Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

I would like to see the both of ya in the garage trying to swap out a tapered spacer with a restrictor plate and time how long it takes them to run your asses out of the garage :biggrin: :dunce:
LOL.
The original comment had nothing to do whatsoever with the semantics about how they still restrict airflow on the superspeedways.
The point was that restrictor plates were implemented, and still in use today, in spite of driver safety.

He knows.
I know you and your buddy continue to call the tapered spacer a plate. Nobody is argueing their purpose. It's like you two are saying a Corvette and a dump truck are the same thing because they both drive on the road. lol

I know you and your buddy continue to call the tapered spacer a plate. Nobody is argueing their purpose. It's like you two are saying a Corvette and a dump truck are the same thing because they both drive on the road. lol
That comparison is so far off it's ridiculous.
It's like you're saying a blue '65 C-10 and a red '66 C-10 are worlds apart because they look different and have a different name.

That comparison is so far off it's ridiculous.
It's like you're saying a blue '65 C-10 and a red '66 C-10 are worlds apart because they look different and have a different name.
Maybe both of you Einsteins can be able to figure out the difference between a tapered spacer and a plate. It's your last chance. Ya can't read about it, a picture didn't work so here is a video

Maybe both of you Einsteins can be able to figure out the difference between a tapered spacer and a plate. It's your last chance. Ya can't read about it, a picture didn't work so here is a video

If you find a video with a 6" hole drilled in the bottom vs your magical venturi effect, you will see that it is still restricted.

If you find a video with a 6" hole drilled in the bottom vs your magical venturi effect, you will see that it is still restricted.
. You said way back when that a plate is the same as a tapered spacer. They are not the same. Yeah for the hundredth time they both restrict the flow of air..that question has been answered a hundred times. The tapered spacer does it more efficiently over a longer power band then straight holes drilled in a plate of metal.

. You said way back when that a plate is the same as a tapered spacer. They are not the same. Yeah for the hundredth time they both restrict the flow of air..that question has been answered a hundred times. The tapered spacer does it more efficiently over a longer power band then straight holes drilled in a plate of metal.
OMG
You are about to enter pushrod land.
Whatever dude.
The "tapered spacer" is a restriction device implemented originally as a "restrictor plate" as a means to lower hp, speeds and keep cars out of the stands at Daytona and Talladega and now Atlanta.
For the second time the means of restriction wasn't even the point of my original comment.
FFS!
LOL

I never called the spacer a plate.
You still haven’t answered the question.

Very good read.
When the tapered spacer was first introduced, I personally had high hopes that the plate races would be "racier".
It dawned on me at about lap 20 that the venturi effect wasn't going to overcome the restriction at full song.
All this is coming from someone who enjoys the 4 plate races. (just not 'The Big One")
I pretty much loved Atlanta, -Blaney's CRAP luck, but the venturi effect once again did not allow drivers to pass unassisted BECAUSE IT'S STILL A RESTRICTOR PLATE. LOL

Back
Top Bottom