Coke Zero 400 Race Thread

I say that's BS. You'll be there just like I will when Talladega rolls around. :cool: We may complain about it but we'll be watching.
I kept dozing during the 400, it was very boring, but you knew at the end all hell would break loose.

Man, while the race was unfolding this thread was one big pitch-a-fit and then Stewart wins and like the kid who finally gets that candy it's been howling for...instant and complete utter jubilation!

Now, obviously I wasn't too well pleased with the outcome of that race as it was a 180 from the 500 and sometimes the shoe doesn't feel to great on the other foot ;)

So for the person asking what it is about Nascar, it's all about the passion that fans feel for their favorite drivers, the pseudo hatred of their rivals and the emotions of watching them driving hard on the edge for the win. It's all in this thread - aside from the pissing contest earlier :oops: Anyway, read it - it's here.

Pissing contest? Where? Who won?

It's the internet and no one wins (that includes myself) as even if you think you've won, you're still an idiot for arguing on the internet :( There's a less PC way of putting that but I think my point is made :D

Very true dpk. Now 6,184,000 people know how badly nascar has messed up the plate races and may never tune in again. We're going to run out of people.

Until nascar changes the rule package enough, I'll just tune in for the end of these borefests. I won't even record so it shows I'm not watching this crap anymore.

Of all the races I watched this weekend, the Coke 400 was the looser. The NW race and the F1 race from Silverstone were both better I thought.

I don't know, if I was going to daytona next july, I would buy a NW ticket and watch the cup race from a napping chair.

And how in the heck does Jimmie Johnson wreck in all three plate races this year?

I'm going to start calling it destructor plate racing. Somebody else calls it that here, robby?

I accidentally coined destructor plate earlier this year thanks to shoddy auto-correct and Robby latched onto it. :/

PENALTIES: Tony Stewart loses 6 pts, Addington docked $25k, probation until August 22.

Austin Dillon loses 6 pts, crew chief/car chief SUSPENDED til Indy. Stockman is fined another $10k.

JGR Nationwide team loses six owner points because Joey Logano's 18 car was too low after the race at Daytona. No. 18 crew chief Adam Stevens was fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Aug. 22, along with car chief Christopher Landis.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012...ty-tony-stewart-austin-dillon-2012/in/2901797

PENALTIES: Tony Stewart loses 6 pts, Addington docked $25k, probation until August 22.

Austin Dillon loses 6 pts, crew chief/car chief SUSPENDED til Indy. Stockman is fined another $10k.

JGR Nationwide team loses six owner points because Joey Logano's 18 car was too low after the race at Daytona. No. 18 crew chief Adam Stevens was fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Aug. 22, along with car chief Christopher Landis.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012...ty-tony-stewart-austin-dillon-2012/in/2901797

Pretty much what I expected.

Back
Top Bottom