Cup RACE thread --- Charlotte

If I'm understanding this exchange correctly, that's about the least classiest thing I've seen in a while.
I read Johnson's tweet apology last night and the answering treets. There are some really sick ones out there, but the good ones did outweigh the idiots by far. Not surprised the negative ones get re-posted. Some of the Johnson fans think Truex should apologize for what he said. I have to agree. I don't think much about what Truex said.

Reactions: Pat
I read Johnson's tweet apology last night and the answering treets. There are some really sick ones out there, but the good ones did outweigh the idiots by far. Not surprised the negative ones get re-posted. Some of the Johnson fans think Truex should apologize for what he said. I have to agree. I don't think much about what Truex said.

That's the way of it. I didn't look close enough to the Kyle B post. It wasn't Kyle Busch as I thought.

78 spotter encouraged Martin to crash the 48 after the race

That's the way of it. I didn't look close enough to the Kyle B post. It wasn't Kyle Busch as I thought.
oh sorry Pat I didn't mean that at all, the negative stuff gets the attention the more bizarre it is the better. But I can see why you thought that though, it is right down his alley.:p

I think we're missing some of the conversation.
That may be; I'm Twitter-illiterate.
It's not? In that case, I withdraw my previous remark. It still lacks class but I don't care about the opinion of some random bozo.

How can you tell?

That may be; I'm Twitter-illiterate.

It's not? In that case, I withdraw my previous remark. It still lacks class but I don't care about the opinion of some random bozo.

How can you tell?
On Twitter the username is followed by the @ symbol. And "celebrities" are verified with a checkmark by their name.

This guy's username is @darealkyleb. Kyle Busch's name on Twitter is @KyleBusch

You can make the "display name" anything you want -- in this case, the guy made his Kyle B

Likely just a troll.

I will add my 2 cents on the last lap. Jimmy J was totally at fault, period. But, he was going hell bent for the win so I kinda understand the move.

As far as Truex, what did we all think he was going to do and say? Oh well tough titty? No, he did what any driver would have done in the same situation, plus we all know it ain't a good time to talk to a driver that just got robbed of a hard fought win by a 7 time champ that ran out of talent at the worst possible time. JMHO

I will add my 2 cents on the last lap. Jimmy J was totally at fault, period. But, he was going hell bent for the win so I kinda understand the move.

As far as Truex, what did we all think he was going to do and say? Oh well tough titty? No, he did what any driver would have done in the same situation, plus we all know it ain't a good time to talk to a driver that just got robbed of a hard fought win by a 7 time champ that ran out of talent at the worst possible time. JMHO
Yeah, I'm not understanding why Truex is getting any heat here at all. He was 100% justified in both anger and what he did. It's almost a mirror of the deal at Martinsville last fall. Playoff race, and leader gets dumped then retaliates post race. Granted you could say that Jimmie was an unintentional byproduct of overdriving it versus Denny just flat out dumped Chase on purpose, but the situations are very similar. The reactions to it, however, have been completely opposite and I can't help but think it's because of the parties involved in each scenario.

Yeah, I'm not understanding why Truex is getting any heat here at all. He was 100% justified in both anger and what he did. It's almost a mirror of the deal at Martinsville last fall. Playoff race, and leader gets dumped then retaliates post race. Granted you could say that Jimmie was an unintentional byproduct of overdriving it versus Denny just flat out dumped Chase on purpose, but the situations are very similar. The reactions to it, however, have been completely opposite and I can't help but think it's because of the parties involved in each scenario.

Because according to this forum, Truex is supposed to eat **** and like it because JJ has 7 championships. He’s supposed to be happy about being wrecked out of a win because without Cole Pearn, he’d be fishing for clams in New Jersey.

At least those are the notes I got from this weekend.

Because according to this forum, Truex is supposed to eat sh!t and like it because JJ has 7 championships. He’s supposed to be happy about being wrecked out of a win because without Cole Pearn, he’d be fishing for clams in New Jersey.

Don't get me wrong, I really can't stand Pearn and MTJ but I think he got majorly screwed there. If it would have been Chase, Bubba, Larson, or any other sacred cow taken out like that, the pitchforks and torches would be out. And this is coming from a Chase Elliott fan! But, since it was "Jimmie showing he has the fire still," well, that's the positive narrative we're getting.

It was an amazingly exciting finish to a race that will be replayed over and over throughout the years, and it's cool to say that I was there to witness it. But let's not pretend that it wasn't a dumb move at the same time.

