Chase in a slump. Any reason to freak?

He has had the best equipment and team since he started. If he would have had to start with a team like BK racing like Bowman did I doubt his win record would have been as shiny. That being said he has done and will continue to do a great job for HMS. IMO He is their best driver at this time and Bowman is second.

Except that Chase Hasn't had the best equipment so far in his Cup career, not even close. TRD/JGR, TRD/FRR, SHR and Penske have ALL been better on a week to week basis than HMS has had during Chase's tenure. I'd be willing to bet that if they had put Chase in the 18, 19 or 4 in 2016, he'd have at least 15 wins by now.

Except that Chase Hasn't had the best equipment so far in his Cup career, not even close. TRD/JGR, TRD/FRR, SHR and Penske have ALL been better on a week to week basis than HMS has had during Chase's tenure. I'd be willing to bet that if they had put Chase in the 18, 19 or 4 in 2016, he'd have at least 15 wins by now.
I probably should have said good instead of best. That being said there are a few drivers that would have probably increased their win records if they had the cars those teams produced.

I probably should have said good instead of best. That being said there are a few drivers that would have probably increased their win records if they had the cars those teams produced.
We’re just gonna ignore the fact that Chase has straight up outdriven guys like Kyle Busch and MTJ for wins.

The kid can drive his ass off and compete with champions.

He may have had good equipment or the best equipment.... I really dont care about it, thats making excuses and not paying attention to what's in front of you. Chase has produced since day 1.....A playoff driver since day 1, since age 19. He stepped into a Final Four car and hasnt looked back since. To say "its because he has had the best of the best equipment" is a lazy argument, the list is just as long as drivers that havent produced in the "Best equipment" as long as those that did produce. GTFO with that argument, they said the same about the last driver of the 24/9 team as he was kicking everyone's ass in the 90's and 2000's.

We’re just gonna ignore the fact that Chase has straight up outdriven guys like Kyle Busch and MTJ for wins.

The kid can drive his ass off and compete with champions.
I agree with you so I don't know why you would think anyone is ignoring that. That is exactly why he is the best driver at HMS.

I did not intend to put out the vibe that Chase is not good or the only reason he wins is because of his equipment. IMO he is the best young driver out there and he can compete head to head with the best drivers in cup cars. He has done an outstanding job and will no doubt be a champion many times over. I should have worded my first post differently so there would not have been any confusion...my bad.

I really admire the passion that the fans have for Chase Elliott. That kind of passion is very good for Nascar. I love watching the young drivers make their way up the Nascar ladder to success....and as I have said before, he is on his way to the top. It's going to be pretty exciting watching Chase and Bowman chasing the championship. Either one winning would make me happy.

Back
Top Bottom