Cup RACE thread --- Dover on a Monday

I don’t care if it’s an engineering marvel, this car sucks.

Put them in Xfinity cars.
Dover has always had potential to be boring as all heck, but man... At least the intermediates and Dover were pretty good last year. Literally every track type so far has flat out sucked. It's like Freddie said on DBC: You get what you can on restart and you're stuck riding there until next stop and restart.

At least SOME of the racing last year was good. None has been good this year save for a race or two

The Gen 6 was also good during its first year. Once teams have notes and can adjust the cars to handle well, they aren’t as fun to watch. An ill handling car makes for a fun race.

Idk, I don’t think it’s bad. The outcome is still very much in doubt, 400 miles at Dover is just a bit of a slog. Seems like there’s been decent passing throughout the field beyond top two.

I might get some disagreement on this but a 300 mile Dover race might be fun. NH has done 300 miles for years.

The Gen 6 was also good during its first year. Once teams have notes and can adjust the cars to handle well, they aren’t as fun to watch. An ill handling car makes for a fun race.
They’re always going to engineer their way into bad racing.

But with less horsepower, handling isn’t as important.

Back
Top Bottom