aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Hoping for a better night ...

1626280248415.png

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Larson, Elliott and Chase Briscoe are USAC Midget racing Wednesday and Thursday nights at The Dirt Track at IMS. The BC39 is a big deal.

And Doug Boles will be there. No broom.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Larson, Elliott and Chase Briscoe are USAC Midget racing Wednesday and Thursday nights at The Dirt Track at IMS. The BC39 is a big deal.

And Doug Boles will be there. No broom.

I was there in 2019 and saw Larson's spin and win. What an awesome race. The one thing I miss since I retired from drag racing is that I'm not in the areas through out the season with weeks off at a time to go to other races like the midgets, at Indy, NASCAR at Indy, sprint cars and midgets at Kokomo, supercross at Crawfordsville and Southwick.

acmerocket

Team Owner
I was there in 2019 and saw Larson's spin and win. What an awesome race. The one thing I miss since I retired from drag racing is that I'm not in the areas through out the season with weeks off at a time to go to other races like the midgets, at Indy, NASCAR at Indy, sprint cars and midgets at Kokomo, supercross at Crawfordsville and Southwick.
did you see turkey nite is on saturday nite.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
The defending NASCAR Cup Series champion is taking on ESPN. Chase Elliott will appear on ESPN’s “College GameDay” on Saturday, Sept. 4, to help preview a high-profile matchup between the Georgia Bulldogs and the Clemson Tigers.

Revman

You can't handle the truth!
Touching moments pre-race with Chase. I am going to trust that the cancer patient he entertained was under advisement from a doctor that it was okay to be unmasked and not distanced around a person who presumably is unvaxxed and certainly unmasked.....after having spent the night in a throng of Georgia fans at a college football game.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Is he? I would have guessed not was well, given some past decisions and actions he's made...
I'm also guessing.

Guessing they're all vaxxed. If it were my team, or any team, I wouldn't be risking an infection that would affect a race entry ... especially now. Again ... just a guess.

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner
I'm also guessing.

Guessing they're all vaxxed. If it were my team, or any team, I wouldn't be risking an infection that would affect a race entry ... especially now. Again ... just a guess.
I 100% agree on the "if I were a team owner" part.

MAGICMILER

Put it out...
Touching moments pre-race with Chase. I am going to trust that the cancer patient he entertained was under advisement from a doctor that it was okay to be unmasked and not distanced around a person who presumably is unvaxxed and certainly unmasked.....after having spent the night in a throng of Georgia fans at a college football game.
Hopefully the make a wish recipient was vaxxed.

Conover

Team Owner
Just a factual FYI about those who are vaccinated: they still get the virus, they still can pass along the virus, they can carry a higher viral load than those not vaccinated, their vaccination does not prevent Covid. What being vaccinated does do is, "typically" but not absolutely, limit symptoms from becoming serious/fatal. These are not anti-vaccination statements. I know these to be true from both research, reports and my own experience.

I suspect nearly all drivers and most team members are vaccinated, but not critically necessary with the rigid testing and interaction protocols. Prayers for the young girl and understand the concern for her well being. Meeting with Chase and others outdoors and reasonably distanced should have been enough to protect her. It's possible she masked at other times (although masks are limited in effectiveness).

JGR_20

County Fair Demo Derby Rookie Of The Year
We now see a picture of a driver meeting a person and we talk about what everyone in the picture needs to do or should have already done with their body

Maybe chase or the girl can sign up and share their personal business with us. All health records right here square in the thread… preferably in one post

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
We now see a picture of a driver meeting a person and we talk about what everyone in the picture needs to do or should have already done with their body

Maybe chase or the girl can sign up and share their personal business with us. All health records right here square in one post
We don't live in the public spotlight.

He does and that carries responsibilities concurrent with his stature. Comes with the territory.

JGR_20

County Fair Demo Derby Rookie Of The Year
We don't live in the public spotlight.

He does and that carries responsibilities concurrent with his stature. Comes with the territory.
I see that point. I guess I just feel like the folks involved know what they need to know and that’s how it should be.

If it involves us fans, then maybe we would be included in the conversations.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Just a factual FYI about those who are vaccinated: they still get the virus, they still can pass along the virus, they can carry a higher viral load than those not vaccinated, their vaccination does not prevent Covid. What being vaccinated does do is, "typically" but not absolutely, limit symptoms from becoming serious/fatal. These are not anti-vaccination statements. I know these to be true from both research, reports and my own experience.

I suspect nearly all drivers and most team members are vaccinated, but not critically necessary with the rigid testing and interaction protocols. Prayers for the young girl and understand the concern for her well being. Meeting with Chase and others outdoors and reasonably distanced should have been enough to protect her. It's possible she masked at other times (although masks are limited in effectiveness).
The hospitals are filled and overrunning with non vaxed people. This is a anti-vaccination fact. IF Chase has taken the poke, being outside like he was greatly reduces the chance of a spread and is a recomended practice by the CDC.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
I see that point. I guess I just feel like the folks involved know what they need to know and that’s how it should be.

If it involves us fans, then maybe we would be included in the conversations.
Fans attend at tracks.

They seek autographs, selfies and attention. They're involved.

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Winter Stuart, FL. Otherwise could be anywhere

Maybe chase or the girl can sign up and share their personal business with us. All health records right here square in the thread… preferably in one post
I posted something similar to this and then went back and deleted it. I guess some of us just need to feel others are not as smart as they are.

MAGICMILER

Put it out...
Another high profile event tonight. Hopefully every one is vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj

jaqua19

Team Owner
The hospitals are filled and overrunning with non vaxed people. This is a anti-vaccination fact. IF Chase has taken the poke, being outside like he was greatly reduces the chance of a spread and is a recomended practice by the CDC.

Yup. If more people get vaccinated, less people will be hospitalized, or even visiting their drs anyway.

The point of vaccination isn't to get rid of COVID, it's to turn COVID into the flu/common cold in terms of how society and the healthcare system prepares to deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Top Bottom