Cup Championship RACE thread --- Phoenix

That was cold. Now I will be sad the rest of the day...or at least until I have breakfast which I am about to finish. :) :cool:
I know what you mean about missing trucking and the job. I didn't think I would but I was wrong. I still follow a couple of guys on YouTube and it has been 9 years away from it.

I just can't believe how many stars aligned for Chase, it's almost poetic.

Obviously the 1988 stuff.

There's a lot of parallels with Jimmie here too.

Jimmie's retirement season, Chase wins as a teammate.

The last time an HMS car went to the final 4, he started from the rear and won his last title. Chase did the same, and won his first.

The only two HMS drivers to make the final 4 needed to win their way in, and did so at Martinsville.

Chase's first season ended with his teammates last Championship. And his last season ended with Chase's first Championship.

The last HMS Champion won his first title in season 5. Chase wins his first in season 5.

The world is on fire. The US is on fire. And ridiculous coincidences occur. If we lived in Star Wars...this is the will of the force lolol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Also the last time the LA Dodgers and LA Lakers won a championship was......1988

I know what you mean about missing trucking and the job. I didn't think I would but I was wrong. I still follow a couple of guys on YouTube and it has been 9 years away from it.
You may have already seen this one on You Tube... but if not, enjoy. :)

Also the last time the LA Dodgers and LA Lakers won a championship was......1988

Well, since you mentioned the Dodgers (of which I have been a fan of since 1976) I guess we can say that much like Kirk Gibson in 1988, Chase hit a couple of walk off home runs........

You may have already seen this one on You Tube... but if not, enjoy. :)

yeah I'm subbed to that one. He has really slowed down on his posting lately. Indiana Jack was another good one. He came off the road though and has pretty much quit posting but his channel is still up and the content is really good. Provost motorsports Trucking is pretty good, JBG travels is almost daily posting.

I remember the days when the kid from Dawsonville was called a flash in the pan.

I remember the days when the kid from Dawsonville was called a flash in the pan.
Ditto.

He also has a better complexion than Eric Jones, as per your numerous postings.

F54BCAC2-B4D1-475D-98AA-CA69376C42B4.jpeg

DBC is glorious this week. TJ is SALTY about Chase and keeps dropping insinuations that it was fixed. Freddie Kraft said "when we saw he failed tech we said 'oh crap' because we knew they came loaded for bear." Brett responded "yep, channeling our buddy Cole Pearn and the putting 3 obvious illegal things to get caught so the other 6 get by."

DBC is glorious this week. TJ is SALTY about Chase and keeps dropping insinuations that it was fixed. Freddie Kraft said "when we saw he failed tech we said 'oh crap' because we knew they came loaded for bear." Brett responded "yep, channeling our buddy Cole Pearn and the putting 3 obvious illegal things to get caught so the other 6 get by."

Im hoping to catch this episode a little later. Guess TJ might be a bit upset they got beat?

Normally TJ and Freddie seem to be the most rational guys on the show each week. I’m not surprised to read that quote from Bret... he likes to say a lot of hot takes like the one you quoted... then one has to remember he spots for a guy that spun out on purpose to manipulate the infamous Richmond race. And he’s still very sensitive over that, acts like it was no big deal.

I do think they should be careful using their platform(DBC) to insinuate such ideas though. It’s one thing for us fans to go back and fourth over, but I’m a little surprised to hear that they step on those areas in the new episode

Looks like to me Chase just opened a can of kick ass on the other 3 opponents.

I would have liked to see the other drivers on the track race harder, thats the only issue I have from the race... but make no mistake Chase flat brung it at Phoenix

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
Im hoping to catch this episode a little later. Guess TJ might be a bit upset they got beat?

Normally TJ and Freddie seem to be the most rational guys on the show each week. I’m not surprised to read that quote from Bret... he likes to say a lot of hot takes like the one you quoted... then one has to remember he spots for a guy that spun out on purpose to manipulate the infamous Richmond race. And he’s still very sensitive over that, acts like it was no big deal.

I do think they should be careful using their platform(DBC) to insinuate such ideas though. It’s one thing for us fans to go back and fourth over, but I’m a little surprised to hear that they step on those areas in the new episode
Freddie is with TJ on the anti-Chase train. I honestly can't tell any more if TJ is playing a troll role for the laughs or if he's really that bitter. He also dropped some quips that were bitter towards spotting for Dale Jr.

