Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

He literally was praising 670 HP races at Las Vegas & Fontana, I’m not even sure what you were arguing about or what point you were making.

And thank god I don’t show up to races that need more people in the stands? You need to do better than that.
He? You were responding to my post so who is he? Stands looked ok to me, about 20,000 more then last year on the old track.

This also. Last year's Martinsville had around 1.5 million less viewers than this years Atlanta. So on the one hand some fans really like Martinsville and other short tracks, but they aren't bringing in the money and the viewers. No panic, they aren't going anywhere, but Atlanta was the only race so far to show an increase this year in viewers so far in comparison.

View attachment 62293
Last year’s Covid race? Good comparison 👍🏻

He? You were responding to my post so who is he? Stands looked ok to me, about 20,000 more then last year on the old track.

No such thing as fact based in this case. Whether a race was good or not is always subjective.

I guess this once again comes down to the discussion that had been going on and on during the 550 years. We all have different opinions on what makes a good race. I haven't seen nearly as many races as you have but in the last few years between the high hp and the high df stuff I found the racing with more horsepower and less downforce more entertaining.

Finally, some act like the pro-hp people on here are just deathbedders who whine about everything NASCAR does. That is clearly not the case. The races at Fontana and Vegas were fantastic IMO and also received praise from many others on this site.
“Having closer racing with more lead changes and Teams like Trackhouse and Petty GMS run up front on a consistent basis and have several chances to win is not subjective.”

We weren’t arguing whether Las Vegas or Fontana wasn’t good races. Trackhouse & Petty GMS didn’t need a 510 28° banking race to prove they can run up front on a consistent basis.

I honestly find it pretty off putting some of the stuff that Marcus Smith as a promoter of many SMI races said this week was pretty off putting whether it’s true or not about NASCAR. I also wonder what people will think of Talladega & Daytona feeling a little less special personally.

“Having closer racing with more lead changes and Teams like Trackhouse and Petty GMS run up front on a consistent basis and have several chances to win is not subjective.”

We weren’t arguing whether Las Vegas or Fontana wasn’t good races. Trackhouse & Petty GMS didn’t need a 510 28° banking race to prove they can run up front on a consistent basis.

I honestly find it pretty off putting some of the stuff that Marcus Smith as a promoter of many SMI races said this week was pretty off putting whether it’s true or not about NASCAR. I also wonder what people will think of Talladega & Daytona feeling a little less special personally.
I dont know what Marcus said.

I dont know what Marcus said.

Something about it being sPorTs EnTerTaiNmENT. No doubt it is but I’ve literally heard the word entertainment all weekend that I’ve had a headache for days. Barely any mention of Byron leading 111 laps from anyone or any journalists.

Something about it being sPorTs EnTerTaiNmENT. No doubt it is but I’ve literally heard the word entertainment all weekend that I’ve had a headache for days. Barely any mention of Byron leading 111 laps from anyone or any journalists.
Are sports not entertainment? I remember a while back when a bunch of posters on here got their panties in a wad because some of the drivers called it the race "the show" which divers and crew members called it since the beginning of the series.

Are sports not entertainment? I remember a while back when a bunch of posters on here got their panties in a wad because some of the drivers called it the race "the show" which divers and crew members called it since the beginning of the series.

Sure, as long as that entertainment isn’t rigged.

1648055760246.png

NASCAR after they fully embrace the Sports Entertainment Model and turn every track on the schedule into Daytona/Atlanta/Talladega. I seriously cant wait how it races at Martinsville or even better yet......the Roval in Charlotte!

View attachment 62296
NASCAR after they fully embrace the Sports Entertainment Model and turn every track on the schedule into Daytona/Atlanta/Talladega. I seriously cant wait how it races at Martinsville or even better yet......the Roval in Charlotte!
Tell ya what though, anybody that thinks that racing isn't for entertainment value has missed the boat a really long time ago. Plenty of other series to follow if you don't like this one.

well, I thought it was pretty golden your concern for how Atlanta would affect the other two restrictor plate tracks while doing your best to dish this one lol.

Because Daytona & Talladega have had many ****** injuries since 1987 or longer. It’s been tradition to accept those races for what they are. Not everyone wanted Atlanta to be reconfigured. Having only 4 races a year made those races special in their own right. Believe it or not some people actually have made an effort to show up to the track with their money.

View attachment 62303
Thing is they dont need too. Atlanta obviously needed help and Texas did too. SMI did a great job with the Roval, another success story just like Atlanta. You dont think those smith boys got to be Billionaires by being dumb now did you?

I also wonder what people will think of Talladega & Daytona feeling a little less special personally.

I feel exactly the same way about Daytona and Talladega now as I did ten days ago. They still suck like turd-scavenging catfish in a septic tank.

Because Daytona & Talladega have had many ****** injuries since 1987 or longer. It’s been tradition to accept those races for what they are. Not everyone wanted Atlanta to be reconfigured. Having only 4 races a year made those races special in their own right. Believe it or not some people actually have made an effort to show up to the track with their money.
I've seen brutal wrecks with injuries at Atlanta (pre redo) Charlotte, Martinsville, Darlington, Texas etc.... A lot less injuries now due to the safety equipment, track walls etc...

I've seen brutal wrecks with injuries at Atlanta (pre redo) Charlotte, Martinsville, Darlington, Texas etc.... A lot less injuries now due to the safety equipment, track walls etc...

Sure, what injuries recently have happened at Atlanta in the last 15 years?

We have a lot of members that have the solution to that MORE HP!!!

ooh you are gonna put time limits on it? Give me the injury list post Dale Earnhardt Sr at Daytona and Talladega

Well you kinda brought up safety equipment & track walls.

Kyle Busch
Ryan Newman
Eric McClure
Kyle Larson’s crash
7 fans injured at Talladega in 2009

I’m sure I’m forgetting.

Yeah a lot of people were comfortable gathering in large groups…😂
Let me splain something to ya for the thousandth time. I don't have a thing against Martinsville, but when a bunch of yeah whos are saying nobody likes super speedway racing, short tracks are only where it is at. It's B.S... For THEM, but not the majority of fans.

You'll get there haha, this place will probably help
actually..... I was enjoying a nice lunch watching you all go all it. I should have spent my brief respite from work elsewhere! I cant believe you all are still arguing about this... the dedication to get one's point across alone is going to put me on meds. I will say in all seriousness that I didnt enjoy the race Sunday. Whatever I said my piece in real time on Sunday and moved on. May have made a few snarky comments or 4. The thing is just because I didnt enjoy it, maybe someone else did and it seemed like you did. Thats great, no amount of my dislike is going to change that Sunday happened and its going to happen again at Atlanta for the very very foreseeable future. Not my cup of tea but hey its another race week. Onto COTA, which I am very very amped up for. Other than that, everyone carry on I have a few minutes left. I want to see some haymakers.

Kyle Busch
Ryan Newman
Eric McClure
Kyle Larson’s crash

I’m sure I’m forgetting.
Wait a minute. Now you are safety Sam, when a moment ago you were saying Daytona and Talledaga were special :idunno:what is this, some kind of love hate thing?

actually..... I was enjoying a nice lunch watching you all go all it. I should have spent my brief respite from work elsewhere! I cant believe you all are still arguing about this... the dedication to get one's point across alone is going to put me on meds. I will say in all seriousness that I didnt enjoy the race Sunday. Whatever I said my piece in real time on Sunday and moved on. May have made a few snarky comments or 4. The thing is just because I didnt enjoy it, maybe someone else did and it seemed like you did. Thats great, no amount of my dislike is going to change that Sunday happened and its going to happen again at Atlanta for the very very foreseeable future. Not my cup of tea but hey its another race week. Onto COTA, which I am very very amped up for. Other than that, everyone carry on I have a few minutes left. I want to see some haymakers.
Like a line from a book I read that said, "it seems like Queer chaps idea of fun"

Wait a minute. Now you are safety Sam, when a moment ago you were saying Daytona and Talledaga were special :idunno:what is this, some kind of love hate thing?

You’re missing the point. Daytona & Talladega was changed to plate racing because of injuries and often times injuries still do happen there. What injuries have sparked a change to the 28° of banking (510 racing) at Atlanta?

Also you need to go back and find the post where any of us said the non-RF fans didn’t like Superspeedway racing.

Kyle Busch
Ryan Newman
Eric McClure
Kyle Larson’s crash

I’m sure I’m forgetting.
McClure? He wasnt racing when he died. Come on man. I know you want to stack the deck but damn. Kyle Larson wasnt hurt.

Thing is they dont need too. Atlanta obviously needed help and Texas did too. SMI did a great job with the Roval, another success story just like Atlanta. You dont think those smith boys got to be Billionaires by being dumb now did you?
well no thats obviously a given those fellas are smart. I dunno I just caution that for all the slam dunking on how Atlanta was a success and again I'm glad for you and everyone involved it is, what happens if this reconfigure at Atlanta turns out to be a dud? It's only one race, what if 10 years from now the place is struggling to fill up? Maybe its a dystopian future Im painting but I'd still be cautious a bit. In my time of being a fan there were innovations that were thought to be a great idea that people got tired of ( The All Star race being one. The polarizing playoffs: you cant find a consensus on that and the COT while super safe and a great great innovation that saved people's lives I do remember people bitching about the looks of it.) For me personally I'm going to see how it plays out with Atlanta before I declare it an absolute slam dunk success. I think Sunday was a huge positive first step.

McClure? He wasnt racing when he died. Come on man. I know you want to stack the deck but damn. Kyle Larson wasnt hurt.

Yeah, knowing your point of view of what I think you’ll think I cheered for injuries.

Fans were injured during that wreck. Notice I didn’t say deaths, I said injuries.

Well ya wish some of the knuckleheads trashing Nascar's super speedway setups screaming for more speed would at least pay attention to how dangerous it is. But nope, every Super race same ol sheet different day.

Back
Top Bottom