Charlotte Pre-Race Thread

Wow, what a steaming pile of holier than thou bull****. He never said anything about NASCAR not making a great effort to comeback. He was complaining about the timing for this particular race. Whether it's the fault of NASCAR, the networks or both, it's a valid complaint. We're in danger of losing this race altogether.

I know it's fashionable sometimes to gang up on infrequent posters and show off your massive TRUE FAN peepee, but it's not a good look. Lay off the guy.
It wasnt just that post, their are several by him and you for that matter and its not a valid complaint especially when you make accusations when you dont know the facts and call it a "clown show". The race wont be lost, it will be moved most likey as a second race to Bristol.

It wasnt just that post, their are several by him and you for that matter and its not a valid complaint especially when you make accusations when you dont know the facts and call it a "clown show". The race wont be lost, it will be moved most likey as a second race to Bristol.

More gatekeeping nonsense. I'm entitled to my opinion. I can't say it's for certain but I highly doubt they run a race on Friday and are ready for Sunday afternoon. Care to show definitive proof otherwise?

Here is an interesting thought if it rained them out tonight, Fri, and Sat. The best sun shining day of weather coming up is Sun. They could do like the sprint car teams and drag racers did years ago at some races...Race Charlotte on Sunday at noon since they can't start before that on a Sunday for church reasons, and then pack up and haul a-ss 215 miles to Bristol for a late sun night race. Some fans have been wanting to see a double header. Now, for the record and before some start freaking out that they can't stay up late on a Sun night or that it would be to hard logistically...I'm just kidding, it won't really happen. :)

More gatekeeping nonsense. I'm entitled to my opinion. I can't say it's for certain but I highly doubt they run a race on Friday and are ready for Sunday afternoon. Care to show definitive proof otherwise?
Never said it would be run on Friday, said it would be added to Bristol after the sunday race. Thats the talk right now.

Here is an interesting thought if it rained them out tonight, Fri, and Sat. The best sun shining day of weather coming up is Sun. They could do like the sprint car teams and drag racers did years ago at some races...Race Charlotte on Sunday at noon since they can't start before that on a Sunday for church reasons, and then pack up and haul a-ss 215 miles to Bristol for a late sun night race. Some fans have been wanting to see a double header. Now, for the record and before some start freaking out that they can't stay up late on a Sun night or that it would be to hard logistically...I'm just kidding, it won't really happen. :)
Problem is they cant get the TV crew moved and setup that fast. It would be fun though

I dont think it's as easy as you're making it out to be, I would think TV would have a big say over the schedule and not just NASCAR can make the decision. You can agree or disagree but I think thats the way it goes and theres nothing we can do about it.

1590694933907.png

Cassadee Pope is suppose to sing the National Anthem tonight if they do race.

Who cares if Colin Cowherd and Jason Whitlock get bumped for a day?

Plus, NASCAR has gone weekday day race the day after a prime time Sunday rainout many times.
It's not a question of bumping the talking heads. It's one of Fox wanting to get the most viewers for its advertising customers. I suspect there may be a clause in the ad contracts that says the sponsors pay less for a weekday afternoon race than one in prime time. Fox' sports division is going to scrap for everything they can get these days, and right now they can do it without bumping any other sport. Why broadcast it in the day when there's nothing else to present at night anyway?

It's not a question of bumping the talking heads. It's one of Fox wanting to get the most viewers for its advertising customers. I suspect there may be a clause in the ad contracts that says the sponsors pay less for a weekday afternoon race than one in prime time. Fox' sports division is going to scrap for everything they can get these days, and right now they can do it without bumping any other sport. Why broadcast it in the day when there's nothing else to present at night anyway?
This. I cant speak for them but I would imagine Fox would want their most ROI for showing NASCAR races, the most bang for their buck if you will. The best chance of that happening during the current weekday conditions would be a prime time slot really not having any competition sports wise at this moment in time. If there were other sports going on right now? I'd listen to your case that the race should be run as soon as possible, I wouldnt agree but I would at least listen. Not now with no other sports on, run that weekday race at night with potential for a bigger audience. Now you can also say while reading this "But he has said in the past a prime time weds night NASCAR race would be awesome, ratings be damned" and you would be correct. I still think a series of Weds night races during the summer (July-EARLY August time frame) would be awesome but a little bit dicier with MLB, International Soccer Tournaments (which FS1 and Fox show a HIGH percentage of) and the start of NFL Pre Season going on. Now? No excuse if you can run it at night on Fox or FS1.

Wow, what a steaming pile of holier than thou bull****. He never said anything about NASCAR not making a great effort to comeback. He was complaining about the timing for this particular race. Whether it's the fault of NASCAR, the networks or both, it's a valid complaint. We're in danger of losing this race altogether.

I know it's fashionable sometimes to gang up on infrequent posters and show off your massive TRUE FAN peepee, but it's not a good look. Lay off the guy.
I don't think NASCAR or the networks are at "fault." They are making the business decisions and those decisions are to make money. Other statements made about the network running the show...well...I think it is because of the networks NASCAR is running a show.

I don't think NASCAR or the networks are at "fault." They are making the business decisions and those decisions are to make money. Other statements made about the network running the show...well...I think it is because of the networks NASCAR is running a show.

That's all fine and good. We can agree to disagree about that. But it's BS for someone to have the NOT A REAL FAN LOL card played on them for having the gasp wrong opinion on the internet.

I dont care how it looks to you. The race will be run, no where did NASCAR say they wont run it even if they lose it today to weather. Where did they say this? We are in danger of losing nothing at the moment. Could it change? Maybe, but thats hindsight and if you want to dive into that then be my guest.
Heaven forbid someone have a discussion and come up with opinions and talk about possible racing scenarios on a racing discussion board.

What a pretentious mess.

Let's get the experts in here

well go ahead and tell that to the Fox Executives. Let us know how it goes.

You’re still assuming FOX controls the timing.

If they really do tell NASCAR when to run their postponed races, anyone trying to persuade them otherwise better mix in some UNDERLINED ALL CAPS.

People getting worked up because some are suggesting a bigger time window need to chill.

Live from the infield , looks good to go racing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-28 Hdere We Go Again.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-28 Hdere We Go Again.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Working late (from home) tonight...got some paperwork and monthly notes to do...as much as I want to tune in, I can't let myself be distracted these next 45 minutes.

How we looking on the weather!?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom