Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

What did they accomplish with the new rules except to slow the cars down? I don't see the improvement

That track looks like they cut the weeds on an abandoned parking lot, then put a wall around it.

I'm probably the only one who can't wait for the repave.

When will everybody realize it wasn’t never Johnson it was the era and chad! If he was such a good driver and GOD like y’all think, he would be doing way better than he has over the past years.. ITS NOT HIM , he is just another driver out there . Been saying this for years

To be fair, the 2019 package isn't one static thing, and is trying to be tailored to different tracks.

That said, the chest thumping about how great this is after most of a race is based on an underlying dissatisfaction with last year's product. Some of us weren't dissatisfied.

I think last year's race rated well. I'll have to go back back and check but I believe it might have been Top 10 overall. The weather last year made for an interesting twist. There were times when it was raining within 500 yards of the track.

When DW talks, it's like the teacher from the peanuts. whawwhaw whaw whaw whaw....

Love seeing little fans in the stands. Some of my fondest memories are going to races with family.

Oh to be young again. I miss the nights my dad would say "Get in the car, we're going somewhere" and then he'd take us to Charlotte County Speedway. Or the weekend trips when me and my dad would camp out at Metro-Dade.

To be fair, the 2019 package isn't one static thing, and is trying to be tailored to different tracks.

That said, the chest thumping about how great this is after most of a race is based on an underlying dissatisfaction with last year's product. Some of us weren't dissatisfied.

I've always been content with races at so-called "boring" tracks.

That said, I've enjoyed the bizarre restarts today.

They will? Tell me what will happen? Between a worn out track and one with more grip.
The only evidence is from the practice sessions which hinted at a more difficult ability to pass, but the cars were able to run closer together.

Nobody knows what it’s like under full race conditions.

To say the package used today and next week are basically the same is woefully misinformed.

Back
Top Bottom