Cup RACE thread --- Dover on a Monday

I couldn't see it but heard some sort of commotion with race on in background. Did the 5 get in 1's way?

Larson didn’t go to the same extreme as chase.

Ty tried to. Hence why I called for a penalty.
I can agree it’s not the same extreme, but they were folks calling out Chase the SECOND he did it. I personally didn’t have a problem with Chase doing it, and don’t Larson. If someone ***** your race up, **** theirs up as well.

That’d be fine. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's true tho.gif

Fox is gonna get the Truex brothers sweep they’ve wanted all race.

There’s a reason conspiracy theories run wild in this sport. Media narratives like this, when pushed this aggressively, somehow usually pan out.

Not sure 2 is the right call with so few on the lead lap. 4 tire car in row 2 could be tough for Truex to hold off.

Darrell Waltrip said it during the horsepower reduction era, you lose and gain time in the corners. But everyone was running equal speeds in the corners so you couldn’t gain anything. When you’re wide open, you can only lose time.

One thing I miss about the Gen 4 was watching teams mess with the gear ratios to maximize their straightaway speed before heading into the corner. A lot of teams were pushing 9000 RPMs. It was an endurance test for the engines.

One thing I miss about the Gen 4 was watching teams mess with the gear ratios to maximize their straightaway speed before heading into the corner. A lot of teams were pushing 9000 RPMs. It was an endurance test for the engines.
It was so rare for teams to finish every race. If you went 15-20 races without a mechanical failure, you did something impressive.

Some were over 10k which for a Cup engine was insane

Back
Top Bottom