Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Cupace20240921220455781.png

What an absolute thrashing.

One car dominated but there was passing all over the racetrack tonight.

Don't let a dominant win dismiss that. There was tons of passing
Keep telling yourself that. Larson and Daniels flat out whipped everyone, no doubt. But this car/package man… At least the next one is at a track type where it shines.

The spring race here was incredible. What changed?

It's the tires. Goodyear sucks
They kept saying same tires. I am confused. I guess TJ was right on DBC in the spring and that the engineers would solve it and we’d be right back to status quo come night race, and he was right

They kept saying same tires. I am confused. I guess TJ was right on DBC in the spring and that the engineers would solve it and we’d be right back to status quo come night race, and he was right

Definitely need more horsepower too. NASCAR's refusal to do so, when the engine builders say it could easily be done, is mind boggling

Serious question: do the tires *have* to be this hard and stiff in order to stand the corner loads while having such a short sidewall?

Serious question: do the tires *have* to be this hard and stiff in order to stand the corner loads while having such a short sidewall?

No. Goodyear just wants it that way, because they think it makes them look bad whenever someone has a tire failure

Larson scores his 10th career playoff win tonight.

That surpasses Kyle Busch (9) and ties him for 6th all time with Truex.

1. Johnson (29)
2. Harvick (16)
3. Hamlin (13)
3. Logano (13)
5. Stewart (11)
6. Larson (10)
6. MTJ (6)

Probably going to end up #2 on this list.

Playoff win % is 28% since joining HMS

Keep telling yourself that. Larson and Daniels flat out whipped everyone, no doubt. But this car/package man… At least the next one is at a track type where it shines.

I don't have to. You know damn well how harsh I am on this package. It's trash. Im in your corner there

But outside of the whooping, the 11, 9, 14, 20, 12, 22, 54 and 23 were passing cars all race. 48/24 also weren't good enough to keep their track position and faded until they stabilized.

We had comers and goers. I think this car is trash at most tracks, but I liked what I saw from the top 15 imo. Doesnt mean it's fixed. It isn't, and it probably won't get better. But there was passing tonight.

We were talking passing though. Those guys (except for Gibbs) held their positions, but certainly weren't passing anyone except for the lappers. The only guy who appeared to actually be moving forward was Preece.

I meant passing. Watch the race again. The 9, 12, 22, 23, 14, 11, 19, 54 and 20 were all making passes all race.

The 24/48 faded.

I meant passing. Watch the race again. The 9, 12, 22, 23, 14, 11, 19, 54 and 20 were all making passes all race.

The 24/48 faded.

You really want me to willingly watch that race again??? I can't put myself through such suffering. I'll take your word for it, but I'm willing to bet we saw less passes tonight than we have in most of the past Bristol races.

You really want me to willingly watch that race again??? I can't put myself through such suffering. I'll take your word for it, but I'm willing to bet we saw less passes tonight than we have in most of the past Bristol races.

Totally.

But that's progress considering what we've gotten on short tracks with the gen 7 car.

Back
Top Bottom