Christopher Bell Appreciation Thread

To add I’m definitely not a SHR fan (even though I’m a Smoke fan) and do support the penalty because it was so blatant when watching the race
It WAS blatant, and I don't think NASCAR had much choice but to drop the hammer, but most of these situations are much more subtle, and that's where things get hairy. Do you disregard plate races (and maybe Atlanta) where it's a given that somebody will sacrifice a shot at the win whether it is to help somebody, be a good teammate or just figuring that pushing someone else gives them the best chance to get a decent finish?

Is it a BIG deal? No, not really.
He hit a guy under yellow. It's a big deal...and it cost Denny a win....a big deal. We marginalize it because it's Hendrick. Just imagine if this had been JGR.....Period.

I don't like the example being set

JoLo is in the final 4 most likely, imo. Someone is getting dumped by him. Whether it's Elliott, Bell or Hamlin (all locks imo), this board should likely be prepared.

Whoever is in front of him for the final 25 lap go go restart (which WILL happen somehow), they're getting dumped.

I hope Logano plows through the field and wrecks everyone. It will be most in-line with what we've seen lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I don't like it under green, and it is intolerable under yellow, and even the "racers" on this board understand that....but you know, Hendrick. ****** bull****.

He hit a guy under yellow. It's a big deal...and it cost Denny a win....a big deal. We marginalize it because it's Hendrick. Just imagine if this had been JGR.....Period.
Seriously? Really? Cost Denny a Win ? Dennys big head should be fined if something is costing him wins.
Who died and made Denny Hamlin the spokesman for Nascar?

Seriously? Really? Cost Denny a Win ? Dennys big head should be fined if something is costing him wins.
Who died and made Denny Hamlin the spokesman for Nascar?
Watch the race, and then continue on with your cute posts.

Congratulations to C Bell...

I didn't realize you win on lap 269 of 334. I hope and pray someone puts Hamlin in the wall. Stuff like that is what he needs. His stupid talk of a list. What happens when the list pays him back. I'm gonna venture to say Bubba (The Water Boy) will have the same attitude as Hamlin soon. Drivers that make excuses 100% of the time. Cute enough?
BTW I did like Bubba,till the water bottle incident. I didn't think it was right with the woman Dr sitting there.
My wife and I was maybe 20 feet away and seen the whole thing.

Drivers have been hitting other drivers under yellow from day one. Why the sudden outrage now? Not saying it should be allowed, but I don't think the world stops because of it. Also, I could make the case that William was going to win that race and Denny ruined it for HIM. Noody here seems to care that Elliott lost a race that was in the bag because a F-ing sign fell off the wall, so why should I care about what happened to Denny?

Drivers have been hitting other drivers under yellow from day one. Why the sudden outrage now? Not saying it should be allowed, but I don't think the world stops because of it. Also, I could make the case that William was going to win that race and Denny ruined it for HIM. Noody here seems to care that Elliott lost a race that was in the bag because a F-ing sign fell off the wall, so why should I care about what happened to Denny?
Awesome points.

But but but the narrative! That's, you know, his brand! Chicky nuggy gang in mom's basement with MY Camaro 2.0 and the rest of the dislikers!!!! Period. :wacko:

My issue with the Byron deal is more about the lack of penalty.

The 11 lost track position, and thus points because of that. A points penalty for the 24 would be most appropriate imo, racing morality aside.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My issue with the Byron deal is more about the lack of penalty.

The 11 lost track position, and thus points because of that. A points penalty for the 24 would be most appropriate imo, racing morality aside.

The 11 got exactly what he deserved.

As far as Byron's penalty, if they don't call it during the race, there shouldn't be a points penalty after. NFL officials miss calls all the time, and they don't go back a day after the game is played and take a touchdown off the board.

Besides, if Byron had retaliated under green, if the 11 smacks the wall and is out of the race, and if Denny gets concussed.....would there be a penalty for that? History says nope, absolutely not. Drivers rough each other up all the time, which usually causes someone to lose track position. Welcome to auto racing.

