Cup RACE thread --- Dover

Definitely would have considering the green flag run and how fast he was running at the end. He nearly unlapped himself.
Yep, they found speed today, well, all of HMS found speed

5 cars to R&D? It used to be 3.

Dustin Long ‏@dustinlong 2m2 minutes ago
#NASCAR post-race inspection is done. All 16 Chase cars cleared LIS. Cars to R&D Center: 78, 18, 4, 14, 3

how can it be a race like in the 80's with all the new BS rules that nascar uses to control the out come of the races.

It can't be like it was for the reasons you mentioned but I took Jr's remarks as meaning it was as close to back then as you were ever going to get. It looked like there were a lot of empty seats and you didn't see that in the 90's.

It can't be like it was for the reasons you mentioned but I took Jr's remarks as meaning it was as close to back then as you were ever going to get. It looked like there were a lot of empty seats and you didn't see that in the 90's.
no you did not, the stands were full and building more. they had full grandstand for the busch races too. there is a reason for that, long time race fans don't like what they are seeing from nascar.

I always love when NASCAR & drivers say "the sport is more competitive than it ever has been before"

Yeah with JJ winning 6 championships in what, 8 years? And the same 10 drivers in the top 8 nearly every race - and to top it off we had less that 10 cars on the lead lap today.

This sport and these races will not be more entertaining until the sport is put back into the driver's hands. Watching single file racing all day at a 1 mile track is ****** terrible.

I always love when NASCAR & drivers say "the sport is more competitive than it ever has been before"

Yeah with JJ winning 6 championships in what, 8 years? And the same 10 drivers in the top 8 nearly every race - and to top it off we had less that 10 cars on the lead lap today.

This sport and these races will not be more entertaining until the sport is put back into the driver's hands. Watching single file racing all day at a 1 mile track is ******* terrible.
There's always going to be single filing racing though, wouldn't you think?

Yes unless there are 89 cars or more single file racing is impossible to end

Jimmie's team screwed him today. Guarantee he wont throw his jackman under the bus, though (cough, cough, Harvick)
That's probably because he is afraid that the Jackman will kick his azzzz and Harvick is not.:D

That's probably because he is afraid that the Jackman will kick his azzzz and Harvick is not.:D
Harvick may not be afraid but he'd get his ass kicked too. He isn't afraid because it's always those guys protecting his canary ass.

This sport and these races will not be more entertaining until the sport is put back into the driver's hands. Watching single file racing all day at a 1 mile track is ******* terrible.

I went on a 3000 mile, 10 state, 6 day 5 night road trip to Venice Fl last week and came back through the NC, VA, WV and OH and there was more passing on the on ramp to I 75 in Canton GA then there is in some Nascar races. In reality going up and down the Jellico Mountain in TN is more entertaining than a lot of the races.

Post of the year!

Back
Top Bottom