Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Larson has won 22 races since joining HMS, and his 4th season isn't over yet.

For reference, Kyle Busch's 5 year peak in cup is 27 wins and 2 championships, which is better than anyone since the late 80s outside of Earnhardt, Gordon, and Johnson.

If Larson can pull off another championship this season or next, we may be looking at one of the 4 or 5 best peaks since 1986-1990

My wife, and apparently thousands of other mothers around the nation, were NOT happy seeing little Larson hanging onto the side of a moving race car. Apparently many are posting on sites asking NASCAR to stop allowing it.

From this old farm boy, it didn’t phase me, but I can see how something could go wrong with a bad bump….😮

My wife, and apparently thousands of other mothers around the nation, were NOT happy seeing little Larson hanging onto the side of a moving race car. Apparently many are posting on sites asking NASCAR to stop allowing it.

From this old farm boy, it didn’t phase me, but I can see how something could go wrong with a bad bump….😮
I have to agree, not a good look if something terrible did happen.

I have to agree, not a good look if something terrible did happen.
Couldn’t Kyle have driven the car with his right hand while holding onto his son with his left? I don’t know maybe it’s being a somewhat younger parent myself but I see parents are always in a rush to tell other parents how to parent, especially over the wide world of social media.

Seeing people look for a reason to clutch pearls and be outraged because a dad let his kid ride at low speed like that for a moment is sad. Considering most people over 40 somehow survived and thrived walking themselves to school by themselves and even standing in the bed of a moving pickup truck.

Now if he had done a burnout with the kid in the hood that might have been different. But by god if I were a 10-12yr old but I’d pay good money to hang of to that ride too 😜.

I knew as soon as I saw it that we would wake up to this story today. Larson does tend to do dumb stuff from time to time. Not saying I'm offended (I'm not), but he had to know that some would be triggered by this

Some still won't him escape that N-word mistake. "Never Forget, Never Forgive!" Me, I never did anything stupid in my 20s.

I've personally enjoyed the journey from a stupid, ignorant kid to a more accountable adult and father. I think these last 4 years he's shown himself to be a more mature, and decent person than he was years ago. It's why I chose to become a fan of his. I just enjoy watching people take personal accountability for their mistakes and try to change.

Larson will always be labeled as a racist by some people. And as he said in 2021, it's understandable why he would be, and he can accept that some people have the right to still judge him, because it was his **** up.

Silver spoon boy couldn't get around him for many many laps even though Daniel was laps down and the 54 was in 8th. Made my day as others were passing him for position.

Daniel was racing everyone hard. It took Larson nearly 25 laps to pass him. In fact, I think it was the second run he caught up, he used up his tires a bit and Daniel got away from him.

I have a feeling those people never liked him in the first place and that was an excuse to justify their dislike.

I don't agree. It was a big **** up. I don't think he's racist, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for some people to not agree.

Couldn’t Kyle have driven the car with his right hand while holding onto his son with his left? I don’t know maybe it’s being a somewhat younger parent myself but I see parents are always in a rush to tell other parents how to parent, especially over the wide world of social media.

My wife and I went to a brewery with my mother yesterday. Big brewery. Awesome beer. Somehow, it's become a family friendly environment. Babies everywhere, kids everywhere. All supervised, never in the way, all well behaved. Really really awesome.

My wife and I are really keen on socializing our kids (we're still about 2 years away from trying), and love the idea of that.

My mother started lecturing us about how we shouldn't do that. It wasn't serious, and it ultimately was light, but I see your point.

All parents know what's best for all kids. Lol

I don't agree. It was a big **** up. I don't think he's racist, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for some people to not agree.
Disagreement makes the world go 'round. But I stand by my thoughts. Hard to believe someone would all of a sudden turn on him just because of something he said he thought was private. Yes, it was a mistake and we all make them. Some feel the need to keep bringing it up years later even after he apologized, went through classes and lost his Cup ride because of it. I think he paid his dues.

Daniel was racing everyone hard. It took Larson nearly 25 laps to pass him. In fact, I think it was the second run he caught up, he used up his tires a bit and Daniel got away from him.

My point was since I'm no fan of the 54, it brought a smile to my face seeing him in the red of the bubble spots. Seeing him stuggle to pass a guy laps down while he was getting passed for position made my day.

My point was since I'm no fan of the 54, it brought a smile to my face seeing him in the red of the bubble spots. Seeing him stuggle to pass a guy laps down while he was getting passed for position made my day.
I thought it was made even sweeter when gerbil Jeff thought the boy wonder was going to pass the amigo, ol' Jeff was positive it was going to happen lol. I don't know if Jeff is using an 8 ball or a ouija board to make his race predictions.

As a farm boy, you probably were driving when you were 8 years old. ;)

I knew as soon as I saw it that we would wake up to this story today. Larson does tend to do dumb stuff from time to time. Not saying I'm offended (I'm not), but he had to know that some would be triggered by this
I don’t think in the moment he knew nor would care

Back
Top Bottom