And what do you call Hamlin riding around Gateway at half speed in front of Chastain? No penalty, and another case of Hamlin being really lucky he didn't get Kenseth'd straight into the outside wall.

WTF. You don't **** a guy's race up under yellow. You just don't. What planet are we on?....and that's bull****....Drivers absolutely have not been spinning guys out under yellow. I mean WTF. Listen to yourself!

The 11 got exactly what he deserved.

As far as Byron's penalty, if they don't call it during the race, there shouldn't be a points penalty after. NFL officials miss calls all the time, and they don't go back a day after the game is played and take a touchdown off the board.

Besides, if Byron had retaliated under green, if the 11 smacks the wall and is out of the race, and if Denny gets concussed.....would there be a penalty for that? History says nope, absolutely not. Drivers rough each other up all the time, which usually causes someone to lose track position. Welcome to auto racing.

And what do you call Hamlin riding around Gateway at half speed in front of Chastain? No penalty, and another case of Hamlin being really lucky he didn't get Kenseth'd straight into the outside wall.

You don't take a guy out under yellow. You just don't. WTF.

But but but the narrative! That's, you know, his brand! Chicky nuggy gang in mom's basement with MY Camaro 2.0 and the rest of the dislikers!!!! Period. :wacko:
You mad bro? Thanks for listening. I'm impressed.....haven't used the Chicky Nuggy line in a bit....need to resurrect it I think.

Okay, I understand now. Byron is to be commended for taking Denny out under yellow to prevent a concussion. Willy is such a kind soul, isn't he? Denny was not roughed up, he was spun out, los his track position, and the race. Your posts would suggest that you understand racing, so you know better than this. It is stunning that this is actually a conversation.

Okay, I understand now. Byron is to be commended for taking Denny out under yellow to prevent a concussion. Willy is such a kind soul, isn't he? Denny was not roughed up, he was spun out, los his track position, and the race. Your posts would suggest that you understand racing, so you know better than this. It is stunning that this is actually a conversation.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill, sheesh. So what's a better outcome for Denny and his team? The deal with Byron, or the Fontana wreck with Logano that broke his back? Which scenario would you prefer?

This isn't a big deal. At all. It's not like Byron destroyed his car under caution like KB did to Hornaday. Maybe Denny should quit driving like a tool and he won't have to worry about other drivers hitting him at all.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill, sheesh. So what's a better outcome for Denny and his team? The deal with Byron, or the Fontana wreck with Logano that broke his back? Which scenario would you prefer?

This isn't a big deal. At all. It's not like Byron destroyed his car under caution like KB did to Hornaday. Maybe Denny should quit driving like a tool and he won't have to worry about other drivers hitting him at all.
You can't spin a driver under yellow. No. This was a track position race--like so many are. To eliminate a guy under yellow is wrong. Period. I get that Denny drove Willy hard, but that's not anything Logano doesn't do every other lap.....and again, I am not going to commend Willy for sparing Denny a broken back or concussion. That is ridiculous. I am still pissed because every Toyota win is big to me, and I think Denny got screwed on this thing, and it isn't right. While I respect your opinion, I can't see the justification. I am guessing that NASCAR is a little nervous getting to the end of the season with this.

You can't spin a driver under yellow. No. This was a track position race--like so many are. To eliminate a guy under yellow is wrong. Period. I get that Denny drove Willy hard, but that's not anything Logano doesn't do every other lap.....and again, I am not going to commend Willy for sparing Denny a broken back or concussion. That is ridiculous. I am still pissed because every Toyota win is big to me, and I think Denny got screwed on this thing, and it isn't right. While I respect your opinion, I can't see the justification. I am guessing that NASCAR is a little nervous getting to the end of the season with this.

That's fair. I agree that Byron should have been penalized for it, DURING the race. Not a points penalty afterwards. That's NASCAR's screwup and was rightfully overturned.

My point is that the alternative is a situation where Byron retaliates under green, which likely leads to a result that has you even more pissed off than the deal under yellow.

