Cup Championship RACE thread --- Phoenix

You pass Logano the last part of the last stage, you are doing something
Yep. Didn’t dump or even move him. Rode his a$$ down the straight and pulled left, said “see ya!” People can wail against the playoff format and that’s a legit complaint. It’s not like a winless Newman won title. Chase won 5 races plus the All Star this year, and he would have won under points based on all prior Chase formats. Hate away everyone. We Elliot fans don’t care. In the end, The Closer... couldn’t close. Chase showed some real onions when backed into a do or die corner.

1604878893793.png
1604879211654.png

Dads trophy and son Chases. The outlines of the tracks design is cool.

what is the appeal of Chase Elliott for his fanbase?
He is a good clean kid that has showed a lot of respect for others and comes from a good family and is proving he is a good racecar driver like his dad was. One of the big things I like about Chase is that he is not a little smart ass-s like so many other young men are in this Country in this day and age. I give his mom and dad a lot of the credit because I think they did and awesome job of bringing him up in the racing community and I know from first hand experience that is not always an easy task.

This is a complete face of a racing series. The last several years, only three top 4 in the championship finish in the top 4? NASCAR is as fake as the NFL, the NBA, and the MLB. I’m completely done with nascar. By
Lol who even are you? Byeeeee

GREAT RACE run by Chase and his team. My favorite driver wins the championship racing with skill and maturity beyond his young age. Very proud of how he has progressed into a top driver in our sport.
Sound the siren Dawsonville,

First saw Chase at Dover in 2013, liked him from that very moment, thought he had somehow about him (had like two speeding penalties and still finished 4th) Gutted that Brad couldn’t pull it off but Chase getting it done is just as good.
Hope that siren goes off all f***ing night long

That adds even more legitimacy as the 22 car was at least the equal of the 9 car.

I swear I believe I heard that sireen way up here in Yankeeland!
oh yeah the Penske's showed up and when they are on it takes a whole lot to beat them. The 9 team ran a flawless race. I really think it helped that the pits didn't have to make any tough calls, I don't think that is Alan's strong suit.

Chase is "thinking about all the hard work to get here."
Seriously? These guys love racing.
I loved working on race cars and driving the haulers half of my life but that didn't make the work any less hard or stressful.

I missed the race. I was a massive Bill Elliott fan. Now I am a massive Chase Elliott fan. It don’t get any better than this.

Lol... champ victory lane hats already sold out at nascar shop/fanatics.com. Oh well, wait for second run I guess!

Greg Ives is going to have to do some home work on some of his setups over the winter if the 48 is going to have a legit run for the 2021 championship. The 88 car has came out of the pits to many times this year and the lap times would be slower then when they went in and the car would fall back. It still had the same driver just a different setup.

Phoenix is cool and all but those Homestead sunsets were unbeatable and there seems to be more electricity at the night time championship celebrations.

Phoenix is cool and all but those Homestead sunsets were unbeatable and there seems to be more electricity at the night time championship celebrations.
I think the lack of that this year was due to covid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chase showed some real onions when backed into a do or die corner.
He really did.. I've had a grudge against Chase since what happened between him and Logano at Bristol earlier this season and coming into this race I didnt think he deserved to win the title.. I was of the "you have to lose one to win one" mentality and I just didnt think he would/should be able to get it done.. but he went out there two weeks in a row and stepped up when it really mattered and that (in my opinion) is what really makes a champion.. kudos to Chase and all his fans.. he earned my respect today

One of the big things I like about Chase is that he is not a little smart ass-s like so many other young men are in this Country in this day and age.
I reckon any kid growing up in Dawsonville with that kinda attitude gets dealt with the old fashioned way. Blue collar towns build men, not boys.

He really did.. I've had a grudge against Chase since what happened between him and Logano at Bristol earlier this season and coming into this race I didnt think he deserved to win the title.. I was of the "you have to lose one to win one" mentality and I just didnt think he would/should be able to get it done.. but he went out there two weeks in a row and stepped up when it really mattered and that (in my opinion) is what really makes a champion.. kudos to Chase and all his fans.. he earned my respect today
Toward the end of the race I was thinking about that adage and hoping I wouldn't have to hear it from the booth if something happened and Chase didn't win. I also appreciate your acknowledgement of what the 9 team accomplished these last two weeks.

Yep. Didn’t dump or even move him. Rode his a$$ down the straight and pulled left, said “see ya!” People can wail against the playoff format and that’s a legit complaint. It’s not like a winless Newman won title. Chase won 5 races plus the All Star this year, and he would have won under points based on all prior Chase formats. Hate away everyone. We Elliot fans don’t care. In the end, The Closer... couldn’t close. Chase showed some real onions when backed into a do or die corner.
Harvick was never the closer, imo. Sneaky, but not the closer.

Didn't move him, but he used his bumper. To me it looked like he drove him into turn 3 though and messed up Joey's entry because he was on his bumpee. He was faster, and I think he could have gotten around him.. would have liked to see him work the track and his line a bit more. Racing though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very well said. I’m “old school” like that as well when it comes to the whole “lose one before you win one” adage. I’d argue that Chase crossed that threshold with those painful years of second place finishes to even break through, then losing chances at final 4 with the whole Denny dumping him at Martinsville followed by finishing second to Kenseth at Phoenix. While I’d call this title a fluke if it were a driver I hated, the stats back it up as strong. 5 wins, incredible in the clutch during playoffs... I’m giddy.

That post-race interview with his family while Chase was smokin em up over his shoulder was kinda sad.
It was cool. He's done that 7 times more than 95% of drivers.

Very well said. I’m “old school” like that as well when it comes to the whole “lose one before you win one” adage. I’d argue that Chase crossed that threshold with those painful years of second place finishes to even break through, then losing chances at final 4 with the whole Denny dumping him at Martinsville followed by finishing second to Kenseth at Phoenix. While I’d call this title a fluke if it were a driver I hated, the stats back it up as strong. 5 wins, incredible in the clutch during playoffs... I’m giddy.
Nah, not flukey at all.

Wins in every Chase format

Alan Gustafson pretty up front about why they failed pre race tech. Wish that NASCAR would say why teams failed versus just leaving “cheater” cloud...

Reactions: Pat
Anxiously awaiting Pockrass “tech complete, all clear” tweet so I can breathe.

....Didn't move him, but he used his bumper. To me it looked like he drove him into turn 3 though and messed up Joey's entry because he was on his bumpee. He was faster, and I think he could have gotten around him.. would have liked to see him work the track and his line a bit more. Racing though.

Race them the way the way they race you, and I think Joey got off easy or gentle with that pass.

Back
Top Bottom