College Football 2021

God I love college football. It’s like 3 year old thoroughbreds (Kentucky Derby), just so unpredictable
This year even more than usual. Quite possibly more chaotic than 2007 in general but with a little more stability at the very top. I think if there were ever a year a 2-loss team makes the playoff it’s this season.

I just hope Georgia don’t end up making me look like an idiot lmao.

I just wanna see a new national champion. Seeing Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson every year gets old.

Kinda amazing to me how bad Florida State and Nebraska are the past few years.

Win all of your games and you're in, Cincy Oklahoma the winner of Michigan/Michigan St, the strength of schedule is enough, run the table and you're in.

Win all of your games and you're in, Cincy Oklahoma the winner of Michigan/Michigan St, the strength of schedule is enough, run the table and you're in.

Agreed. I have a SERIOUS problem with Alabama being as highly ranked as they are. Lost to A&M, almost beaten by Florida. Highly overrated in my opinion

Alabama’s fate will be decided in Atlanta so I don’t really see the point in complaining about them. If they beat Georgia they’re in, if they don’t they’re not.

They’ll find a way to make excuses to put the Bearcats out if they win out. If anything they should hope Georgia goes undefeated.

Agreed. I have a SERIOUS problem with Alabama being as highly ranked as they are. Lost to A&M, almost beaten by Florida. Highly overrated in my opinion

I don't think Bama should be jumping over Oklahoma in the rankings, OU continues to find a way to win with an upgrade at the QB position in Caleb Williams, and Tennessee played Bama closely in Tuscaloosa where they weren't their usual juggernaut self, that part is subjective by the AP Top 25 poll.

They’ll find a way to make excuses to put the Bearcats out if they win out. If anything they should hope Georgia goes undefeated.

I don't see how when they have them sticking at #2 after somewhat struggling with a 1-5 Navy, if they drop a game then yeah I can see it.

I don't see how when they have them sticking at #2 after somewhat struggling with a 1-5 Navy, if they drop a game then yeah I can see it.

The best bet for Cinci is beating an undefeated SMU and hoping Houston wins out and they have wins over 11-1 Notre Dame, 11-1/10-2 SMU, 10-2/9-3 Houston.

The best bet for Cinci is beating an undefeated SMU and hoping Houston wins out and they have wins over 11-1 Notre Dame, 11-1/10-2 SMU, 10-2/9-3 Houston.

Just win baby! don't give the committee a chance to put their nose in it.

Don’t think they play Houston unless it’s in the AACCG. In which case SMU has at least two losses.

I think the fact that voters dropped OU but not Cincy says something though, even if it’s not committee time for another week.

I don't think it's crazy to think the committee would put in a two loss Bama team. They weren't punished at all for losing to an unranked team. I highly doubt they'll be punished for losing to the number 1 team.

I don't think it's crazy to think the committee would put in a two loss Bama team. They weren't punished at all for losing to an unranked team. I highly doubt they'll be punished for losing to the number 1 team.
AP and Coaches don’t always mesh with what the committee thinks and they haven’t put out their first rankings yet. 2019 Alabama finished behind six 2-loss teams and a pair of 3-loss teams after they lost to Auburn in the final week of the regular season. Dropped from 5 to 12 to 13 after CCGs. I think they get the benefit of the doubt after one loss but two really pushes it.

AP and Coaches don’t always mesh with what the committee thinks and they haven’t put out their first rankings yet. 2019 Alabama finished behind six 2-loss teams and a pair of 3-loss teams after they lost to Auburn in the final week of the regular season. Dropped from 5 to 12 to 13 after CCGs. I think they get the benefit of the doubt after one loss but two really pushes it.
If they lose to Auburn they won't be in, but if they lose to the undisputed number 1 I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Don’t think they play Houston unless it’s in the AACCG. In which case SMU has at least two losses.

I think the fact that voters dropped OU but not Cincy says something though, even if it’s not committee time for another week.

Hypothetically, 11-1 Notre Dame, 10-2 SMU (loss to Cincy & Houston), 11-2 Houston (loses in CCG), and 8-4 UCF along with maybe Memphis and another team getting their crap together is good enough

giphy.gif

Bama loses to a very mediocre team and drops 4 spots? They also barely beat Florida. The system is so damn rigged. Sorry Cincy. ****** joke

Actually, I thought the Aggies had a legitimate win and deserve better than to be called mediocre. They were playing backups in key positions because of injuries. Calzado is learning but at the cost of his mistakes although you would not have known it against Alabama.

I really hope Michigan State wins because I get tired of the Michigan arrogance. Lol

Yet I still can’t shake this creeping sense of dread that Ohio State will blitz through the East the final month and then blow out whoever comes from the West.

They kicked into high-gear since the Oregon loss but also haven't played much quality opponent, wouldn't be surprised if they did tho. Would prefer if someone new came out of the B1G, I think if either Michigan/MichiganSt team is going to take them down this would be the year to do it.

I’d like to see Michigan State do well. It’s Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State/Wisconsin it seems every year.

They kicked into high-gear since the Oregon loss but also haven't played much quality opponent, wouldn't be surprised if they did tho. Would prefer if someone new came out of the B1G, I think if either Michigan/MichiganSt team is going to take them down this would be the year to do it.
I’d like to see Michigan get over the hump finally. Buckeyes changed defensive play callers and had their youngest squad in two decades to start the season though, lots of growth made for certain.

1997? Many claimed national titles before that, the whole Bo Schembechler era was filled with success??

Dang the BCS national title game and Playoff system has really killed a lot of fun for college football in my opinion

Just not lately lol. Hard to believe it’s been 17 years since the Wolverines won a conference title

I feel the pain of losing to Ohio State haha. Honestly not sure what they gotta do to get over the hump of Ohio State. Harbaugh is much better than Rich Rod and Brady Hoke, haha

Back
Top Bottom