Brett said that Phoenix was a bad title race track because you couldn't pass, and that the 9 was the only car that could pass anyone.

Freddie is with TJ on the anti-Chase train. I honestly can't tell any more if TJ is playing a troll role for the laughs or if he's really that bitter. He also dropped some quips that were bitter towards spotting for Dale Jr.

Brett said that Phoenix was a bad title race track because you couldn't pass, and that the 9 was the only car that could pass anyone.

Wow, I’m very interested to get to this show and listen to how it comes off!

Maybe TJ is just still in the moment of loosing that race lol... hopefully that’s what is going on.

I do think you made a good point about the possibility of ‘playing troll’... They sometimes have taken the ‘opposite narrative’ which gains a lot of steam from social media and then I’ve noticed they take a hard stance against it the next week on their show. It could be to troll and get the fans stirred up. I’ve caught that a couple times.

But the dale jr thing... yikes. I’d hope he wouldn’t take any shots there.

I do think they have to be easy with what they rant about, because surely nascar cares what they talk about to an extent, since they have a large fanbase.

I do think taking shots at Chase and the point system at this moment is a little harsh. Dont take away from Elliotts moment to shine

Boo hoo hoo. If the other three finalists DIDN'T come loaded for bear (which I highly doubt) who's fault is that? TJ may be a great spotter, but I couldn't stand his BS when he spotted for Jr, and his disposition has only gotten worse since. I can't take more than a few minutes of their show at a time. Perhaps he should take a cue from Team Penske and be classy is defeat. As for Brett, he's probably just pissed that Chase has exceeded his guy's whole career in five years.

For one specific example, when they brought up the Xfinity fast lap of the race coming up TJ muttered "gee, wonder who that'll be." When Brett did the read later and said it was Chase, TJ deadpanned in the background "on 40 laps tires in traffic, but whatever."

The Dale Jr shot was during a segment where they were talking about crappy spotters and how hard some drivers could be. Brett talked about how Michael Waltrip would wear your butt out on the radio, and TJ responded that spotting for Dale Jr during the COT days was the worst because of how much he whined and fussed at the spotter.

They teed one up for TJ with a "what was the maddest you'd been about being wrecked" bit, but he simply said "let me think about it" and never answered.

Looks like to me Chase just opened a can of kick ass on the other 3 opponents.
Chase got lucky, Brad's pit crew celebrated all night for Cindric's championship and couldn't get it together for the big one.

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
TJ needs to keep in mind that without Jr, nobody ever would have known (or cared) who the hell he is.
I don't want to mischaracterize what he said, so listen for yourself (if for no other reason than to enjoy the salt) and see if it was malicious. There may have been some inside joking there in that, making the podcast, THEY WORK FOR JR.

Seriously. They said that the only passing at Phoenix was on restarts and that the only groove was in the PJ1.
BS. How do you explain Brad and JJ making up poor pit stops?? They raced through the field.

Chase got lucky, Brad's pit crew celebrated all night for Cindric's championship and couldn't get it together for the big one.
It’s a team sport. Chase and that #9 team put themselves in position to win and took advantage of misfortune by another team that was not as prepared. It could have been any driver in Chase’s position but it wasn’t.

With all respect, Brads team may have been off and combined with making errors, but Brads car didn’t look as fast as his three competitors

With all respect, Brads team may have been off and combined with making errors, but Brads car didn’t look as fast as his three competitors
Is that why he won the second stage, finished second overall and was catching Chase in the final laps?????? He had a long run car and lost positions on every pit stop.

Is that why he won the second stage, finished second overall and was catching Chase in the final laps?????? He had a long run car and lost positions on every pit stop.

They were top 4 together most of the race, no one to hold them back... third stage Brad was MIA against 9 and 22

They were top 4 together most of the race, no one to hold them back... third stage Brad was MIA against 9 and 22
The race I watched they didn't bother to say any cars that were in the mix. They just showed time and again the racing order of the 4. Example: Brad was shown in 4th place of the four and yet he lost many positions in the pits and raced his way back to the front.
MIA ? missing in action? How come he passed Joey for second place and was faster the Chase at the end?

Back
Top Bottom