Cup RACE thread --- Bristol, Rd. 2

No driver deserves anything but Matty D for sure showed us tonight why he should he be in a Cup car.
Most guys in Cup are hired based on perceived performance in the lower series’. Matt shows why he deserves a better ride while driving in the Cup Series.
Where did the HMS phenoms finish tonight?

Most guys in Cup are hired based on perceived performance in the lower series’. Matt shows why he deserves a better ride while driving in the Cup Series.
Where did the HMS phenoms finish tonight?
Right, I mean, one could say that left over JGR equipment is better than pretty much all of the have nots, but it still takes the talent to do something with it, and he showed that talent tonight .

So I just got back from the Track to my hotel..sorry i went missing but the WiFi at the track is super weak and it drained my battery trying to post. Some thoughts:
1.) I had an amazing time. We sat in the Petty Grandstand Section A Row 2. Bowyer spun in front of us, Almirola had his problems and Logano/Bowman/Byron also happened in front of us. I never sat that close I wanted to feel the speed of the cars and see the drivers work it through the corner. I wasn’t disappointed, it was unreal being that up close. I had tire chunks, speedy dry and dirt all over me. Best time I ever had at a race.
2.) Bristol is an AWESOME facility. Daytona is a jewel but Bristol is a nittygritty place, another place you feel the rich tradition of the sport and place itself
3.) Matty D is SUPER popular, he got one of the loudest ovations. His Rocky entrance was the $hit....I found myself rooting for him because it was damn cool watching him run in the top 10 all night. I was wrong about him earlier this week....I would still do the Bell for Matty D swap but Matty D deserves a real shot. I hope he goes to Roush and the 17
4.) Kyle Busch....boo’d. It was mind blowing seeing it up front. He didn’t have many fans.
5.) place looked to be about a little over more than half full, good energy in the place.
6.) Any NASCAR fan that hasn’t been here...needs to go ASAP. I don’t know how it came across tv but I was might entertained. Especially when more guys started going to the high line.

Put Buescher in the 48 and DiBenedetto in the 14 and you instantly have two weekly contenders for wins and championships. We need to clean out the clutter of slightly above average drivers or underperforming guys in great rides. Jimmie is the GOAT but he’s washed like smoke was at the end. Bowyer has 2 wins in 8 years and has been average in a great ride. Look what happened with Truex, showed speed and many near misses with MWR and DEI and got his break and ran with it. We need less Menards, Bowyers, and Suarez types and more Chastains, DiBenedetto, and Buescher types

Put Buescher in the 48 and DiBenedetto in the 14 and you instantly have two weekly contenders for wins and championships. We need to clean out the clutter of slightly above average drivers or underperforming guys in great rides. Jimmie is the GOAT but he’s washed like smoke was at the end. Bowyer has 2 wins in 8 years and has been average in a great ride. Look what happened with Truex, showed speed and many near misses with MWR and DEI and got his break and ran with it. We need less Menards, Bowyers, and Suarez types and more Chastains, DiBenedetto, and Buescher types
Jimmie isn’t the GOAT.

So I just got back from the Track to my hotel..sorry i went missing but the WiFi at the track is super weak and it drained my battery trying to post. Some thoughts:
1.) I had an amazing time. We sat in the Petty Grandstand Section A Row 2. Bowyer spun in front of us, Almirola had his problems and Logano/Bowman/Byron also happened in front of us. I never sat that close I wanted to feel the speed of the cars and see the drivers work it through the corner. I wasn’t disappointed, it was unreal being that up close. I had tire chunks, speedy dry and dirt all over me. Best time I ever had at a race.
2.) Bristol is an AWESOME facility. Daytona is a jewel but Bristol is a nittygritty place, another place you feel the rich tradition of the sport and place itself
3.) Matty D is SUPER popular, he got one of the loudest ovations. His Rocky entrance was the $hit....I found myself rooting for him because it was damn cool watching him run in the top 10 all night. I was wrong about him earlier this week....I would still do the Bell for Matty D swap but Matty D deserves a real shot. I hope he goes to Roush and the 17
4.) Kyle Busch....boo’d. It was mind blowing seeing it up front. He didn’t have many fans.
5.) place looked to be about a little over more than half full, good energy in the place.
6.) Any NASCAR fan that hasn’t been here...needs to go ASAP. I don’t know how it came across tv but I was might entertained. Especially when more guys started going to the high line.
I am thrilled for you and so thrilled you sat up front. My first Bristol night race was on row 1. I loved the up closeness too. It's a little piece of heaven.
cartwheel.gif

I am thrilled for you and so thrilled you sat up front. My first Bristol night race was on row 1. I loved the up closeness too. It's a little piece of heaven.
View attachment 41194
The speed literally you can feel it...and to smell the racing fuel up close while the chunks of tire fly at you....made me remember why I fell in love with racing when I was a kid.

My snarky newspaper headline for the race:

"Hamlin saves Toyota, Gibbs, from Embarassment"

Sub-header: "Jones hits the wall running 2nd"

Electric racing all around, but the end would have been even more so if Matt DiBenedetto had roared to his and LFR's first win. Nevertheless, big showing from those guys, and TRD as a whole. They showed up the opposition last night.

Jimmie is teetering on the edge of missing the playoffs. He's having one too many "****** days/nights."

Larson is finally putting together races that resemble more of the quality driver that he is. He chose the right time to get his act together. Speaking of someone getting their act together, damn, I never thought I would be seeing this kind of stuff being ground out from the 11 camp. They are in final four form.

Even if JJ makes the playoffs he is no threat to win another championship. You have to at least run up front to have a chance and he doesn’t. I have been a JJ fan for awhile now and I can say that without reservation. Just getting in is not enough.

Back
Top Bottom