Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Tbh. Should be on an actual dirt track not a “we just threw dirt down on this track” track

I thought the Bristol Dirt setup was fine. I think NASCAR listens to the wrong people. Ratings and attendance was better than Bristol Spring 2019.

That Chase fan they showed was so relatable
Last 1.5 years have felt like the later days of Burton’s career for me. Zero coverage, driver is zero threat, and when he is they find a way to shoot thenselves in the… foot. Yeah, foot.

I repeat, if the yellow is out and then pit road is closed with two to go, just end the stage. Don't go green with one or two to go.

Fox needs to double what Hendrick is paying Gordon and put him back in the booth.
Better than Clint but man, his Chase Elliott bias was obnoxious as hell.

Not as bad as that time USA basically commentated the entire race from the Dawsonville Pool Room though.

Cat update! She’s made her way over from the couch…but is still unimpressed with the racing.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
I really disliked Rut at the track but like his out on the town segments.
I disliked most of what Rut was assigned to cover, the 'track lifestyle' nonsense. I don't like goober interviews and grilling highlights regardless of who's doing it. When he was given a decent assignment, like a driver interview, he was quite good.

That be the one I’m referring to.

That was NBC/USA’s worst broadcast by a southern mile. It was a VERY bad look, especially since Elliott won as predicted all race by the booth.

Wasn’t there also a race in 2020 where they kept showing people at the Pool Hall too? Seemed weird that NBC was openly celebrating people gathering indoors at the height of the pandemic.

I love that they're there, like the guys parking cars or selling hot dogs, but I don't want to see them either.
The parking lot attendants and the hotdog vendors are taking money from the track, mom and pop bringing the kiddos is money in. Joe Biden says Come on man! ;)

I really disliked Rut at the track but like his out on the town segments.
I liked Rut A LOT more at NBC than when he was on SPEED.

Those segments were fine, and some of the ones at the track showcasing the experience were good too.

The Dawsonville Pool Room deal was terrible, mainly because NBC made the entire broadcast about Chase Elliott. But I get the logic, Chase Elliott is NASCAR right now and it was proven in the ratings last year.

Wasn’t there also a race in 2020 where they kept showing people at the Pool Hall too? Seemed weird that NBC was openly celebrating people gathering indoors at the height of the pandemic.
If it was the championship race, I didn’t watch.

I watch football in the fall until the Jaguars piss me off.

Back
Top Bottom