Cup RACE thread --- 500 at Daytona

What was the point of the 84 taking 2 tires last stop if they're taking 4 tires now?

Jimmie has lost over 50 spots, legitimately, today with a car that may be good enough to win.
Probably just changed lefts for the last time.

With how bad the coverage is today: Let me remind you that NASCAR has all the leverage in negotiations for the new TV deal, Fox's execs have stated they want and need NASCAR. ESPN wants back in, and the big tech firms want more live sports properties on their streamers.

They can easily give Fox Sports an ultimatum, either fix your broadcast quality to keep our fans happy and present our sport better or we will sign our TV deal elsewhere

With how bad the coverage is today: Let me remind you that NASCAR has all the leverage in negotiations for the new TV deal, Fox's execs have stated they want and need NASCAR. ESPN wants back in, and the big tech firms want more live sports properties on their streamers.

They can easily give Fox Sports an ultimatum, either fix your broadcast quality to keep our fans happy and present our sport better or we will sign our TV deal elsewhere
Don’t know about ESPN anymore, Disney is tightening the belts right now and laying off thousands.

I'm just glad all of you have been able to agree on something. That's progress

I always find it funny when the guys pick "who to watch" no one ever picks the same driver.

With that, they probably get less money. Or sucks and I hate it also, but the money they get I’m sure plays apart in how many commercials they are. Gotta make the money up some how.

With that, they probably get less money. Or sucks and I hate it also, but the money they get I’m sure plays apart in how many commercials they are. Gotta make the money up some how.
They’ve broken me. I’d pay for a commercial free streaming alternative

Weren’t people complaining about ESPN before they left last time?

Let’s give CBS a shot, I guess.
Sadly thats a no go, unless something changed, when CBS signed the SRX tv deal , they stated they had no interest in NASCAR .

Keselowski to spotter- "This is the part of the race where Chris(Buescher) and I have to find each other."

This place is a lot less negative than places like Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.

I don’t watch as much NASCAR as I used to but the fanbase has gotten overwhelmingly negative.
Every other comment in the race thread on Reddit is complaining about the commercials .

INDYCAR essentially did just that IIRC.

ESPN outbid NBC and offered to put 10+ races on ABC. INDYCAR went with NBC in spite of that, and in spite of the “INDY 500 on ABC” tradition.

NASCAR should do the same thing here.

And not having NBCSN doesn’t matter. USA will be sports-centric. And NBC will probably end up owning TNT and TBS in a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom