Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

If there’s any “ignorance” it’s to counterbalance the over the top hero worship other fans give Larson. Certain people on here have never criticized or blamed him, ever. Ditto for Chase Elliott. It’s always the car, tires, crew chief, etc., etc. we all know if it was Kyle Busch in the same scenario as Larson last night this board would be trolling and making fun of him. But since it’s larson and everybody likes him it’s not his fault. I also could care less what dirt race he won on a Tuesday night. We’re taking about the sprint cup series.

well ya act like a jerk you going to get what ya put out. Larson acted like a leader of the team, didn't crack wise or be impossible to interview.

ol Mark sounds way out of the loop, there is a world of difference between a tapered spacer and a restrictor plate, but his followers will buy it I guess?

I don't think it is ignorance at all. They blew it. I don't know how many times Kez said the 2 team blew it in 2015 when Carl got out first after Kez dominated. speaking of sheet? it happens.

The 42 put on a clinic all day and there was a rough round of pitstops and they slightly lost the handle on the car. It does happen, but I don’t think they deserve the flak.

ol Mark sounds way out of the loop, there is a world of difference between a tapered spacer and a restrictor plate, but his followers will buy it I guess?

You totally missed his point. Congratulations.

I’m aware.
Differently still equals a reduction in horsepower. Reducing horsepower in motorsports is counterproductive.
not really, they have been regulating racing HP out put for motors in all series for years all the way down to junior racing a quarter midget.

Explain the reason for applying a tapered spacer or restrictor plate.
Martin said they were going to use a restrictor plate According to an article, the teams had a package that was submitted to the teams by Nascar. Part of it was the use of a tapered spacer. I have no idea the size of the spacer or whatever the rest of the package is. But the difference in flow with a tapered spacer is substantial compared to a restrictor plate

Martin said they were going to use a restrictor plate According to an article, the teams had a package that was submitted to the teams by Nascar. Part of it was the use of a tapered spacer. I have no idea the size of the spacer or whatever the rest of the package is. But the difference in flow with a tapered spacer is substantial compared to a restrictor plate
And both reduce horsepower. Never has a motorsport competitor uttered the words, “Give me less power!”

The Xfinity package for Indy this week I believe they are using plates, they did last year anyway.

Race winner William Byron held off a hard charging Paul Menard over the final laps, leading to the closest finish ever in NASCAR sanctioned race at the track, including the Brickyard 400.
As a result of the new aero package, which worked exactly as designed, the lead car was never able to pull away, keeping the cars behind in close contact, resulting in two and three wide racing, passes for position throughout the field and a total of 16 lead changes among eight drivers over the course of the 100-lap race. :idunno: I'll be watching this year, don't know about anybody else.
https://motorsportstribune.com/new-...t-indianapolis-a-step-in-the-right-direction/

I missed all of the Larson debate, but I do think his car started going away towards the end, as well as the others improving. When Chase restarted 3rd and quickly took 2nd in the final stage, he was running similar lap times to Larson for a little bit until the 42 drove away. The 9 wasn't even in the same zip code up until that point in the race. The restart after that, Brad was quickly catching Larson and probably would have taken the lead there if not for the caution. Then of course the final restart, Brad and Joey both drove away with no issue.

To me, there's something more there than Larson choking. The top 5 caught up.

Great atmosphere, great crowd, great racing all thru the pack. Yes the 42 had them covered but thats nothing new at Darlington to see someone dominate.

In some ways it seemed more like Bristol with so many running the diamond route. I think the wall scared them away.

I missed all of the Larson debate, but I do think his car started going away towards the end, as well as the others improving. When Chase restarted 3rd and quickly took 2nd in the final stage, he was running similar lap times to Larson for a little bit until the 42 drove away. The 9 wasn't even in the same zip code up until that point in the race. The restart after that, Brad was quickly catching Larson and probably would have taken the lead there if not for the caution. Then of course the final restart, Brad and Joey both drove away with no issue.

To me, there's something more there than Larson choking. The top 5 caught up.
I am pretty confused, on the broadcast they had Larson's crew chief ask if Kyle needed anything and Larson said no. But Larry Mac on his Nascar show said his crew chief loosened him up because he was tight and all it did was make the car loose and corner worse. I know one thing, he blew the last restart. At any rate Kyle and Jamie said the the team found some speed in the car and that looked to be true. They both were fast at Darlington. Jamie drove up into the top 5 at one point, engine blew, commitment cone violation, didn't show how well the car ran. We will see this week.

I am pretty confused, on the broadcast they had Larson's crew chief ask if Kyle needed anything and Larson said no. But Larry Mac on his Nascar show said his crew chief loosened him up because he was tight and all it did was make the car loose and corner worse. I know one thing, he blew the last restart. At any rate Kyle and Jamie said the the team found some speed in the car and that looked to be true. They both were fast at Darlington. Jamie drove up into the top 5 at one point, engine blew, commitment cone violation, didn't show how well the car ran. We will see this week.
And, Larson's car was really good late in a run on old tires. The very short run at the end didn't leave enough time for the car to really get working --- he was closing, but ran out of laps. At least, that's the way it looked to me.

And, Larson's car was really good late in a run on old tires. The very short run at the end didn't leave enough time for the car to really get working --- he was closing, but ran out of laps. At least, that's the way it looked to me.
yeah They had a long run car, Kez said he had a good short run car, and it looked like Joey had the same setup. I wish some of them could tell us how the difference is made between the two. springs, camber, is it intentional or just it is what it is?

Back
Top Bottom