College Football 2020

Turtle84

underglow
Buckeyes defense is nuts if they think they can give up that type of chunk yardage to Bama and win this thing...

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Perfectly-timed forced takeaway for the Buckeyes. Couldn’t afford to get down two scores to Alabama. We’re back on track for a shootout.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
When Sark is scheming Slade Bolden open for TDs it might be over. Even missing DeVonta Smith’s otherworldly presence isn’t enough to stop Bama.

fergy1370

Team Owner
RTR!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1610427221744.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610427221744.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8

Mispeedway15

Team Owner
Worst defense talent wise in awhile for the Buckeyes, and elite Alabama tore them up. Awful game plan hurt them quite a bit, Jones and Harris absolutely destroyed that soft zone.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Mac Jones was rated 25th of 29 enrollees in Alabama’s 2017 recruiting class, one of only five players not rated a 4* or 5*, with three of the other four being a kicker, center, and long snapper. Not a bad glow up.

DanicaFreak

Green monster
@FLRacingFan what is your opinion on what happened to the florida state and gator teams of the past. I remember them battling for the 'ship year afdter year and the tide hardly being in it.

That said, as a Canuck, when I visited the great state of AL, I noticed many people had "Roll tide" tatooed on them. Also the town shuts down on Sat.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
@FLRacingFan what is your opinion on what happened to the florida state and gator teams of the past. I remember them battling for the 'ship year afdter year and the tide hardly being in it.

That said, as a Canuck, when I visited the great state of AL, I noticed many people had "Roll tide" tatooed on them. Also the town shuts down on Sat.
There are a few reasons for each really. Saban came to Alabama a couple of years after Meyer came to Florida and was a couple of years behind schedule, but once he caught up and passed (2009) Meyer had his health episode. Depending on what you believe some personal stuff may have factored into that too. Afterwards, Muschamp has proven he’s not a solid HC and McElwain is a good G5 HC, but that’s the ceiling. Recruiting hasn’t been great either. Mullen is the best coach of the three since Meyer but recruiting is still a work in progress.

FSU mostly coincides with the rise of Clemson with Dabo and co., and Jimbo developing tension with the school or some things he didn’t feel like he was being given before ultimately leaving for A&M.

After Clemson got good the boosters at their old rival Georgia finally had enough and started putting a ton of money into the program. Other than Ohio State, no one recruits as well as consistently as Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson now and they pull from a lot of the same recruiting bases. Until someone is able to take Florida recruits back from Alabama and Georgia recruits back from UGA and Clemson the ceiling is mostly good but not great.

DanicaFreak

Green monster
There are a few reasons for each really. Saban came to Alabama a couple of years after Meyer came to Florida and was a couple of years behind schedule, but once he caught up and passed (2009) Meyer had his health episode. Depending on what you believe some personal stuff may have factored into that too. Afterwards, Muschamp has proven he’s not a solid HC and McElwain is a good G5 HC, but that’s the ceiling. Recruiting hasn’t been great either. Mullen is the best coach of the three since Meyer but recruiting is still a work in progress.

FSU mostly coincides with the rise of Clemson with Dabo and co., and Jimbo developing tension with the school or some things he didn’t feel like he was being given before ultimately leaving for A&M.

After Clemson got good the boosters at their old rival Georgia finally had enough and started putting a ton of money into the program. Other than Ohio State, no one recruits as well as consistently as Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson now and they pull from a lot of the same recruiting bases. Until someone is able to take Florida recruits back from Alabama and Georgia recruits back from UGA and Clemson the ceiling is mostly good but not great.
GREAT detailed answer. thanks so much for your addition here FLRF! :D

Top Bottom