Chicago Street Race Pre-Race Thread

Not sure what comment NASCAR or city of Chicago could make to help the situation. Nothing anyone can do until it stops/slows down the raining.

Bring them home and just run the Roval Tuesday or something at this point. I doubt they will want them racing tomorrow, the city probably wants to get back to normal.

I wonder if they'll have the pace car sitting there running with the wipers on and lights flashing for an hour or so like they did earlier with the Xfinity race. What was the point?

No need to let this nice track go to waste. Call in some crackerboxes and let's go racing. :punkrocke

I'll give it a 7. It's interesting how I haven't seen anybody mention how NASCAR **** the bed on reducing the total laps. Inexcusable. Let the pit stops cycle, then notify the teams when it becomes obvious. Bell got screwed. Hard. Having said all of that SVG got screwed too, and drove through the field. Thus, a 7 not a 1.

I'll give it a 7. It's interesting how I haven't seen anybody mention how NASCAR **** the bed on reducing the total laps. Inexcusable. Let the pit stops cycle, then notify the teams when it becomes obvious. Bell got screwed. Hard. Having said all of that SVG got screwed too, and drove through the field. Thus, a 7 not a 1.

Tbh I didn’t know we rate the pre race here.

Bell found those tires all by hisself. so did Hamlin. Truex on the other hand had a love affair with them. The 23 tennis shoe bunch weren't any better. Blowing smoke at Nascar doesn't make it any better I'm afraid. Cheer up, that powerhouse Legacy group will bring the heat next year.

Bell found those tires all by hisself. so did Hamlin. Truex on the other hand had a love affair with them. The 23 tennis shoe bunch weren't any better. Blowing smoke at Nascar doesn't make it any better I'm afraid. Cheer up, that powerhouse Legacy group will bring the heat next year.
20 got screwed, and then yeah, screwed himself. That officiating call was amateur. Terrible, and I know you know that.

20 got screwed, and then yeah, screwed himself. That officiating call was amateur. Terrible, and I know you know that.
That tweet you posted by McLaughlin is just as bad. Teams that pitted and then Nascar decided to throw the phantom red would have been just as screwed by the teams that didn't pit. Nascar gave as much time as they could as it was. SVG had 16 lap better tires than Haley and the others who had aparently stayed out to be able to gain positions in the front. SVG drove from 16th or 17th. Larson was 2nd and got screwed also but came back to finish 4th and Bell pitted at the same time. Bell found tire rubber was his problem as was most of the yotas problems. It's pretty bad when the rookie fared the best out that whole bunch. He almost scored higher than the best driver they used to have.

That tweet you posted by McLaughlin is just as bad. Teams that pitted and then Nascar decided to throw the phantom red would have been just as screwed by the teams that didn't pit. Nascar gave as much time as they could as it was. SVG had 16 lap better tires than Haley and the others who had aparently stayed out to be able to gain positions in the front. SVG drove from 16th or 17th. Larson was 2nd and got screwed also but came back to finish 4th and Bell pitted at the same time. Bell found tire rubber was his problem as was most of the yotas problems. It's pretty bad when the rookie fared the best out that whole bunch. He almost scored higher than the best driver they used to have.
The rookie never ate the tires the way the 8 did. He looked fabulous on that pass. NASCAR knowingly screwed the best car all day. To McLaughlin's point....That's how most series in the world would have handled it....

The rookie never ate the tires the way the 8 did. He looked fabulous on that pass. NASCAR knowingly screwed the best car all day. To McLaughlin's point....That's how most series in the world would have handled it....
The rookie was one of the ones who benefited by staying out on older tires while the faster cars had pitted earlier and were caught out when Nascar shortened the race. SVG and Larson were able to drive from mid pack around them. Bell in the 20 went on a tire wall hunt. Bell had pitted at the same time Larson did, was able to gain some spots on Larson on pit road but Bell found the tires. I think Larson waved at him when he passed him on his way to a top 5 finish.

Back
Top Bottom