Chicago Street Race Pre-Race Thread

I have literally watched this 30 times. Preparation and education leads to appreciation IMO. There is more to this sport than the chrome horn.
Yeah that's a good sim. I watched the iRace. I don't think there will be the problems that the Indy road race turn 1 has on restarts. Turn 1 and 2 are pretty wide.

Yeah that's a good sim. I watched the iRace. I don't think there will be the problems that the Indy road race turn 1 has on restarts. Turn 1 and 2 are pretty wide.
I agree. James Small and one other CC mentioned the 3 dogleg into 4 as being the trouble spot.

Growing up in Chicago, and being familiar with the various streets, I am looking forward to it. Looks like rain tires, 60% chance. Again, knowing the streets, I’m curious as to where the team trailers will be located as well as the trailers selling driver stuff.

Growing up in Chicago, and being familiar with the various streets, I am looking forward to it. Looks like rain tires, 60% chance. Again, knowing the streets, I’m curious as to where the team trailers will be located as well as the trailers selling driver stuff.

I believe I read that they're going back to the big tent for this one - no merchandise trailers.

1688154163480.png

The Black Crowes playing the infield (or whatever) in a city where weed is legal actually sounds like a match made in heaven. If only RCR was allowed to put cannabis leaves on the car....
I feel like RCR would be the owner most likely to do that anyway.

Man, I really do hope the racing is better than the track layout. The track looks like something The Borg from Star Trek would design.

When this race was announced, I wasn't really feeling it. As it's approached though, the unknowns of just how it will play out has gotten me quite excited. I'm pumped for Saturday and Sunday!
Yep, that was kind of my feeling. But now I'm looking forward to watching it. I like the track layout...I just hope there is some passing this weekend and not a follow the leader race.

Looks like a decent chance of rain for the Xfinity race today. Get those rain tires on! Cup race looks like it will be dry tomorrow.

There's a mega ****ton of negativity surrounding this race on social media.

Honestly, a lot of it is because people watch too much Fox News and think you'll die, DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE, if you step foot in the city - as if St. Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee aren't more dangerous.
I agree. A lot of the fundamental opposition to this race sounded like it was politically motivated from the start.

The weather concerns me. I wonder if they can postpone to Monday--doubtful. These cars in the wet are a struggle....these cars in the wet on a street course....can't say impossible because it has never been done, but sheesh....asking a lot.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom