Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

When's the last time the 18 lead the most laps in a cup race?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tire preservation.

Not everyone can be as consistent as he has been.
Drivers have been taking the bottom lane in the turns long before Harvick was even holding a wheel. He might be good at tire preservation but it hasn’t served him wonderfully well at Atlanta. I just think it’s a dumb moniker.

The last third of the last two runs, the 5 has monstrous long run speed.

Like almost everywhere, the 5 is still destroying the field once tirewear comes into effect. But unlike the other races, short run grip seems to be a major issue. Hard to see them becoming a factor without some bit of track position luck.

48 looks stout. 18 is dominant early in the run. Can't see anyone touching Kyle Busch right now unless things change, or the 5 manages to fix that short run speed.

Looks to be Mr. Busch's race to lose.

Drivers have been taking the bottom lane in the turns long before Harvick was even holding a wheel. He might be good at tire preservation but it hasn’t served him wonderfully well at Atlanta. I just think it’s a dumb moniker.
It's hard to mimic.

The "Larson line" is even historically less successful, but it sticks.

5 looks fast.

48 looks killer. Too bad bout the vibration.

18 fading.

It excites me to see Kurt leading not only for the reason that we don't see him up there enough, but also

Truex has been MIA lately. Maybe he's thinking about becoming an announcer.

The rain that's headed towards the track is very light and shouldn't last more than a few minutes. It shouldn't be heavy enough to soak the track and end the race.

Back
Top Bottom