Chase Elliott

People have tried to make a feud out of this, but it's really just a one sided argument. Chase made his point at Bristol and was done with it. Harv has been the one keeping this going, by trying to soundbite bait him off the track and wrecking him on track. What could they really say to Chase? "Don't do what you weren't doing in the first place?"

At this point the important thing is it needs to stop before it escalates any further. These guys are probably going to be racing around each other for a few more years and neither one of them needs this kind of distraction. If Chase doesn't make the bottom 4 then both drivers can actually feel like they each got their revenge. It's pretty clear that Chase got into Kevin's head and probably caused him to wreck costing him a chance to be in the final 4 running for the championship, and if Chase gets eliminated in this round Kevin can feel like he got is revenge because we know he cost Chase a lot of valuable points or even a possible win by taking him out at the roval.

People have tried to make a feud out of this, but it's really just a one sided argument. Chase made his point at Bristol and was done with it. Harv has been the one keeping this going, by trying to soundbite bait him off the track and wrecking him on track. What could they really say to Chase? "Don't do what you weren't doing in the first place?"
Exactly this. Chase moved on, or was really good at acting like he had, because the week after he was ready to talk about that weekend and look ahead to the end of the season and what he and his team needed to do. Kevin wanted to keep taking small little potshots. He truly was the one acting like a 9 year old, not Chase.

Exactly this. Chase moved on, or was really good at acting like he had, because the week after he was ready to talk about that weekend and look ahead to the end of the season and what he and his team needed to do. Kevin wanted to keep taking small little potshots. He truly was the one acting like a 9 year old, not Chase.
If you think Kevin is bad, you shoulda been around when ole DW was playing that head game stuff.

If you think Kevin is bad, you shoulda been around when ole DW was playing that head game stuff.
Stewart has been there a time or two also

1634248339863.png

I think chase moved on leaving Bristol. I dont think he ever really cared about the "feud"

I think chase moved on leaving Bristol. I dont think he ever really cared about the "feud"

Exactly.

Chase left Bristol knowing he had bigger fish to fry. Meanwhile Harvick knew he had no shot at the title, blamed Chase for his own inability to hold off Larson, and felt like he needed to prove something to make himself feel like a badass.

This "feud" was one sided, yet Harvick mocks Chase's "immaturity" when the mic is in his face. How ironic.

Its not gonna continue. Kevin might "hold him up" but he wont put a bumper to him.
I'm not 100% sure of that and THAT along with many others of us who aren't sure about that either is something we will be looking for whenever they get close to each other for the rest of the year.

I'm not 100% sure of that and THAT along with many others of us who aren't sure about that either is something we will be looking for whenever they get close to each other for the rest of the year.
I know right? But thats what keeps us in suspense! Thats what keeps the TV ratings up. But my money is on they wont touch each other.

from Jayski:

NASCAR talks to Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick about feud​

NASCAR confirmed it had a call with members of both race teams after Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliott’s latest run-in during Sunday’s Bank of America Roval 400 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway road course.
Alan Gustafson, crew chief for Elliott, shared some detail with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s Danielle Trotta and Cup Series driver Corey LaJoie regarding the nature of the call.
“They try to allow the competitors to compete and the competitors to be the ones to determine the outcome of the races and let the competitors take care of it on their own,” Gustafson said. “I think that’s the way it should be, right? The story shouldn’t be NASCAR, it should be about the competitors, racing and being the best they can be.
“The message that NASCAR has delivered is they tried to do the best job they could do in allowing it to happen and they’re over it. Whatever way you want to look at it from there, but I think … I commend them for allowing us to race, but I think they’ve had enough. They made that pretty clear.”
NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition Scott Miller told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Monday the sanctioning body was keeping an eye on things and planned to talk to both of the teams.
NASCAR.com

here’s when the last 8 get magically faster than the rest of the field

since Harvick is now out he’ll be regulated to run 15th to 20th place
as well as the rest of the field (told to stay out of the way)

hard to see anyone but a chase driver winning one of these last 4 races

here’s when the last 8 get magically faster than the rest of the field

since Harvick is now out he’ll be regulated to run 15th to 20th place
as well as the rest of the field (told to stay out of the way)

hard to see anyone but a chase driver winning one of these last 4 races
I think we will need to hide and watch to see if that happens. The round of 8 have overall been the fastest cars all year so it isn't much of a stretch to see them continue to do so.

from Jayski:

NASCAR talks to Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick about feud​

NASCAR confirmed it had a call with members of both race teams after Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliott’s latest run-in during Sunday’s Bank of America Roval 400 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway road course.
Alan Gustafson, crew chief for Elliott, shared some detail with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s Danielle Trotta and Cup Series driver Corey LaJoie regarding the nature of the call.
“They try to allow the competitors to compete and the competitors to be the ones to determine the outcome of the races and let the competitors take care of it on their own,” Gustafson said. “I think that’s the way it should be, right? The story shouldn’t be NASCAR, it should be about the competitors, racing and being the best they can be.
“The message that NASCAR has delivered is they tried to do the best job they could do in allowing it to happen and they’re over it. Whatever way you want to look at it from there, but I think … I commend them for allowing us to race, but I think they’ve had enough. They made that pretty clear.”
NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition Scott Miller told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Monday the sanctioning body was keeping an eye on things and planned to talk to both of the teams.
NASCAR.com
This is all so stupid. The sport craves a feud, gets one, then calls a meeting to stop it? The outsider looking in must be so confused. I think what is at work here is that NASCAR is scared ****less that Harvick will screw Chase at Phoenix, and then we will have a cluster**** of a champion. They will be okay. Honestly, I love Harvick's frustration. I think he is so pissed because he had a shot to win a race in a season where he hasn't had ****, and Badass Chase came out....kind of.....I guess.

This is all so stupid. The sport craves a feud, gets one, then calls a meeting to stop it? The outsider looking in must be so confused. I think what is at work here is that NASCAR is scared ****less that Harvick will screw Chase at Phoenix, and then we will have a cluster**** of a champion. They will be okay. Honestly, I love Harvick's frustration. I think he is so pissed because he had a shot to win a race in a season where he hasn't had ****, and Badass Chase came out....kind of.....I guess.

I think Harvick has a lot of pent up frustration, between being robbed of the title last year because of the blatant manipulation (racing in the rain at Texas) and not having a shot to win this year.

I will say, I love hard racing. However you can't have dudes taking each other out every week. Can't have that

1634317962032.jpeg

Yeah, this has NOTHING on feuds Dale St had with DW and Geoff Bodine. Junked cars everywhere in those

Are we really acting like Chase was u bothered by this whole ordeal? Chase demonstrated his own levels of pettiness at Bristol and at the Roval following the incidents.

Chase acted petty, was justifiably upset. Harvick acted like a child, was justifiably upset, then continued to act like a child again.

But can we cut it with the sentiment that Chase is the model example of how to handle beef?

He loves the drama. And I love that he loves the drama. Let's not pretend he doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, this has NOTHING on feuds Dale St had with DW and Geoff Bodine. Junked cars everywhere in those
How about Dale outting Mark Martins alcoholism.

As bitchy as Harvick can be, I don't think anyone would argue he isn't a decent man, or decent father.

I don't think there is any driver out there today who would pull the crap that Dale pulled with Mark Martin

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This feud was good, woke up a segment of the fan base. However IMO it has nothing on the Earnhardt vs Bodine, Earnhardt vs Waltrip, Earnhardt vs Gordon (we all know it was played up. But the fan participation was real) feuds and of recent memory Edwards vs Keselowski (They're gonna kill my boy) Keselowski vs Busch, Logano vs Kesneth and Busch vs Logano feuds. Special shoutout to Stewart vs Logano (I'm gonna whoop his @ss. Thank you!) for being spicy too. I liked seeing Harvick still having the fire, hopefully it will propel him to a good year next year. I dont think the two will mess with each other the rest of the year, thats done for 2021.

Back
Top Bottom