Cup RACE thread --- Charlotte Roval

I’m not your buddy, guy.
Brodudefriendpal
20211010_221647.jpg

Nascar has been pulling publicity stunts forever. Plenty of wrecks, fights if you can call them that, crazy fans, whatever. This has been going on forever and will continue. Elliott wounded, hauling ass with his big ass bumper cover flapping in the breeze is fantastic TV and great for the fans in the stands. Will he or won't it hang on until the stage end? Ain't nobody that can deny that had everybody watching. Let the haters do their thing, it's what they do. It is going to get way more WWE for them to enjoy before this season is over. The rest of us will enjoy the hell out of it
The reason I don't have issues with it is because it's about the product.

Recogning the sanctioning body's subtle manipulation to create entertainment in a legitimate competitive event is different than fixing the event.

As I said, stars get calls. That's how it is. Nascar should have blacked flagged the 9. Giannis should get called with a traveling violation when he attacks the hoop.

NASCAR is a major network sport. Like all major network sports, the sanctioning body has their fingers in it to manipulate the very real event into what they think is the most entertaining version.

It's modern day sports. I'm pumped Larson won. But even if he didn't, this **** was entertaining as hell today. And that's why we all watch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NASCAR seems to keep the rag in its pocket on a road course. Look at Bell and Byron's respective excursions in the grass between 5 and 6. On an oval infield, those would be instant yellows. Here, they're allowed to play out.
yeah for sure. Road courses are a different animal. They let spun out cars have a chance to continue if there isn't carnage without hot buttoning the yellow

Can I be yer guyz' friend?

The reason I don't have issues with it is because it's about the product.

Recogning the sanctioning body's subtle manipulation to create entertainment in a legitimate competitive event is different than fixing the event.

As I said, stars get calls. That's how it is. Nascar should have blacked flagged the 9. Giannis should get called with a traveling violation when he attacks the hoop.

NASCAR is a major network sport. Like all major network sports, the sanctioning body has their fingers in it to manipulate the very real event into what they think is the most entertaining version.

It's modern day sports. I'm pumped Larson won. But even if he didn't, this **** was entertaining as hell today. And that's why we all watch.

That is why there is so many ignorant things said that don't make much sense. They don't know which hog is eating the cabbage and that subtle manipulation to create good viewing is good for the boss hog and the sponsors who are paying the bills and the series.

It's why nobody is going to call Harvick mid week into the trailer (he wouldn't be around anyway) and tell him to lay off. He has to do something really stupid before they do anything like a Kenseth move or a Kyle Busch one

That is why there is so many ignorant things said that don't make much sense. They don't know which hog is eating the cabbage and that subtle manipulation to create good viewing is good for the boss hog and the sponsors who are paying the bills and the series.

It's why nobody is going to call Harvick mid week into the trailer (he wouldn't be around anyway) and tell him to lay off. He has to do something really stupid before they do anything like a Kenseth move or a Kyle Busch one
I can understand the frustration with fans who want a totally fairly called race, one thats consistent. Seriously. They aren't wrong for feeling that way. Or not accepting that this is what modern sports have come to. I don't love it. I wish we had a more fairly called race. But this is what we have. And as I said, against the context of every other major network sport, NASCAR is just doing what American sports do. It's not a totally scripted event. It's a legitimate event, that the network, and thus the sanctioning body will stick their noses in to create further entertainment. The 550hp is part of it as well. (Don't worry, I'm not getting into it. ;) ) Not a script. People don't have to love it, and aren't wrong for that.

You take what you get. And at the end of the day, it was a fun NASCAR race with drivers and teams working their hardest within the box they were placed in.

JD didnt get priced out, he was priced out when he started. he got a top 10 because of attrition, not speed. Try that BS with someone else that wasnt around bud.

You could say that about half the field back then. That was a legitimate way to make a living in racing back then. What RWR is doing is just another take on start and park.

You could say that about half the field back then. That was a legitimate way to make a living in racing back then. What RWR is doing is just another take on start and park.
lol. Damn dude. What do you think Rick is doing? Making. A. living.!!

We have a real rivalry. This is great for NASCAR.

Chase and Harvick both enjoy the drama. They both have shown to be hot headed and aggressive behind the wheel. They seem to genuinely dislike each other right now.

But what's great about this is that we are seeing an edge, and a lack of passivity in NASCAR's most popular driver that we haven't seen in decades. I do think Chase can be a hot head, immature, and dumb, and I do think he likes the drama, and unlike Jr, there are things about him that can turn some fans off.

The reality is, in his brief 6 year cup career, he's had run ins with a lot of drivers. And that's AWESOME. I'm loving the edgy Elliot who I want to lose way more than the always-down-on-himself Elliot who I wanted to win.

If Gragson can find some success in cup, I'm genuinely excited about the future faces of this sport.

Here's the problem and im playing devil's advocate. NASCAR's rule may state you dont have to have a rear bumper cover at race end but that does not mean you can have a bumper cover flapping in the wind that may come off and cause a problem for another competitor. He should have been black flagged and had 3 laps to come in before picking up his card(Old school term but still applies). I'm sorry if that makes anyone mad but its the rule.
Totally agree

Well, when his team actually DOES up their game, I'll cut them some slack. My take is that if you can afford four charters, you can field at least ONE top 30 car on a regular basis. Kaulig has run NINE races and only has three points less than the TOP RWR car.

Having an alliance MAY mean little more than they will be be getting all the used worn out junk that nobody else wants from the same source. A few years ago there was a team that had a Hendrick "engine deal". What went unsaid was that they were just renting engines that HMS was already done with.
Who HScott?

Well, when his team actually DOES up their game, I'll cut them some slack. My take is that if you can afford four charters, you can field at least ONE top 30 car on a regular basis. Kaulig has run NINE races and only has three points less than the TOP RWR car.
And? You dont know what his business plan is which goes back to JD and Lennie and Lake etc.... He is racing and providing a service. Nobody has to take it.

We have a real rivalry. This is great for NASCAR.

Chase and Harvick both enjoy the drama. They both have shown to be hot headed and aggressive behind the wheel. They seem to genuinely dislike each other right now.

But what's great about this is that we are seeing an edge, and a lack of passivity in NASCAR's most popular driver that we haven't seen in decades. I do think Chase can be a hot head, immature, and dumb, and I do think he likes the drama, and unlike Jr, there are things about him that can turn some fans off.

The reality is, in his brief 6 year cup career, he's had run ins with a lot of drivers. And that's AWESOME. I'm loving the edgy Elliot who I want to lose way more than the always-down-on-himself Elliot who I wanted to win.

If Gragson can find some success in cup, I'm genuinely excited about the future faces of this sport.

A real rivalry? Eh. It’s just Kevin Harvick wrecking Chase Elliott over and over while Chase keeps beating him.

Feels like Rusty Wallace / Jeff Gordon all over again.

A real rivalry? Eh. It’s just Kevin Harvick wrecking Chase Elliott over and over while Chase keeps beating him.

Feels like Rusty Wallace / Jeff Gordon all over again.
To have used the "it's like talking to a 9 year old" to try and get in Chase's head, Harv sure has proven to be the toddler throwing a tantrum in all this. On to Texas, where I don't think the thread will be nearly as heated. I mean, we can only get so passionate about beating the 550 package dead horse...

Key word there TRIED. You aren't going to convince most of us that RWR is actually TRYING to improve their performance.
Guys like JD were just happy to be there and make the race, they raced in older cars with tired borrowed engines sometimes not able to buy enough gas and tires for the whole race, if they had a good finish that was their success that was their trying.

@Bob Pockrass

NASCAR:The rear bumper is not a mandatory piece for road courses. We had watched that issue for several laps & radioed to the team over the Official's channel to come up with a plan to fix if there were a caution. This was not a situation where we felt a black flag was necessary.

Back
Top Bottom