CocaCola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway

The 600 in 2001 was the second race I’d ever been to. I was 11 years old (the first was in Bristol either 98 or 99 spring I think but was too young -8 or 9 - to remember the year for sure).
We had tickets almost a year in advance and for months I looked forward to going and watching Dale Earnhardt. Of course he didn't make it to the race but jt was still an awesome race weekend and track to attend.
That’s how felt when we got our tickets for my first nascar race (had been to very many CART and NHRA races) at Chicagoland in 2001. We got our tickets for Christmas from my dad in December of 2000. I was of course excited very excited to see Jeff Gordon but equally excited to see the 3. Alas, that last part wasn’t meant to be.

Being a sold out crowd is great news! I just hope that includes utilizing all available seating.

Heard some people complaining about limited seating at other venues. Turns out tracks are closing off areas because they don't have enough personnel to accommodate all available seating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Being a sold out crowd is great news! I just hope that includes utilizing all available seating.

Heard some people complaining about limited seating at other venues. Turns out tracks are closing off areas because they don't have enough personnel to accommodate all available seating.

Which tracks were those, I haven't heard a thing about tracks doing that. Are you talking about Nascar tracks?

Which tracks were those, I haven't heard a thing about tracks doing that. Are you talking about Nascar tracks?
Actually I think it happened this past weekend for the truck and Xfinity races. Was listening to Sirius this afternoon and caller called in complaining about this. I belive it was Moody that explained it as a lot tracks just don't have enough people to service the entire capacity of the track. I imagine there's something in the permits that require a certain amount of personnel (would think mostly fire and ems) for every determined level of attendance.

For the popularity of the sport I hope everything is sold out this week

Could be, I didn't see any closures and I watched both races. From your post it seemed like they were shutting down parts of the seating areas and ended up with less seats than people. Didn't make any sense.

I’ve always wanted to go to the Coca Cola 600. It’s on my list, gotta try harder to knock that one out.

Everybody needs to experience it once, it’s a lot of in. If you’re a drinker, bring plenty of beer. I was at the 2017 race that had a rain delay and Austin Dillon got his first win, but that rain delay got me a special kind of drunk! It’s a long race to sit through but always fun to see the strategies play out at the end of the race. My advice would be bring or rent a scanner, a lot funner experience when you can keep up with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I belive it was Moody that explained it as a lot tracks just don't have enough people to service the entire capacity of the track. I imagine there's something in the permits that require a certain amount of personnel (would think mostly fire and ems) for every determined level of attendance.
I can believe that's what Moody was told.

Grandstand seats are sold out. Only thing left are Speedway Club, Suites, and SRO sun deck in turn 4. Never thought I'd see that day again.
Only standing-room-only access in the popular Turn 4 Sun Deck remains for fans who don’t want to miss any of the action at the crown jewel event.

Grandstand capacity is 79,000. Selling that out is a sizable crowd, definitely one of the biggest of the season. It’s quite possible camping and standing room bring it up near or into six figures.

Grandstand capacity is 79,000. Selling that out is a sizable crowd, definitely one of the biggest of the season. It’s quite possible camping and standing room bring it up near or into six figures.
The camping is mostly sold out except the $6000.00 to 7000.00 per site and the cheapest out in the boonies. It's packed.

What to watch at Charlotte​

After Reddick, Daniel Suárez is the next highest-ranked driver (19th in points) without a Cup Series win. His teammate, Ross Chastain, is one of only two drivers with two wins this season, and Trackhouse Racing has been surprisingly strong this year. The negatives are that Charlotte has not been one of Suárez’s best tracks, and, while he’s showed bursts of promise, he’s tied for second-most number of accidents this year with seven.

1653620875619.png

I didn't realize there were still single tix left, now I'm thinking about going. I was planning on going tomorrow but now maybe I'll go Sunday instead. Or both. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, I realize it's all about the TV schedule, but three hours between the X race and Cup P&Q? Really? I doubt few in the stands stick around.

Yeah, I realize it's all about the TV schedule, but three hours between the X race and Cup P&Q? Really? I doubt few in the stands stick around.
Some will probably go to their campers for snacks and libations . Others will probably meander and take in the sights Of CMS.
Others could just chill. We've done all 3 on our visits there over the years...

TRD sweep of the front two rows covered by only .028. Pretty impressive. Not sure how much it means with all of the track evolution over 4+ hours though. Should be a fun one.

Back
Top Bottom