Cup RACE thread ---- Darlington

Yeah yeah sure. That’s what it is. Are you including me this time? So I can point back to not blaming Ross for the MTJ thing or you gonna be like “nah I don’t mean you” like last week

You're trying to explain to me why this was all on Chastain, are you not?

As an admitted fan of Ross Chastain, I’ll say this:

He needs to realize he’s not driving Johnny Davis turd mobiles in Xfinity anymore. He doesn’t need to lean on everybody to squeeze out a 18th place finish and get noticed.

That aggression and ability to wheel a car past its limits is what got him here. But there has to be some finesse. He’s got the talent. He can win on any track any given week. He’s got a great car owner in his corner and a team on the rise. It’s time to stop trying to prove yourself to everyone and let results speak for themselves.

Go out and dominate a race start to finish and get a win. Without being balls deep in the middle of controversy.

As an admitted fan of Ross Chastain, I’ll say this:

He needs to realize he’s not driving Johnny Davis turd mobiles in Xfinity anymore. He doesn’t need to lean on everybody to squeeze out a 18th place finish and get noticed.

That aggression and ability to wheel a car past its limits is what got him here. But there has to be some finesse. He’s got the talent. He can win on any track any given week. He’s got a great car owner in his corner and a team on the rise. It’s time to stop trying to prove yourself to everyone and let results speak for themselves.

Go out and dominate a race start to finish and get a win. Without being balls deep in the middle of controversy.

Justin Marks has repeatedly said he doesn't want Ross Chastain's mentality to change.

Justin Marks has repeatedly said he doesn't want Ross Chastain's mentality to change.
Justin Marks is trying to sell a brand which is smart. Richard Childress did the same thing. Just wait if Anheiser-Busch signs onto the 1 team next year.

It’s time to start turning that aggression into more wins and championships. Ross needs to put the black hat away for a few weeks and go rip it.

Joey Logano did it. He’s now a 2 time champ. Dale Sr roughed people up all the time but usually ended up in victory lane because of it. All of Chastain’s run ins end up in wrecked cars and costing a win or podium finish.

The problem for Chastain is that he’s tearing up a lot of other people’s equipment and he’s pissing everyone off.
But on the other hand, he is right up top in the points. That doesn't count for some, pretty important for others. It ain't like he is a backmarker like some act like he is,

I love this forum.

This is exactly why Ross is good for the sport right now, as much as he pissed me off this season.

Sometimes we have races where the forum dies after the checkered flag. Now, Larson fans, Ross fans, and somehow Elliott fans are all getting dragged.

And it's just so so great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I love this forum.

This is exactly why Ross is good for the sport right now, as much as he pissed me off this season.

Sometimes we have races where the forum dies after the checkered flag. Now, Larson fans, Ross fans, and somehow Elliott fans are all getting dragged.

And it's just so so great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m just here so I don’t get fined

Guess who continues to lead the points

1684111880955.png

Yeah I don’t even pay attention to the points anymore, just the playoff picture.
Exactly, cause once the playoffs start, Ross can lead the points all the way up til then, if he doesn't have the most wins, or collect a lot of playoff points with stage wins and such, he's dropping. At least leading the points gets you in the playoffs, so he's got that going for him.

Not sure, I think he said he was open to more
He has a couple other short track races scheduled this year but no other mile + tracks.
He said the car wasn’t safe enough for tracks any bigger/faster than that and that he was only racing today in order to be elegible for NWB next week. So we will him haakn next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom