostly CloudyMostly CloudyMostly CloudyOvercast
Sunrise & Sunset

Descriptive Forecast
Saturday
Overcast in the morning, then partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 75F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 59F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Temp. | Dew Point65 | 5770 | 6173 | 6365 | 60
Wind5 mph NNE6 mph North7 mph NE8 mph NNE
Humidity76%69%71%85%
Chance of Precip.10%0%20%10%
Cloud Cover88%39%43%70%
ConditionsMostly CloudyPartly CloudyChance of RainMostly Cloudy

Dale Jr's birthday today and his 500th Cup start this weekend. This may just be his week? No, probably not. :(

Today's schedule.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10:
ON TRACK
-- 2-3:20 p.m. ET: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice
 (follow live)
-- 3:30-5 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (follow live)

-- 6:10-7 p.m. ET: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 2
 (follow live)
-- 7:10 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (follow live)

-- 8:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race (150 laps/37.5 miles)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
-- TBD
-- Post-NSCS qualifying, approximately 8:30 p.m. ET

GarageCam
WATCH LIVE
-- Nationwide: 1:30 p.m. ET
-- Sprint Cup: 3 p.m. ET

yeah , I'm thinkin not . You take Johali to the races with you and don't even think to buy the rest of us a ticket ? Then you want our support ?Get it from Johalhi ! :)
Now hold on a minute. Johali was already on his NASCAR 2013 tour and our paths just happened to cross at one of the most memorable weekends of the 2013 season. I did my damnedest to get everyone here to come but you guys all sat at home on your hands while we kicked it back at Eldora. Heads up for 2014, plans are being made as we speak. Eldora is back on the schedule and tickets are cheap. Come join the party if you think you can hang, otherwise you'll be left at home looking for Fox Sports 3 somewhere on your local television network. :p ;) :D :cool:

15 minute penalty for Jimmie Johnson for failing tech too many times last weekend before hitting the track. Loses 15 minutes of this first practice this week.

Gordon going out last....awesome.

They have had some awesome qualifying draws this year.

Qualifying starts after 7 pm. It could help to see what everyone else does, but temps wont matter much. Air or track.
Ambient temperature is supposed to drop four degrees from 7-8:30, isn't that a lot? Or does it just not matter once it drops to a certain level?

Ambient temperature is supposed to drop four degrees from 7-8:30, isn't that a lot? Or does it just not matter once it drops to a certain level?

It may help HP slightly, but the track temps should be pretty stable by the time they start. Every little advantage helps, but I wouldn't expect too much extra speed showing in track times.

then again, I could be as confused as Brian France looking in a mirror.

Back
Top Bottom