WTF. You don't **** a guy's race up under yellow. You just don't. What planet are we on?....and that's bull****....Drivers absolutely have not been spinning guys out under yellow. I mean WTF. Listen to yourself!

What the hell do you call this?

A long one. I don't think any other driver has had so many issues that wasn't his fault. Even a part when he admitted he brake checked BK under caution.

Don't believe I have ever heard somebody say the large honking ass penalties were not the point lol.

Don't believe I have ever heard somebody say the large honking ass penalties were not the point lo

THIS comment below from Rev was what I was responding to. The appropriate penalties for such incidents is another side of the discussion, and once again for the record, I am not nor have I at any time bitched about Byron's original penalty, or gloated about his reduced one. All I have tried to do is defend the appeal process.

"WTF. You don't **** a guy's race up under yellow. You just don't. What planet are we on?....and that's bull****....Drivers absolutely have not been spinning guys out under yellow. I mean WTF. Listen to yourself!"

I think the videos I posted from just THIS YEAR illustrate my point that it DOES happen, and considering what happened to some of these guys, Denny's loss of track position was pretty mild.

I see no difference whatsoever. In fact, considering the potential damage to the cars, I see this as worse.
So you are good with the Playoff leader in Phoenix getting spun under yellow with 20 to go if "he had it coming?" Then, what the **** is the yellow for? Help me with that.....

I appreciate Christopher Bell by the way. Needed to get back on track per @aunty dive point that we are on an off topic run. Let's move everything over to the "Does Willy Even Care Anymore" thread.

So you are good with the Playoff leader in Phoenix getting spun under yellow with 20 to go if "he had it coming?" Then, what the **** is the yellow for? Help me with that.....
Once again, you are trying to make it sound like I endorse this activity. I'm just pointing out it happens, and always has happened. If somebody decides that they just HAVE to settle the score with somebody, yes, I would rather it be under caution at lower speeds, ESPECIALLY with THIS car. What I DON'T want to see is what Gordon did to Bowyer, (even though I thought Bowyer deserved it) what Kenseth did to Logano, even if he IS one of my least favorite drivers, or what Edwards did to Kes. Personally, I would have suspended Carl multiple weeks for that one.

Once again, you are trying to make it sound like I endorse this activity. I'm just pointing out it happens, and always has happened. If somebody decides that they just HAVE to settle the score with somebody, yes, I would rather it be under caution at lower speeds, ESPECIALLY with THIS car. What I DON'T want to see is what Gordon did to Bowyer, (even though I thought Bowyer deserved it) what Kenseth did to Logano, even if he IS one of my least favorite drivers, or what Edwards did to Kes. Personally, I would have suspended Carl multiple weeks for that one.
Honestly, man, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I don't think that I said that Willy's stunt doesn't happen, my point was that it can't....and it's bull**** that he got away with it. It is even worse that a chunk of cash made it okay. I cannot get my head around your support for evening a score under yellow. First, I feel trackside workers might take issue with your position, and second, what the hell does the yellow even mean at that point? I am really blown away that this is even a topic of discussion.....but the Ex Con wields tremendous influence.

Honestly, man, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I don't think that I said that Willy's stunt doesn't happen, my point was that it can't....and it's bull**** that he got away with it. It is even worse that a chunk of cash made it okay. I cannot get my head around your support for evening a score under yellow. First, I feel trackside workers might take issue with your position, and second, what the hell does the yellow even mean at that point? I am really blown away that this is even a topic of discussion.....but the Ex Con wields tremendous influence.

Well, I laid out my thoughts and reasoning, but all you want to talk about was how the penalty was reduced to a fine, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Also, when you say the ex con, I just automatically assume you mean Gene Haas.....

Well, I laid out my thoughts and reasoning, but all you want to talk about was how the penalty was reduced to a fine, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Also, when you say the ex con, I just automatically assume you mean Gene Haas.....
Yep.....and there is more than one crook in the garage.....of which, COACH Joe Gibbs is not one. Appreciate your posts. You make me a better fan.

Back
Top Bottom