Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

Rusty is pumped

I get why Larson is developing this reputation. And it's always fun to go to the Skip Bayless Hot Take School of Sports Analysis and talk in easily digestible terms like choking and closing. In reality, the #42 was demonstrably very loose on the last run. It wasn't "the pressure" that slowed Larson by three to five tenths a lap at the end.

Hendrick lost three engines this weekend, might not be a good time?
I am not sure HMS would much of an improvement right now over RCR for JTG right now.

Larson never gets any blame huh? How many races have guys like Kyle Busch, JJ, Harvick, Brad, etc. won with non race winning cars? Why do you think Harvick is called the closer? Yes, it certainly would’ve helped to come off first on pit road but doesn’t change the fact that the 42 team gave Larson and absolute rocket and just like Kansas, Larson didn’t get it done. I know a disappointing bridesmaid when I see one (take it from years of being a Bobby Labonte, Biffle, and Kasey Kahne fan) and Larson has that special ability as well lol. He’s a very talented and fun to watch racer, but he’s not going to be a champion or be an 8 win a year guy. So if you’re used to being a Jeff Gordon fan or something you should heed my advice and get out now lol.

When it came crunch time, Larson got beat and out driven by a cup champ. Simple. Short run adjustments, being the dominant car goes out the window. Its mano mano.

Ask Brad in 2015 Texas. He knows first hand.

Same thing I said at Dover 2017 that got me flamed, Larson is fast, but slightly overrated in that he lacks certain driving maturity other vets have, and specifically, doesnt have elite execution that other guys have.

You could equate him to Russell Westbrook, or Dame Lilliard. Super super talented, can outplay/outdrive anyone..but there is *something* missing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When it came crunch time, Larson got beat and out driven by a cup champ. Simple. Short run adjustments, being the dominant car goes out the window. Its mano mano.

Same thing I said at Dover 2017 that got me flamed, Larson is fast, but slightly overrated in that he lacks certain driving maturity other vets have, and specifically, doesnt have elite execution that other guys have.

You could equate him to Russell Westbrook, or Dame Lilliard. Super super talented, can outplay/outdrive anyone..but there is *something* missing.

Ask Brad after Homestead.

I have no idea about the stick n ball B.S. but Larson can win on any track. I do think he is a slow learner, there was no reason to run that hard for both of the stages. He did show some savvy when he let Truex and Harvick burn their tires off fighting for the lead and drove around them. His team asked him if he needed anything the last stop and he said no. If he doesn't learn to keep up with the track while others do, he will continue to be a top five/ten driver. Kez and Joey go when the pay window is open

I get why Larson is developing this reputation. And it's always fun to go to the Skip Bayless Hot Take School of Sports Analysis and talk in easily digestible terms like choking and closing. In reality, the #42 was demonstrably very loose on the last run. It wasn't "the pressure" that slowed Larson by three to five tenths a lap at the end.
I get how that could be said but how many guys took the lead on the restart in the non preferred lane.

Call me when chase can win more than one race with a championship caliber team... Larson got junk to start with.
Lol dude I told you it wasn't a jab. A grown man's voice cracked in an interview. I'd laugh if it were any of the other 30+ guys in the field.

Fans will cry and whine when Larson finally gets into a top team. CGR isn't a top caliber team. Larson is top caliber driver talent.
I'd like to see Larson in a Ford or Toyota.
Absolutely. CGR trying to do this on their own without focusing completely is hurting them. For some reason it just isn’t working like Penske

Larson is driving the most successful Chevy this year, led three times more laps than any other Chevy in the series for comparison. If he gets a win it really gets lopsided. He is driving for the top Chevy team.
As a Larson fan I still need to see more. They really needs to do more for me until I can put them before the 9

Larson is driving the most successful Chevy this year, led three times more laps than any other Chevy in the series for comparison. If he gets a win it really gets lopsided. He is driving for the top Chevy team.

CGR is so confusing. It seems like they have great cars on Larson's side of the garage, but Jaime Mac has been pretty bad this year, I mean even with a lack of luck, he has not been that impressive.

I really don't get how this team is on a roller-coaster constantly in terms of form.

Kes really has mastered clutch late race driving. Dude was on the ball keeping his adjustments up to speed all night.

42 and 9 >> anybody else in the Chevy camp this year.

Not every driver is like Brad Keselowski at closing out races. Brad is honestly the best closer in NASCAR aside from Harvick.

Larson vs Elliott is a solid battle worth watching once Larson gets in 1st rate equipment, though I'm OK with Ganassi winning a title.

They need a Sigalert roadblock rule. You get passed 4 or 5 times by the leader under green then you need to go to the parking lot and get a beer and hot dog.
I actually wouldn’t hate this.....Jobbers get out of the way and don’t impact the end of the race like they usually do. Late rate cautions for stupidity would go down I imagine.

DmI52THWsAAn1Pu.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom