Chase in a slump. Any reason to freak?

Chase will be there at the end.... I believe this is the third year in a row for a thread of something like this. He'll be there come Phoenix with a shot at going to Homestead like was last year and I believe the year before that. Once the playoffs start, there are always drivers that are running better than HMS that seem to suffer from bad luck or taking themselves out. Chase will be fine.

Chase already has a win, will be in round one fer sure. I think with two fails last week they were getting jiggy with the water pump trying to wring a few more HP out of the Chevy motor, but they said nope that wasn't the case, two coincidental to me. Johnson has said he has had the experimental car this year and is tired of it, Elliott is in the chase. I'll put on my tinfoil hat and step out in the sun and say Hendrick isn't setting still.

Anytime you're an organization with the resources of HMS and you bring parts to track that aren't quite ready for prime time, you certainly qualify for the bonehead of the week.

they can't test probably has something to do with it and short practices makes it much harder than the old days.

they can't test probably has something to do with it and short practices makes it much harder than the old days.
Who else blew a driveshaft & threw belts into the atmosphere?

giphy.gif

Between engine dynos, chassis dynos and road going dynos, no need to have question mark drivetrain parts. Heck they could have put the motor package into a late model and went and ran 1000 laps at Concord or something.

Between engine dynos, chassis dynos and road going dynos, no need to have question mark drivetrain parts. Heck they could have put the motor package into a late model and went and ran 1000 laps at Concord or something.
Both of these had to do with either the belt or the water pump assembly. Chase lost water pressure, and Johnson said over the radio that he lost power steering. Nobody but the Hendrick's know what happened and they ain't talking.

Both of these had to do with either the belt or the water pump assembly. Chase lost water pressure, and Johnson said over the radio that he lost power steering. Nobody but the Hendrick's know what happened and they ain't talking.
I think pulleys.

I think pulleys.
could be impellers, bearings, seals also, besides no power steering Johnson said he had high water pressure. Chase said his was running but had no water in it. But they fixed Chase's car and Johnson's and it took almost the same time for both 11 laps and 13.

Two guys are in with a win, Byron is looking pretty consistent on points and knocking on the door of some big results. Jimmie was hitting his stride then had two ****** races that each saw mechanical failures of some sort dull the spear a bit.

could be impellers, bearings, seals also, besides no power steering Johnson said he had high water pressure. Chase said his was running but had no water in it. But they fixed Chase's car and Johnson's and it took almost the same time for both 11 laps and 13.
Yours is the more likely explanation.

As much as I want Newman in the 6 to make it, Jimmie is a couple solid runs from being back in it. Far from out.

Not gonna say I called it just yet, but he doubled his playoff points in 1 race which is a massive deal.

"Are the 2000s guys that good? Or is the current crop of young drivers that underwhelming?

Yes.

Chase has more wins than any driver who debuted since 2008.

I had to check this from the site to see what else was there cause you confused me with the since 2008, cause Joey has more. But I see it says on the other part that my phone and Tapatalk doesn’t show, it says after 2008. So now I’m like okay cool neat fact.

Also shows how drivers who’ve come into Cup the last 10 years have not set the world on fire wow.

I had to check this from the site to see what else was there cause you confused me with the since 2008, cause Joey has more. But I see it says on the other part that my phone and Tapatalk doesn’t show, it says after 2008. So now I’m like okay cool neat fact.

Also shows how drivers who’ve come into Cup the last 10 years have not set the world on fire wow.
Yeah man. I think this kind of shows the talent we've had in the early 2000s. A decade ago, it seems like we had rookies performing like Chase is now. Chase is finally in form. This may be his best year, I would argue Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, maybe Denny Hamlin and possibly Kyle Busch all had better rookie seasons than the season Chase is having now. Plus all the other drivers and champions we had this last decade. I think these younger guys have come into the cup series with higher level competition than anyone else we've seen. No offense to the stars of the 90s, but the Blaneys, Eliots, Larson's, Jones of the world have it way tougher than the Tony's did.

Also, I can't open that link. Brad K came to cup in 2010 and has over 20 wins. Also, by year 2, he was better than today's Chase, and a champion in year 3.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

More Chase wins are to come..... I was laughed out of here when I said Chase could end up in the 50-60 win range and 3 championships. The kid has learned to win, now its on from here.

Chase has more wins than any driver who debuted since 2008.

He has had the best equipment and team since he started. If he would have had to start with a team like BK racing like Bowman did I doubt his win record would have been as shiny. That being said he has done and will continue to do a great job for HMS. IMO He is their best driver at this time and Bowman is second.

Back
Top Bottom