Because according to this forum, Truex is supposed to eat sh!t and like it because JJ has 7 championships. He’s supposed to be happy about being wrecked out of a win because without Cole Pearn, he’d be fishing for clams in New Jersey.

You also forgot that NASCAR would die without Kyle "1 more win then Michael Waltrip" Larson, and he's also the goat and if you don't go along with lazy charades and pretend CGR is the equivalent of Petty Enterprises, and conviently leave out how many times Larson has the fastest car and can't win, you're a hater.

Probably because Larson races hard and doesn't act like an idiot. Most fans appreciate that. Can't remember who said it, but they said it's not about winning and losing, it's how you play the game.

Probably because Larson races hard and doesn't act like an idiot. Most fans appreciate that. Can't remember who said it, but they said it's not about winning and losing, it's how you play the game.

Lombardi:

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

You also forgot that NASCAR would die without Kyle "1 more win then Michael Waltrip" Larson, and he's also the goat and if you don't go along with lazy charades and pretend CGR is the equivalent of Petty Enterprises, and conviently leave out how many times Larson has the fastest car and can't win, you're a hater.
As someone who has claimed that CGR doesn’t have the same resources as JGR, SHR and Hendrick; I’ll take the bait. If you don’t think Kyle elevates that program similar to how it can be argued that Kyle Busch has elevated a subpar year from JGR you are a fool. There is more to these races than who can burn the fastest lap. Pit crews can be slow, crew chiefs can make poor adjustments, etc.

Because he is a hypocrite. He did the same thing at Indy.

Jimmie has always been respectful, and a clean driver. He made a mistake, spun himself and collected Truex.

I think the idea is that Truex should have a bit of self awareness, emotional intelligence, and impulse control as a champion and ambassador of the sport. He has every right to be fustrated. And has every right to disrespect Jimmie. But he should be better than that. As a fellow champion, who has done just that, yeah, he should have been a bit more respectful to a fellow champion.

Plus, he came off like he was talking dowm to him, it was kind of pathetic. But if that's how he feels he copes with fustration, I guess that's how how he does it. Not everyone can introspect emotionally

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Because he is a hypocrite. He did the same thing at Indy.

Jimmie has always been respectful, and a clean driver. He made a mistake, spun himself and collected Truex.

I think the idea is that Truex should have a bit of self awareness, emotional intelligence, and impulse control as a champion and ambassador of the sport. He has every right to be fustrated. And has every right to disrespect Jimmie. But he should be better than that. As a fellow champion, who has done just that, yeah, he should have been a bit more respectful to a fellow champion.

Plus, he came off like he was talking dowm to him, it was kind of pathetic. But if that's how he feels he copes with fustration, I guess that's how how he does it. Not everyone can introspect emotionally

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You hit the nail on the head with me with this: Plus, he came off like he was talking dowm to him, it was kind of pathetic.
This wasn't a Saturday night after race at the bush league raceway. Lots of eyes are watching, some are sponsors and some could be potential sponsors besides younger impressionable children. I noticed Truex when he was introduced at the Roval had quite a few boos, it surprised me, I don't think this helped his cause. It didn't with me, I have listened to his tirades on the radioactive clips, he is usually on there every seek.

As someone who has claimed that CGR doesn’t have the same resources as JGR, SHR and Hendrick; I’ll take the bait. If you don’t think Kyle elevates that program similar to how it can be argued that Kyle Busch has elevated a subpar year from JGR you are a fool. There is more to these races than who can burn the fastest lap. Pit crews can be slow, crew chiefs can make poor adjustments, etc.

It’s funny you keep circling around the points I’m making about him having fast cars. Also, I don’t think 7 wins is equal to zero..at least in my years of practicing mathematics. The measure of a great driver isn’t just winning with great cars, they can win in subpar cars. Brad and Kyle have done this this season, as much hype as Larson gets he should be able to do the same but he never does. Call it hate or whatever you want but those are just the facts.

It’s funny you keep circling around the points I’m making about him having fast cars. Also, I don’t think 7 wins is equal to zero..at least in my years of practicing mathematics. The measure of a great driver isn’t just winning with great cars, they can win in subpar cars. Brad and Kyle have done this this season, as much hype as Larson gets he should be able to do the same but he never does. Call it hate or whatever you want but those are just the facts.
You’re absolutely right, he should have more wins, like he did last year. When I say elevate the team I do mean by making the cars faster than they really are. I don’t mind the hate, I’m just sticking up for my driver.

Back
Top Bottom