College Football 2020

A new process implemented for targeting fouls review
Football referees will now stop games to immediately review when players are penalized and face ejection for targeting defenseless opponents above the shoulders or using the crown of the helmet to contact an opponent.

Targeting | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA​

umm...been a LONG time since I saw targetting called
Clemson has a key defender coming in after the half who was disqualified for targeting in their last game and their start linebacker has been ejected for targeting in back to back playoff games. Brent Venabels obviously isnt coaching his players to look at what they are tackling.

they are keeping them around ... need another TD

that should do it. But as my dad always says ...

1. never trust a kicker
2. in college FB, its really never over

Justin Fields is playing out of his mind. Lawrence is getting good experience for spending most of the next few years down several scores.

Justin Fields is playing out of his mind. Lawrence is getting good experience for spending most of the next few years down several scores.
Clemson is a strong program but I honestly dont understand the massive hype around Lawrence. The kid plays behind a massive o-line in a mediocre ACC conference and has never been consistently elite. Didn’t he have a really poor start to last season with several interceptions? Poor guy is gonna get destroyed on a lesser NFL team.

What the hell is OSU doing still looking to throw? Fields is hopped up on pain killers and the run game has been great so far.

Same thing was said about Watson when he went to the pros.

Look how he's panning out.
IMO Watson did more with a Clemson team that was starting to establish themselves. Lawrence is standing on the shoulders of giants.

Game.
Set.
Match.

Same exact play as the previous TD. Clemson has done nothing to make adjustments defensively.

Dabo better keep his mouth shut the next time.
Coach Day made a point to call out Brent Vanables’s signal stealing and it looks like Day took it personal. What a revenge tour.

Clemson is a strong program but I honestly dont understand the massive hype around Lawrence. The kid plays behind a massive o-line in a mediocre ACC conference and has never been consistently elite. Didn’t he have a really poor start to last season with several interceptions? Poor guy is gonna get destroyed on a lesser NFL team.
I think he has a lot of the right qualities, big arm, good size, good athleticism. But no question Clemson has a massive talent advantage over most of the ACC and Etienne and NFL-caliber WRs each year are a part of that. It’s gonna take some time to adjust to the NFL and get a solid core around him.

I think he has a lot of the right qualities, big arm, good size, good athleticism. But no question Clemson has a massive talent advantage over most of the ACC and Etienne and NFL-caliber WRs each year are a part of that. It’s gonna take some time to adjust to the NFL and get a solid core around him.
The mobile QB schtick doesnt really work in the NFL and from what I’ve seen of Lawrence, if he is pressured at all he misses big. He’s talented as hell but playing in an established Clemson system is gonna do more harm than good in the big league.

I wonder if this game will make the Jaguars consider Fields over Lawrence? If Fields has another game like this against Alabama, I think they’d at least have to consider it.

He'll adjust, you can say that about any other massive college program.

I like Lawrence a lot and I think he'll adjust to the NFL. Just he has to get better adjusting to NFL blitz packages, he gets very antsy under pressure at times.

I wonder if this game will make the Jaguars consider Fields over Lawrence? If Fields has another game like this against Alabama, I think they’d at least have to consider it.
I’d be surprised if Fields is starting for Bama. I think he’s benefiting from pain killers, the ability to keep loose and have some adrenaline flowing.

I’d be surprised if Fields is starting for Bama. I think he’s benefiting from pain killers, the ability to keep loose and have some adrenaline flowing.
He’s got 12 days, I hope he’s ready to go but I’m afraid you may be right.

Back
Top Bottom