Chicago Street Race Pre-Race Thread

Toyotas came to play this weekend. Impressive.

Race will be really interesting, a lot of the usual road course suspects up there plus a couple of ringers.

1688241270646.png

****** badass. Who knows how everything will shake down in the race, but OUR cars are fast. ****** love this.

@FLRacingFan boy you let me down. Letting me find out through Reddit.

Didn’t know Shane was running this race. I gotta watch this now. Top 3 already. ******** is he good!

Feel bad about the way the day ended. Julie Giese is ****** brilliant. This thing translates on TV beautifully. Ben Kennedy is ****** brilliant. This is huge because if you can make it work here, we can take this sport anywhere....including the Pacific Northwest....just sayin'.

It’s pouring here, gosh I hope it rains all day so these fellas can get after it in the wet

NASCAR pushes the star up a bit to 4PM CST. They SHOULD move the time up to 1:30 if they hope to get a race in before T-Storms in the PM (More lightning red flags).

NASCAR pushes the star up a bit to 4PM CST. They SHOULD move the time up to 1:30 if they hope to get a race in before T-Storms in the PM (More lightning red flags).
Existing programming obligations on NBC from 12-5 PM Eastern today…they’re at the mercy of their broadcast partner on this one.

So if worse comes to worst, it’s a wash (literally)?

I wonder what NASCAR would do if the Cup Race couldn’t be run at all by Monday? Just a canceled spot on the 23 calendar?

I wonder what NASCAR would do if the Cup Race couldn’t be run at all by Monday? Just a canceled spot on the 23 calendar?
In that scenario I’d assume they scramble for a makeup date somewhere because of the PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS, but I’m not sure of the feasibility. Bring back the Pocono doubleheader?

Absolutely a disaster for NASCAR with this weather. They must run this race, no open date to fall back on anyway

If this keeps up and a window finally opens later, I wonder if this goes the Coke 600 route and just skip to Cup and hope for the best for Xfinity afterwards.

If this keeps up and a window finally opens later, I wonder if this goes the Coke 600 route and just skip to Cup and hope for the best for Xfinity afterwards.

Yes, Xfinity is an after thought right now. Its all about the Cup cars

Plenty of open dates, just no open Sundays. Now to shut down the streets of Chicago again is a different story.
I’d think maybe they could run it on the Roval at Daytona, maybe the week of the cutoff. Just spitballing…As much as I’ve poked fun of the attempt to gain new fans and the “Muh Entertainment “ Crew, if someone had never been to a race before, chose this one and was looking forward to it I feel just awful for them. I honestly hope the weather breaks and this one gets in today

Any chance they move up the Cup race? I’m considering leaving for the next three hours and I don’t want to miss any of the Cup race.

Back
Top Bottom