Charlotte Pre-Race Thread

Its gonna be hilarious when it doesn't rain all afternoon then rains tomorrow night

Its gonna be hilarious when it doesn't rain all afternoon then rains tomorrow night

Oh I totally bet on that.

And I guarentee this clown show has cost them a bunch of those new potential fans too.

They're postponing the race? The radar shows the rain is starting to clear out. It will stop raining soon, and should be dry for the rest of the night.

Thankfully, there are no fans attending today that would not be able to attend tomorrow.

2019-05 Charlotte Radar 2.gif

Oh I totally bet on that.

And I guarentee this clown show has cost them a bunch of those new potential fans too.
What are they supposed to do about the weather?

Dammed if you do, damn if you don't. Make people wait until 10-10:30 PM or reschedule? They have no control over this.

Some of you were saying you have to get up early, etc. This works out for those with that issue.

Wow. Never seen a race called so quickly, especially when Concord is on the back edge of the storm right now.

Hopefully they get the race in tomorrow but it looks like another instance where the track is under great conditions all day and afternoon and the evening sees rain.

I hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow night.

NASCAR's decision to postpone this race will seem real short-sighted if it rains again tomorrow night.

I hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow night.

NASCAR's decision to postpone this race will seem real short-sighted if it rains again tomorrow night.
Even worse, they had an original postpone time of noon and changed it to 7pm to make primetime.

Will laugh if they sold their soul and don’t get it in tomorrow either.

Chances of that?

Weather Underground is saying 50% tomorrow and 50% tomorrow night.

So, it could rain in the daytime and be dry in the evening, or dry in the daytime and rain in the evening, or rain all day, or be completely dry all day.

Meanwhile, the rain is clearing the track as we speak.

Sounds like you watched part of the Coke 600 replay that FS1 is airing to fill the time.

Tonight's planned 500km race never started.

Rained till 915

Perhaps they wouldn't have been able to start until 10:15, but they would've been able to race. Last Sunday, it only took them an hour to dry the track.

My concern is that it will rain again tomorrow, and they won't be able to race tomorrow when they could've raced today.

But, at least there are no fans at the track today that would've missed a race tomorrow. So, if it's dry enough to race tomorrow, nobody is hurt by today's decision.

Last edited:
Perhaps they wouldn't have been able to start until 10:15, but they would've been able to race. Last Sunday, it only took them an hour to dry the track.

My concern is that it will rain again tomorrow, and they won't be able to race tomorrow when they could've raced today.

But, at least there are no fans at the track today that would've missed a race tomorrow. So, if it's dry enough to race tomorrow, nobody is hurt by today's decision.
They wouldnt have been able to get the track dry in an hour. Estimates were over 2 hours minimum.

Higher chance of raining tonight than this afternoon. Great call Nascar. Not even suppose to rain till 2pm

Higher chance of raining tonight than this afternoon. Great call Nascar. Not even suppose to rain till 2pm
Direct your continuous complaining to the broadcaster.

You can be quite certain that they have someone working on scheduling and logistics whose experience is not limited to organizing activities for himself and his cat ... unlike the many NASCAR problem-solvers found here and elsewhere.

Direct your continuous complaining to the broadcaster.

You can be quite certain that they have someone working on scheduling and logistics whose experience is not limited to organizing activities for himself and his cat ... unlike the many NASCAR problem-solvers found here and elsewhere.
I love cats.

I dont think it's as easy as you're making it out to be, I would think TV would have a big say over the schedule and not just NASCAR can make the decision. You can agree or disagree but I think thats the way it goes and theres nothing we can do about it.

Yeah I was all set for a late morning watch. I understand wanting the biggest ratings but common sense says the biggest window possible is a much better idea for day 2.

I dont think it's as easy as you're making it out to be, I would think TV would have a big say over the schedule and not just NASCAR can make the decision. You can agree or disagree but I think thats the way it goes and theres nothing we can do about it.

Disagree.

Who cares if Colin Cowherd and Jason Whitlock get bumped for a day?

Plus, NASCAR has gone weekday day race the day after a prime time Sunday rainout many times.

Disagree.

Who cares if Colin Cowherd and Jason Whitlock get bumped for a day?

Plus, NASCAR has gone weekday day race the day after a prime time Sunday rainout many times.
well go ahead and tell that to the Fox Executives. Let us know how it goes.

We have the only Major sport in the country trying to come back, taking great risks mind you, and yet we still have self entitled ungrateful "fans" who complain about it like they are 5 years old. These chronic complainers have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, the planning involved and the logistics in providing them something to gripe about. Pathetic

We have the only Major sport in the country trying to come back, taking great risks mind you, and yet we still have self entitled ungrateful "fans" who complain about it like they are 5 years old. These chronic complainers have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, the planning involved and the logistics in providing them something to gripe about. Pathetic
Entitled, ungrateful race fans are the absolute worst. They should be happy that they are even TRYING TO RACE!!!!!!! While MLB shoots itself in the foot, NBA cant figure out what it wants to do and NFL says they are going to play but we'll see. Good god, just be happy that NASCAR IS TRYING TO GET THIS RACE IN WHETHER ITS TODAY, TOMORROW, SATURDAY. WHENEVER, THERE IS GOING TO BE RACING! I've done my fair share of complaining im sure In my time here, but I see what NASCAR is trying to do by giving us racing and the actual audacity to complain because you disagree with the time, or the Network that actually pays NASCAR to show their sport ( wow what a novel idea) or it doesnt fit your narrative of when it should be televised. Then fine sit there for the 8 weeks with out racing like we just got done doing. Good god this place sometimes.....

Wow, what a steaming pile of holier than thou bull****. He never said anything about NASCAR not making a great effort to comeback. He was complaining about the timing for this particular race. Whether it's the fault of NASCAR, the networks or both, it's a valid complaint. We're in danger of losing this race altogether.

I know it's fashionable sometimes to gang up on infrequent posters and show off your massive TRUE FAN peepee, but it's not a good look. Lay off the guy.

Wow, what a steaming pile of holier than thou bull****. He never said anything about NASCAR not making a great effort to comeback. He was complaining about the timing for this particular race. Whether it's the fault of NASCAR, the networks or both, it's a valid complaint. We're in danger of losing this race altogether.

I know it's fashionable sometimes to gang up on infrequent posters and show off your massive TRUE FAN peepee, but it's not a good look. Lay off the guy.
I dont care how it looks to you. The race will be run, no where did NASCAR say they wont run it even if they lose it today to weather. Where did they say this? We are in danger of losing nothing at the moment. Could it change? Maybe, but thats hindsight and if you want to dive into that then be my guest. and I am not showing off anything that has to do with a peepee or fandom or whatever, when they are trying to do their best to get a race in and it falls to weather why does it deserve a complaint? There should no complaining of races in my view, because I am grateful they are attempting to even run races at this juncture. So much is going wrong in the world right now and people want to complain about a start time? I choose not to participate in that as you eloquently called bull****

Back
Top Bottom