Charlotte RACE thread --- The 600

Elliott and Bowman did ok. That really hurt Johnson, and Byron finished 20th. now17th losing one spot in the points. I don't know how many places Johnson will lose. It they took all of his points away, he was in 12th before the race. Hamlin lost 4 places, so guessing I would say Johnson loses at least 4 to 16th and he starts in the rear for the nexr one.

Happy ******* birthday to me. What a ****** last 3 hours this has been

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What a ****** night for HMS. Should’ve had a win and 4 cars in the top 5.

Now all they have is a 2nd from Chase.

Ryan Blaney and Kyle Busch gain 4 places. Big losers: Hamlin and Boyer drop 4 places and Johnson loses 3 places.

1590416137405.png

The late caution would cost Chase no matter what the team did. At the time I thought it was a mistake to come in for tires when the top 10 stayed out. But when he got to 3rd I changed my mind, it was a good call; they banked on a second restart that didn't happen - it looked like there was a good chance for a wreck.

The late caution would cost Chase no matter what the team did. At the time I thought it was a mistake to come in for tires when the top 10 stayed out. But when he got to 3rd I changed my mind, it was a good call; they banked on a second restart that didn't happen - it looked like there was a good chance for a wreck.

They said as much on the radio after pitting. (Hope for a caution). And the 3 almost gave us that. I was hoping that the 2 and 48 would send it too hard and knock each other around.

3rd isn't terrible, but pitting out of first place in a green and white checker situation shows lack of confidence in your driver. A driver that wanted to stay out. Should have been the driver's decision IMO

Reactions: Pat
Did you even watch Alex Bowman, Joey Logano and Matty D on worn tires gap the leaders who were on fresh tires? Unless Chase spins the tires or gets ****** dumped again there is a legit chance he gets the holeshot and hangs on to win.

Alan made the call based on their last restart where they werent in clean air and weren't in the preferred lane and got dusted to 18th. Straight up bone head.
If he would have stayed out, not one car behind him would have. He would have been in 19th by the fourth corner. Damned if he did, damned if he did not.

If I remember right didn't the 9 team elect to stay out and not get tires earlier in the race and fell back like rocket on the restart?

I think Truex deserves some attention after this race also. He was pretty strong all night and raced the 88 very clean when he was fighting for the lead on more then one occasion.

This package sucks. Flatfooted at Charlotte isn’t racing.
I was monitoring lap times at various intervals during the race. While the lap times fluctuated a bit lap by lap, the top 10 were all running about the same times. The aero war is junk.
R-F Flatfooters and simple arithmetic

1590447608261.png

I think Truex deserves some attention after this race also. He was pretty strong all night and raced the 88 very clean when he was fighting for the lead on more then one occasion.

Truex has been the best Toyota with this package. No question. He has speed when the others have average speed.

3rd isn't terrible, but pitting out of first place in a green and white checker situation shows lack of confidence in your driver. A driver that wanted to stay out. Should have been the driver's decision IMO

Chase tries so hard. Poor guy. At least he didn't wreck it again.

Back
Top Bottom