COTA Echopark Automotive Texas Grand Prix Prerace Thread

Lol.

FOX left Byron after he was about to lock-up.

Sprinkles of rain are on the lense, if guys want to improve they better hurry and make another run.

I still can't figure out why double dipping was acceptable this weekend but not allowed last year. Has Pockrass or anyone addressed that?

I'm not going to drink the kool-aid on this is a good idea. I thought the truck race was decent but that was only because Todd Gilliland drove the wheels off of it to come back and win. I didnt watch the xfinity race but from what I've gathered it was a snooze fest.

I have an open mind coming into this afternoon but I dont expect much. Just like the Bristol on dirt people will watch this first race with rose colored glasses on and no matter what talk about how awesome this race is but I havent been impressed with what I've seen so far to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Disagree with that last paragraph. Dirt Bristol was awesome, made these cars race like they did in the 70s. Bias ply tires leading to real tire management, lots of bumping and the rear end constantly stepping out

How exactly does this qualifying format work? Open 30 mins, then the top 12 get a second open track to determine 1-12?

I think this race could get really good if we have at least one transition from dry/wet and let the teams make the call when to switch tires

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think this race could get really good if we have at least one transition from dry/wet and let the teams make the call when to switch tires

As long as NASCAR leaves the decision to the teams. No more of that nonsense from Daytona where they threw a yellow and told the teams to change tires.

Briscoe to the rear:

Hamlin:

Buescher as well:

This is an impound race, so changes after qualifying will result in starting at the rear of the field.

EDIT - ITS RAINING.

I think we will get a better idea who's who when qualifying is over. I think the usual suspects will be up at the front and it is going to be a hard fought win. I think the closest track to COTA would be Watkins Glen and Elliott has won that the last two years. Truex, Hamlin, and Logano the years before that.
Yep, the 2 Kyles in rows 1 and 2 is not surprising. Reddick is a little bit though.

The last time that happened NASCAR threw a caution for a rainbow rather than letting the teams make their own calls.

Don’t give em any ideas.

This is going to be the KyBu show today. Can’t believe the 9 is 1.2 seconds off the pace in qualifying.

Kudos to nascar for bringing back qualifying so Larson could get 2nd at least once this weekend 🤪

This is going to be the KyBu show today. Can’t believe the 9 is 1.2 seconds off the pace in qualifying.
To be fair, Chase and Joey had an extra lap on their tires.

Its the reason why they were the last to leave pit road. They needed to let their tires cool as long as possible.

I'm not worried about him at all. When it comes to putting lap after lap together and nailing these braking zones, he'll be up front when it matters.

To be fair, Chase and Joey had an extra lap on their tires.

Its the reason why they were the last to leave pit road. They needed to let their tires cool as long as possible.
I wasn’t able to watch quali so I wondered if there was an issue that popped up, or if the 9 is just disappointingly slow.

Larson was fun to watch in Daytona on the road course until he took himself and Elliott out. Heres hoping today he gets better results

Larson was fun to watch in Daytona on the road course until he took himself and Elliott out. Heres hoping today he gets better results

Dirt car racing actually translates really well to road course racing skill wise, which is why they’ve always done the best at the cup level.

I'm pumped for this race. Ever since Tony Stewart retired, I had a hard time picking a new favorite driver. I figured since I was a Tony Stewart fan that I should choose a SHR driver, but they where all past their prime. I settled for Briscoe & McDowell. Always love seeing underdogs do well.

Back
Top Bottom