Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

I think Kez was driving like he thought they could handle it. Be interesting to see how he handles it when the tables are turned. This is a whole different animal than when he made the proclamation he “wasn’t going to lift for bad blocks”.
Brad lost me when he made that exact proclamation and then drove through William Byron during a practice for the July race.

Brad lost me when he made that exact proclamation and then drove through William Byron during a practice for the July race.
That was a message during practice AFTER Byron threw a bad block during a race Prior.

That was a message during practice AFTER Byron threw a bad block during a race Prior.
Message received: Brad races no better than the other drivers blocking and pushing at inopportune times. It was Brad this race, at Dega in April it’ll be someone else.

Message received: Brad races no better than the other drivers blocking and pushing at inopportune times. It was Brad this race, at Dega in April it’ll be someone else.
No he doesn’t. Especially pushing. Hopefully he’s learned. And if not someone will push his ass out the way and he better learn what comes around goes around pushing or blocking.

Seemed to me that Kez wasn't pushing, he was bumping all over the back of the cars. He wasn't trying to lock on but instead he was bumping the heck out of them. I didn't see anybody else doing that, maybe they were but I didn't see anybody doing it that way
I don't think Brad got the memo that curved surfaces don't line up like straight ones do.

Keselowski tied for 1st place, while Stenhouse and Burton were 15th and 31st.

1645450405247.png

They haven’t announced anything about next year.
All but official means it hasn’t been announced.

We know though. Why would they bring Ryan Preece in as a “reserve driver” right at the same time Aric Almirola announces he’s going to retire?

Preece is someone everyone in the sport thinks highly of and he could get a full time ride if he wanted. But he knows that he has a better opportunity right now with SHR, even if it means sitting out a year essentially.

Brad looked exactly like I thought he would, someone desperate to get his 500 trophy. He caused multiple wrecks in the process. He made no friends yesterday, that's for sure.

Truex & Kyle Busch have attempted a combined 32 Daytona 500's. They have 0 wins to show for it. Austin Cindric has attempted one Daytona 500, & has one win. That's how much of a crapshoot these superspeedway races are.
That was his 2nd

If you include Keselowski & Almirola, along with Truex & Busch, that's 60 Daytona 500's combined without a win. Cindric wins it in his rookie year, that's crazy to me.
Almirola came a single turn away from being Aric Almirola, 2018 Daytona 500 champion.

Truex & Kyle Busch have attempted a combined 32 Daytona 500's. They have 0 wins to show for it. Austin Cindric has attempted one Daytona 500, & has one win. That's how much of a crapshoot these superspeedway races are.
It is also a radomizer and a bit of an equalizer. Some drivers tend to be able to move to the front on a regular basis. I noticed when Wallace moved down in front of the Penkse boys that he was getting bumped in a manor that upset his car until he moved back to the outside, I wonder if that was a tactic.

Back
Top Bottom