Chili Bowl 2021

Bell looked very comfortable up on the cushion. The track is a lot different tonight and could be different Saturday. McIntosh will be in the top five and fighting for podium on Saturday, I'm convinced.

They sure are tearing up a lot of cars tonight.

Yeah a year on the circuit has helped McIntosh and he only needed a little bit to be right up there at the front. He was the youngest to be on the podium last year at 17.

The way they reworked the track with all that moisture, I'm not sure the top is going to come back in enough during the feature. Bottom could be king again.

The best the track was tonight was for the VIROC.

I do not understand why T-Mez wouldn't stay on the bottom and at least make Larson drive around him on the outside.

Golobic is looking feisty.

I do not understand why T-Mez wouldn't stay on the bottom and at least make Larson drive around him on the outside.

Golobic is looking feisty.
If they could get the cautions to stop this be a great battle

Not good for Golobic

Poor Golobic.

They haven't gotten the track quite right for feature time either night, but it's a long week.

Larson didn't look super fast, but good enough.

Larson being frank in the interview that the track is not where it needs to be. Like he said, they'll probably get it right.

Dammit if Gragson isn't winning me over.

From the track prep crew:

Brad Sweet up top with his winning ways. Look who is 11th overall
1610578465181.png

They about have Moffitt, who is ok, car back together and it looks like he is going to get another shot at it.

Chase looked a little shaky at times, but that's because he was running the difficult line. 6th to 4th will get him into a qualifier with a decent route to the A-Main. It's impressive that he went forward at all, hoping he continues to get comfortable and picks up more speed.

Eliott and Moffit coming up in B2, starting side-by-side a row out of the transfer. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Tough break for Chase, would’ve liked to see what he could do without that bad break. He seems pretty quick for a noob.

Tough break early for Chase, he may have had enough speed to hold onto a transfer if he didn't have to start at the back, but it would have been close. As it is, he'll have a hard time advancing far on Saturday from an F.

I admire it too. There's something special about a guy who is already on top of the world and has little to gain challenging himself like that.

I hope Larson can keep him interested in coming back. He just needs seat time. He is fundamentally sound.

Back
Top Bottom