Cup RACE thread --- Dover, #2

Byron and Blaney having a much better Sunday than Saturday. Solid job doing their homework.

I forgot to update my fantasy picks before yesterday's race, so my starters were my Daytona Roval starters.

Today, I updated my fantasy picks (largely based on yesterday's results), and started Denny Hamlin as my "A" starter. I can't seem to win.

48 had the fastest car the entire second stage. Screwed on restarts, and now lost 4 spots on pit road. Playoffs just aren't meant to be.

Has a car good enough to win, and won't even get to compete. Stupid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
4 spots? hell he got caught speeding on pit row and went to the rear

4 spots? hell he got caught speeding on pit row and went to the rear
Talking about that last pit stop. Drove to 9th, pit, came out 13th. Flying again. Damn shame. Just not meant to be this year.

These NBC guys are crazy. They think every decision these drivers are making on the track revolves around the playoffs.

Right? I’m sure finishing 15th in points is all JJ had on his mind as he drove through the 41 lol

All these guys fighting for the final play off spots to ultimately become cannon fodder for the eliminations.
A 16 team playoff gives non-competitive teams a photo-op and thats about it. A 10 team playoff based strictly off points and not wins would offer the best “playoff” show. Letting half the field in is just dumb.

Talking about that last pit stop. Drove to 9th, pit, came out 13th. Flying again. Damn shame. Just not meant to be this year.

He's got a good buddy in a 9 car that's pretty good on the speedways and will probably do everything he can to help him next week. Don't give up hope.

Yup. No track position.

In the old chase format, being one of the 10 or 12 was a big accomplishment and was very competitive. Being the 15th or 16th guy in the chase on the other hand is like finishing top in your class on the short bus

God this is frustrating to watch. He'll catch the 24. But a caution could put him in contention to win.
75c9c2b0e6ac10e7d3c03c54e47daa1a.jpg

He was 11 seconds behind the 4 btw.

Best car today. Hasn't even been in the top 5. Screwed himself.

That's why college football is so great
CFB is an example of going too far the other way. Needs to be 6 teams at a minimum. Of course I’m not a fan of the CFB because the playoff contenders are selected by a panel of biased humans, rather than based on points or record.

Yes, these cars on the cutoff suddenly got faster because the car knows the driver in them has to make the playoffs. It's not because the teams wanted their cars to go faster.

Listening to this end of the world Johnson B.S. the gerbils have the Johnson story down pat. Hell the way these points are laid out, Johnson could win a stage and Byron finish out of the top 10 and he would be ahead of Byron. Save this fake drama B.S. for the last part of Daytona cut off race

CFB is an example of going too far the other way. Needs to be 6 teams at a minimum. Of course I’m not a fan of the CFB because the playoff contenders are selected by a panel of biased humans, rather than based on points or record.

Yep. All ADs, former coaches and university executives.

No way they’ll show favoritism.

I'm still riding high off the Sato win and even the gerbils can't ruin it. Hopefully harvick closes this out and puts a cherry on top of today

Back
Top Bottom