College Football 2021

Friendly reminder that UTSA went into Champaign and beat an Illinois team that now has wins both @ Penn State and @ Minnesota.

I like Wake Forrest for the memory of Brian Piccolo and the life he lived.

But I understand why the polls are not very convinced. Teams that give up 50 points a couple times a year or more are not the type to win it all.

lol.

Notre Dame, Indiana is still better than the trash OOC schedule that Alabama has.

How about Alabama run the table at 12-1 and we’ll talk.
Why you so angry? I was just stating the fact the committee selection group chose teams with tougher schedules. I could care less if Cincinnati was in top 4 or not. Just an FYI I am not an Alabama fan.

Sparty on possible upset alert courtesy of the Boilermakers

Cinci not styling' on a bad Tulsa team in their own homecoming, defensive front getting pushed around, yikes.

Why you so angry? I was just stating the fact the committee selection group chose teams with tougher schedules. I could care less if Cincinnati was in top 4 or not. Just an FYI I am not an Alabama fan.
I’m not angry. Just tired of college football politics

At the very least they need to can Todd Grantham. Not a good stretch for Florida and Mullen didn’t do very well in press conferences this week. If they don’t make a bowl it’s an interesting question as to Mullen’s job security.

Grantham was FINALLY let go today, but I think it's too little too late. I think Mullen will get another year, but this feels like the beginning of the end.

Better than last week but still puzzled at Oklahoma’s ranking.

Utah at 6-3 in the CFP ranking over Houston is egregious to me (I’m a Utah fan but let’s be fair here). As usual they’re trying to help Oregon.

To be honest Michigan has had a tougher schedule just off of a quick assumption and eye test than Alabama if we’re going by that metric.

1. Georgia
2. Oregon
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Alabama
8. Michigan State
9. Notre Dame
10. Oklahoma State

I’d probably put UTSA a bit higher at like 20-21 as well. Houston getting left out is odd too.

Weird that Alabama is ranked ahead of OSU, Michigan, Michigan State who have to play 9 conference games and only 3 OOC games.

Where does UTSA rank in strength of schedule?

How did Wake Forest do last week?

Some of you are putting way too much emphasis on record without any context of the conferences these schools play in. That being said, I'll give Coastal Carolina some credit since I was badmouthing them earlier. I watched the App State game and even though they lost, they looked like a well coached team with a legit QB.

Better than last week but still puzzled at Oklahoma’s ranking.

Utah at 6-3 in the CFP ranking over Houston is egregious to me (I’m a Utah fan but let’s be fair here). As usual they’re trying to help Oregon.

To be honest Michigan has had a tougher schedule just off of a quick assumption and eye test than Alabama if we’re going by that metric.
I think Utah beats Oregon at least once over the next few weeks but they have by far the worst strength of record in the Top 25 right now and I don’t think it’s close. Puzzling to me other than trying to set up a ranked PAC-12 game in a couple of weekends.

Lots of hemming and hawing when they try to justify their rankings, just not a lot of logical consistency to it. Weird how they go out and say “we just think Michigan is better than Michigan State” despite them playing a week and a half ago and not applying that logic to Oregon and Ohio State or a number of other situations. Admittedly, those don’t mean much right now but it is odd.

Where does UTSA rank in strength of schedule?

How did Wake Forest do last week?

Some of you are putting way too much emphasis on record without any context of the conferences these schools play in. That being said, I'll give Coastal Carolina some credit since I was badmouthing them earlier. I watched the App State game and even though they lost, they looked like a well coached team with a legit QB.
#125 in SOS, #10 in SOR per however ESPN does their analytics. Couldn’t find their résumé SP+.

My own predictions for how the final four weeks play out:

- Georgia beats A&M in the SECCG after Auburn beats Alabama in the Iron Bowl
- Oregon drops at least one game
- Cincy drops at least one game
- Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State in Stillwater and then wins a rematch the next week in Arlington
- Ohio State wins out
- Notre Dame wins out and backdoors their way into the CFP

UGA/ND and OU/OSU

1. Georgia
2. Oregon
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Alabama
8. Michigan State
9. Notre Dame
10. Oklahoma State

I’d probably put UTSA a bit higher at like 20-21 as well. Houston getting left out is odd too.

Weird that Alabama is ranked ahead of OSU, Michigan, Michigan State who have to play 9 conference games and only 3 OOC games.
Woah you really dropped Alabama.

Im not here to judge your picks. I was just saying that it was so weird not seeing Alabama much higher up.
Im not here to judge your picks. I was just saying that it was so weird not seeing Alabama much higher up.

My opinions are useless, no explanation needed because someone will just use that against me

College football has always been governed by the polls. With a beauty contest type of rating system to determine who is best with politics being one of the biggest factors.

It took them a long time to give up enough power to allow for a four team playoff. I would take as many teams as they would allow for an expanded playoff system.
16 teams would be fine by me, that would at least ensure that everything is settled on the feild.

Back
Top Bottom