CocaCola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway

TRD sweep of the front two rows covered by only .028. Pretty impressive. Not sure how much it means with all of the track evolution over 4+ hours though. Should be a fun one.
Completely agree...but it's a damn good start. WE were quick in practice when the track was hotter too...but as always, the necessity for adjustability is what makes this the greatest race of the year IMO.

Did they have qualifying?

1653836620859.png

TRD sweep of the front two rows covered by only .028. Pretty impressive. Not sure how much it means with all of the track evolution over 4+ hours though. Should be a fun one.
Are we in for a MTJ level ass whooping?

Eh I'm watching the 500 and the coverage is good, not sure that much superior than nascar.

I think one thing nascar could do to really help out is when they replay radio transmissions is actually caption it like they do in F1. So many times they play a radio transmission and I'm like what the heck did they say?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Eh I'm watching the 500 and the coverage is good, not sure that much superior than nascar.

I think one thing nascar could do to really help out is when they replay radio transmissions is actually caption it like they do in F1. So many times they play a radio transmission and I'm like what the heck did they say?

The tone is the biggest difference. That and showing an accident/caution during commercial break.

Jr is being a serious analyst, not trying to out gerbil the gerbils. Same as listening to Jeff Burton this week on DBC. When not in gerbil mode in booth, he's a great analyst and voice of the sport.

Yeah, I realize it's all about the TV schedule, but three hours between the X race and Cup P&Q? Really? I doubt few in the stands stick around.

I don't discount the TV aspect but I figured they waited until later so it would more simulate the race conditions when the track is a little cooler

Watching Indy 500 and the coverage is light years ahead of a NASCAR race. There, kicked that horse carcass one more time!
NEP, BSI, Game Creek and other production trucks are The pinnacles of live TV production.
The Directors and producers inside are what make the difference.. And it shows when the switch is made every year...

Clint drinks one less beer the night before and one more bottle of water on race day. LOL

What a heart-breaking story about the young soldier that Bowman is paying tribute too tonight.

Green Flag!, lets go racing and the last race the FOX network for '22( not for FOX Sports)

Well for someone who has a significant hearing loss, I know where you are coming from. I always use CC and when they don't get what was said, my lack of hearing is justified too...no matter how loud I have the volume.

Maybe this needs to be in the Chase Briscoe Appreciation thread, but could someone please explain this guy to me? I don't get him. Made an ass out of himself at Indy last year....has thrown away two second place finishes with Hail Mary passing attempts...and then gets out of the car with the "Aw shucks" thing. I don't get him.

Maybe this needs to be in the Chase Briscoe Appreciation thread, but could someone please explain this guy to me? I don't get him. Made an ass out of himself at Indy last year....has thrown away two second place finishes with Hail Mary passing attempts...and then gets out of the car with the "Aw shucks" thing. I don't get him.
Doesn't sound like "appreciation" thread material.

Hard racing.

That's all it was, I would be more upset if he didn't try. He and Larson put on a show, but he found that limit big time.

Definately a 600 to remember.

Hard racing.

That's all it was, I would be more upset if he didn't try. He and Larson put on a show, but he found that limit big time.

Definately a 600 to remember.
Yep, that was awesome watching Briscoe go for it even though it didn't stick. He is already in the playoffs so there was no reason not to go for the win. Rev should be happy he did because that is what set up his 2 guys to get a 1-2 finish. KB tried a hail Mary also, but he couldn't pull it off either. He didn't sound very enthused about coming in second, that's for sure. That Briscoe kid is going to be a tough competitor for years to come.

I guess Briscoe should have stomped his feet, said it was impossible to pass with this new car and walked away doing his best Kyle Busch impression lol. Briscoe was enjoying himself. He ran down and harassed the best in the sport for a number of laps, put on a hell of a racing show for the fans and went for it. Came back and finished a respectable 4th. He was very happy to see his SHR car have some speed for a change.

I guess Briscoe should have stomped his feet, said it was impossible to pass with this new car and walked away doing his best Kyle Busch impression lol. Briscoe was enjoying himself. He ran down and harassed the best in the sport for a number of laps, put on a hell of a racing show for the fans and went for it. Came back and finished a respectable 4th. He was very happy to see his SHR car have some speed for a change.
Plus, Tony would have probably fired him if he hadn't gone for the win. You know he would have went for it. :)

Also, Briscoe is pretty genuine. Bumped into him a few times and always has time for fans. I mean at Milbridge he'd go and sit in the stands with fans, take pictures, and just conversate. He doesn't come off as fake at all. Just a chill dude a lot of the racers are that way.

Austin Dillion thought he was superman on four tires. Reddick continues to pull away in the points. A little good luck and Reddick will be in the win column. The only thing Dillion has working for him is experience compared to Reddick IMO, and that is rapidly going away also.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Fords did for a change. Buescher was in the hunt quite a bit, Briscoe was fast, Logano and Blaney were pretty good. I think Cendric had a hot rod but he wrecked it.

Back
Top Bottom