Coke Zero 400 Race Thread

I told everyone anything can happen so for the people saying 16 or 17 would win, don't count your chickens before they hatch

Watch it again and watch that 24 get out of the middle of that crap with a scratch or two. Damn. :eek:

Dang, Jeff really needs to get on track and get a couple wins! Also, not a very good fantasy day for me. As for the finish, it was what it should have been. That's one of the reasons to sit through the entire race.

Watch it again and watch that 24 get out of the middle of that crap with a scratch or two. Damn. :eek:

He did a damn good job getting out of that. Came home 12th but he was involved in 3 incidents. Good job by Stewart breaking up the F••d party up front. Shame the race turned in to a wreck fest.

Tony dissed this style of racing in Victory Lane...you know dang well that he's the guy who feels he can do that.

so...what I mean is.....a lot of other drivers agree with him.

That last wreck was circumstance. Matt moved outside of Tony, but Biffle couldn't follow because Kahne was outside of him. Tony made a great move, but he owes Kasey big time for getting him to the front, then breaking up Matt and Biffle.

Yep. Hamlin and Busch were keeping Kenseth and Biffle split up. Biffle drove him to the apron, triggering the wreck. Kenseth and Biffle will finish 1-2 because of that.
How many times did you say that the 16 and 17 were going to win ?

I have to say, that was a great race.

What kind of glasses where you watching that through? Great race for your driver because he won, but seriously how can you say that was a great race?

You are probably right - I have to watch 3 replays to get it right...usually.

Actually, we're both right. After getting seperated, Matt eased off to get back with Biffle. It was the right move, but Kasey foiled the plan.

Actually, we're both right. After getting seperated, Matt eased off to get back with Biffle. It was the right move, but Kasey foiled the plan.

It looked to me like Harvick got Burton loose and he got into Kahne who then had to back off Stewart.

Kenseth pulled up in front of Kahne to make a run at Stewart and there was no room for Biffle to follow. It's not like Kahne was going to back off and lef him in as he was simply holding his line and his foot to the floor, I suspect.

After that, Kenseth and Biffle banged doors and Biffle came down on the nose of the #29 - who also wrecked.

Basically, a big wad of cars all trying to get the finish line first. That's racing :D

It looked to me like Harvick got Burton loose and he got into Kahne who then had to back off Stewart.

Kenseth pulled up in front of Kahne to make a run at Stewart and there was no room for Biffle to follow. It's not like Kahne was going to back off and lef him in as he was simply holding his line and his foot to the floor, I suspect.

After that, Kenseth and Biffle banged doors and Biffle came down on the nose of the #29 - who also wrecked.

Basically, a big wad of cars all trying to get the finish line first. That's racing :D

That's the way I see it. If you look closer, you'll see Kahne making some moves that keep Matt and Greg from blowing by Stewart. There are a bunch of great moves in that 30 seconds.

3:47 - Burton and Kahne save it big time.
3:50 - Tony dives down and seperates 17/16. Without this move, they drive away to the win.
3:57 - 17 /16 get back together, but Kahne is coming because he never let up.
4:02 - Kasey seperates the 17/16 just as they are gaining momentum to go back by Tony.
4:06 - 17/16 hook back up and get a run on Tony.
4:12 - Tony puts an easy block on 17/16. That closes the whole enough that Biffle can't follow Matt because Kasey is there.
4:14 - Greg gets alongside Matt, slowing his momentum.
4:15 - Greg gets into Matt, slowing Matt even more, but is able to turn left to avoid wrecking him.

Tony and Kasey ran a perfect 30 seconds right there. Matt and Greg did all they could do, but they got schooled.

Back
Top Bottom