Chicagoland Cup Series Pre-Race thread

I'm actually envious watching the rain in Chicago.
As someone that actually lives in the desert where it was 111 yesterday, I am very envious of the rain in Chicago right now, would love some of that here( well, not the wind, you can keep that)

All I can say is, NASCAR, stick with till we run out of time, like 9 pm
I sure hope they stick with it. I usually stay at a Hampton about 10 miles east of the New England Dragway. But, because they don't have NBCSN I decided to stay at a Sleep Inn 30 miles west of the track so I could watch the race. I will move back to the other hotel on Thurs when the rest of the team shows up. I guess all will not be lost though because there is an excellent diner that is voted top 10 in the Country on the other side of the freeway. If it's good enough for Adam Sandler, Martha Stewart, Guy Fieri, and Bill and Hillary Clinton then it's good enough for me.:)

Don’t really matter if they get this race in after the weather. It’s just an air race and really isn’t a measure of driver talent.
That’s where we are.
Who cares who wins?

If they do go back to racing it is definitely going to be a lot cooler and a lot of the rubber will be washed off the track so the setups may have to be changed drastically.

As someone that actually lives in the desert where it was 111 yesterday, I am very envious of the rain in Chicago right now, would love some of that here( well, not the wind, you can keep that)

It's starting to feel like the desert here in Eastern North Carolina. We've had a ridge parked over us for two months now. No clouds whatsoever, no rain, no relief, just hot and miserable. Haven't had any breeze either, which is weird since I live at the ocean.

It's crazy how extreme the weather is. Last year, we had a catastrophic hurricane and over 100 inches of rain, which continued all winter. And now we're literally in a drought with no chance of rain anytime soon.

What's weird is, it's only a small sliver of Eastern North Carolina and South Carolina. Drive north about 60 miles and it's rained a ton.

Bizarre, and miserable. These summers in the south are really making me consider moving back north.

It's starting to feel like the desert here in Eastern North Carolina. We've had a ridge parked over us for two months now. No clouds whatsoever, no rain, no relief, just hot and miserable. Haven't had any breeze either, which is weird since I live at the ocean.

It's crazy how extreme the weather is. Last year, we had a catastrophic hurricane and over 100 inches of rain, which continued all winter. And now we're literally in a drought with no chance of rain anytime soon.

What's weird is, it's only a small sliver of Eastern North Carolina and South Carolina. Drive north about 60 miles and it's rained a ton.

Bizarre, and miserable. These summers in the south are really making me consider moving back north.
I am going to say its bit worse for you because you have the humidity to go along with the heat, we just for the most part have the heat. I agree you weather there is a bit crazy , I don't blame you for you wanting to move up north .

Under the grands stands, they are soaked. The word is it will last an hour, so they say.

I am going to say its bit worse for you because you have the humidity to go along with the heat, we just for the most part have the heat. I agree you weather there is a bit crazy , I don't blame you for you wanting to move up north .

Oh, and because it was a wet and warm winter, the gnats are worse than ever. Because of global warming, we've lost the natural pesticide that's called "Winter."

Hopefully they get this race in tonight. I hate Monday afternoon races. This stupid thing called a "job" always interferes :mad:
That always sucks. This would be the one time that my job wouldn't affect me...but I hope they get it in because I have other things I want to do tomorrow.

I used to like Dale Jarrett and Kyle Petty. Now, they’re just nascar talking heads. They discredit their own accomplishments in the sport with their current caving rhetoric.

I used to like Dale Jarrett and Kyle Petty. Now, they’re just nascar talking heads. They discredit their own accomplishments in the sport with their current caving rhetoric.

Huh?

Petty and Jarrett make the show. They are the most honest, straight-forward commentators out there. Kyle Petty especially, they are the opposite of the guys in the booth.

Dale Jarrett looks like he's going to audition for Dracula
At some point I thought DJ had become the team manager of the Ducati MotoGP team.
upload_2019-6-30_22-25-18.png

Huh?

Petty and Jarrett make the show. They are the most honest, straight-forward commentators out there. Kyle Petty especially, they are the opposite of the guys in the booth.
I didn’t care for KP a few years ago but he has won me over on the Motormouth show. I really would like him in the booth.

I didn’t care for KP a few years ago but he has won me over on the Motormouth show. I really would like him in the booth.

The TNT broadcasts were magical when they had Ralph Sheheen, Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty in the booth. All three were fantastic. And then they put Adam Alexander in the booth.

Kinda worried about that second line coming from the northwest to southeast, hopefully it will lose energy.

Oh, and because it was a wet and warm winter, the gnats are worse than ever. Because of global warming, we've lost the natural pesticide that's called "Winter."
Oh gnats suck , yeah, weather is and the seasons are changing .

I never realized Mike is that short, is even 5ft tall ?

Don’t really matter if they get this race in after the weather. It’s just an air race and really isn’t a measure of driver talent.
That’s where we are.
Who cares who wins?
lol. An "air " race eh? geez. I trust you will still be watching ,right?

NBCSN just showed a commercial advertising our race next weekend at New England Dragway. Does anyone have any Idea how far the commercial would cover?

Back
Top Bottom