Cup RACE thread --- Dover

Yep. Love watching Mr. Boring win his 100th race at Dover because Larson can't restart worth a sh!t and the overtime line is the stupidest sh!t of all time

The caution was legit, and Larson screwed up the restart. Crash or no crash, he was beat.

I get it though, I would have been pissed if Larson won. I like his skill, but right now he's still a bit immature, and don't think he can hang mentally with some of the tougher drivers out there. He'll be special when he's about 27 years old

If y'all did not get enough - switch over to ABC for
the finish of the Indy race. They are sitting on a red flag
with 3 to go at Belle Isle.
Was just going to post this! I've been frantically switching back and forth between this race, Indy and the Red Sox game. My trigger finger is getting turf toe.

Johnson is the GOAT. I've said it numerous times. I'm just tired of NASCAR's stupid ass rules, Larson losing races, and the 48 winning with a 4th place car.
That being said Johnson is great at winning in a 4th place car. I'm not mad about the winner at all. Ending their races like they are doing is taking away what the fans already had a guarantee that the race would finish under green.

The caution was legit, and Larson screwed up the restart. Crash or no crash, he was beat.

I get it though, I would have been pissed if Larson won. I like his skill, but right now he's still a bit immature, and don't think he can hang mentally with some of the tougher drivers out there. He'll be special when he's about 27 years old

Larson is a future champ in this sport. But Jimmie Johnson is a better race car driver. This is a fact that is not being disputed.

Oh well, I'm over it. But **** the overtime line. Most retarded thing NASCAR has put in place and that's saying something.

Kyle Larson needs to practice reaction times or something.

He's just young mentally. He has the skill speed, but not the will, relative to performance.

Truex has the speed and will, relative to performance. It's why those two guys dont win as often as their performance dictates.

Truex is a really chill guy, and is running great, he's not just more confident, he's comfortable. As a result, he's won a bit more.

Larson is just missing something that comes with age..experience, mental toughness, comfort, and sometimes respect. It's why ai am not a fan of him. When he's 26 or 27, I think he'll be a better, more consistent finisher

Was Larsoon crying a little in that interview?

Larson is a future champ in this sport. But Jimmie Johnson is a better race car driver. This is a fact that is not being disputed.

Oh well, I'm over it. But **** the overtime line. Most retarded thing NASCAR has put in place and that's saying something.

I agree, give him another 3-5 years to literally age. I just think there's no excuse for Larson not winning.

Being a pro athlete, and a kid, will absolutely affect self image and pressure until you grow into the industry. Especially if you are an exceptional talent. Look at Lebron, still hasn't outgrown what plagued him as a younger athlete

IMG_3275.PNG

Larson is walking away from the field. Imagine what happens when he grows up.

FWIW, there is a huge difference in how he raced last year vs. this year. He's definitely grown but calling the guy immature is a bit of a stretch. "Not humble" is just bull****

Oh yeah he was bawling. It's because he's immature and not humble. Lol
He wasn't crying. Immaturity isn't a bad thing, it's certainly not a dig. It's part of growing up. At that age, we lack experience, and insight when entering our fields. As an athlete, on a massive scale that can absolutely affect performance, and perception until you simply "age" a bit.

View attachment 27056
Larson is walking away from the field. Imagine what happens when he grows up.

FWIW, there is a huge difference in how he raced last year vs. this year. He's definitely grown but calling the guy immature is a bit of a stretch. "Not humble" is just bull****

Agreed.

But I'm talking more introspectively. Larson is still a kid. He has a lot to learn still, in general. Not a dig. That's all

Eh? Larson walking away from the field? you have 9 drivers already in the playoffs with the exception of A. Dillion. As it stands, they would all pretty much start even if they had their cutoff now.

BOLD PREDICTION: If Jamie McMurray keeps running as well and consistent as he has been he will be in the conversation to make it to the Final 4 in Homestead. He keeps going under the radar and is picking up Top 10's almost every week.

If we wanna talk about luck, how about Erik Jones lack of it? He's been a top 10 driver this season I think, but doesn't have the results to show for it

If we wanna talk about luck, how about Erik Jones lack of it? He's been a top 10 driver this season I think, but doesn't have the results to show for it
Sure, luck is a big part of it, but I think another part of it is that just was not ready to be full time Cupwacker just yet, of course, just my opinion, your mileage will vary.

Sure, luck is a big part of it, but I think another part of it is that just was not ready to be full time Cupwacker just yet, of course, just my opinion, your mileage will vary.

You are right, wrecks may not be exclusively because of poor luck.

It's a youth thing. Someone so young, who is a famous athlete, has all sorts of ways to introspectively deal with the pressure he faces which itself can affect perception, and performance. A lot of these young drivers are examples of this. It's not a bad thing. But you can tell what young drivers need more time to get fully comfortable. Jones is one of them. Chase Elliot, for whatever reason, is not as much

IDK I watched Larson screw around for a long time before he won a race, now there are some who think he is the second coming. Elliott has a ton more cup races under his belt, most of these tracks are Jone's first time at a cup level, the kid just lost his dad too, he has a whole lot on his plate.

IDK I watched Larson screw around for a long time before he won a race, now there are some who think he is the second coming. Elliott has a ton more cup races under his belt, most of these tracks are Jone's first time at a cup level, the kid just lost his dad too, he has a whole lot on his plate.

Agreed about Larson. He's a future HOF I think..he'll probably have a similar career to Brad K.. but I don't see him as a 60+ win 3-4 championship kind of driver. 40-55 wins and 2 titles I think is reasonable, and a legitimate resume. Thanks for the FYI.

I admittidly haven't followed the context of Jones on track misshaps, so I attributed his constant wrecking to bad luck.

I honestly forgot about his father. That's still there, for sure.

He's also growing a dope mullet. He's a hell of a driver as well.

We have an awesome crop of young talent in the field each and every week. Larson, Elliot, jones, and Blaney are the future faces of our sport. They just get thrown into the mix so soon these days im sure it's overwhelming. Not a Toyota fan but would love to see Erik jones break out and i think it's plausible we'll see him in victory lane before years end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I pick Jones out of the non winner newbe's, Swarez holds a steady wheel, he will come to the front with more experience, but Jones is trying to be really fast IMO. Blaney and Elliott have tons more experience than those two and both have missed some really good chances. The new crop are making a race out of it.

He's also growing a dope mullet. He's a hell of a driver as well.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol.

I'm impressed mostly with the consistent SPEED he's gotten out of those cars

yeah I pick Jones out of the non winner newbe's, Swarez holds a steady wheel, he will come to the front with more experience, but Jones is trying to be really fast IMO. Blaney and Elliott have tons more experience than those two and both have missed some really good chances. The new crop are making a race out of it.

Did you write Logano off completely as well before he got to Penske?

Back
Top Bottom