CocaCola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Fords did for a change. Buescher was in the hunt quite a bit, Briscoe was fast, Logano and Blaney were pretty good. I think Cendric had a hot rod but he wrecked it.
The Fords were pretty fast last night. I don't know why the 48 wasn't a factor in the race last night. They were fast in practice and qualifying. Maybe they didn't have a good night setup.

Austin Dillion thought he was superman on four tires. Reddick continues to pull away in the points. A little good luck and Reddick will be in the win column. The only thing Dillion has working for him is experience compared to Reddick IMO, and that is rapidly going away also.
I reflexively wanted to angrily disagree but that probably just means that you're right. These days I kinda root for half the field because they all seem to have at least one distinct trait that I like - but honestly there's some Sundays where I'm in the mood to see that Bass Pro #3 car go to victory lane and watch Austin Dillon act like he's the best driver on the face of the Earth. Even his brother has some of that "it factor" in him.
Screenshot_20220530-134835_Chrome.jpg

(Ty Dillon, 2018)

Gragson has some "Dillon" in him too and I can't help but root for him too.

I wish Racing Reference still had their charts. You could pick up to three drivers at a time and the chart/graph would show you their place lap for lap during the race.

Doesn't sound like "appreciation" thread material.
Have you seen the Kyle Busch "appreciation" thread? Standard operating procedure.
I think the Toyotas should be thanking the 4 tire superman Austin Dillion for the gift today lol.
WE are....but thanks for the insight as usual.
Hard racing.

That's all it was, I would be more upset if he didn't try. He and Larson put on a show, but he found that limit big time.

Definately a 600 to remember.
That's hard racing? When you wreck? Okay. He didn't find the limit...he exceeded it...again.
KB tried a hail Mary also, but he couldn't pull it off either.
Didn't see his spin. Must have missed something.
Plus, Tony would have probably fired him if he hadn't gone for the win. You know he would have went for it. :)
Fantasy.
I think the Toyotas should be thanking the 4 tire superman Austin Dillion for the gift today lol.
Dillon is an idiot while Briscoe is a racer. Got it. No bias here at all.

That's hard racing? When you wreck? Okay. He didn't find the limit...he exceeded it...again.
It was, I mean we've seen the best go over the limit this season.

It happens, its not like he tried to run Larson off of the track. Briscoe and Larson were very respectable of each other last night. I don't know how much more you want.

Have you seen the Kyle Busch "appreciation" thread? Standard operating procedure.
Yes, but Kyle deserves to be bashed...just kidding, well not. I admit I was one of the bashers, but when someone pointed out to me it was his appreciation thread I took my bashing elsewhere. Which was easy to do.

It was, I mean we've seen the best go over the limit this season.

It happens, its not like he tried to run Larson off of the track. Briscoe and Larson were very respectable of each other last night. I don't know how much more you want.
I'm not saying he did anything wrong....dunno....some of the stuff he does seems out of character for the brand he puts out there. He came within inches of taking Larson out, and he did just that with Reddick....but it seems to be well received by those guys. What he did to Denny in Indy was inexcusable, but he didn't seem to get it.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong....dunno....some of the stuff he does seems out of character for the brand he puts out there. He came within inches of taking Larson out, and he did just that with Reddick....but it seems to be well received by those guys. What he did to Denny in Indy was inexcusable, but he didn't seem to get it.
yep, knew the Hambone was coming when the first Briscoe whine came. lol.

But Denny blocking him all over the track was fine? Oh yeah that's right he drives a Toyota.....can't do anything wrong

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

But Denny blocking him all over the track was fine? Oh yeah that's right he drives a Toyota.....can't do anything wrong

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
What bull****. Drilled him after getting flagged. Work harder. Oh, but, he's a rrrrrracer....and that's how they settle **** on dirt tracks in the middle of nowhere, right? But, he'll have a beer with ya, and sign a t-shirt. Whatever.

Maybe this needs to be in the Chase Briscoe Appreciation thread, but could someone please explain this guy to me? I don't get him. Made an ass out of himself at Indy last year....has thrown away two second place finishes with Hail Mary passing attempts...and then gets out of the car with the "Aw shucks" thing. I don't get him.
Also drove through Suarez on the restart where Chris flipped. Suarez got tight and in a bad position but Briscoe didn’t do him any favors. People like him because the “aw shucks I was going for the win and sent it”,that’s fine…. hope he’s as aw shucks with the shoulder shrug when he’s the one upside down in the infield.

If Briscoe didn't cause a caution with 5 to go, there wouldn't be a Toyota win. You whiners need to be thankful. lol.

And if Suarez hadn't spun out, and if Bubba's pit crew had its act together, and if Blaney had stayed off the apron, and IF

The last incident alone isn't the sole factor in determining who wins.

And if Suarez hadn't spun out, and if Bubba's pit crew had its act together, and if Blaney had stayed off the apron, and IF

The last incident alone isn't the sole factor in determining who wins.
uh nope, the last incident was in this case the determining factor of who was going to win the race. Hamlin and Crash Dillion on 4 would have never been a factor without the caution.

I like this youngster. He has a good attitude, and he is not afraid to go for it all. I think Tony done good bringing him on board... he is going to win a lot of races in the future.
I didn't agree with the Indy call. He was run off the track by Hamlin, let Hamlin have his spot back and he returned the favor.

Back
Top Bottom