Cup RACE thread --- Fontana

That wasn’t blocking. Chase had his nose past Larson’s right rear. It’s ok to admit that your god of racing flat out effed up.
It was a no fault, the 5 came up and got no help from his spotter. Larson isnt one to just wreck a teammate. Sometimes spotters on the last lap just leave things as they are. Things happen so fast its hard to make a call..

It’s little things that tv doesn’t often capture and this board doesn’t notice. Larson hitting and pushing Chase on pit road last year in the 600 comes to mind. That was the last time I heard Chase screaming “WTF” on the radio. There have been several other moves on restarts, etc as well.
I've heard JJ, and Byron angry at Chase at times too. 2019-2020, Chase races JJ pretty similarly to how you describe Larson racing Chase, and JJ was vocal about it. It never even made Twitter, or the media. And ironically enough, I got made fun of by Chase fans for bringing this up.

Obviously Chase got screwed. My deal is that this stuff happens to every driver. It isn't unique to Chase, and the reality is, it's WAY less of a deal than we think it is. Always. With how awful of a teammate Larson is, you really think Chase would go dirt racing with him, and hangout together during the off season if he was this awful teammate? You think this one incident is going to change anything between them after Chase gets to speak his side? Of course not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That’s just it… I know Larson will get his like today. I’m not confident Chase will get those wins. I guess I’m a crappy fan, but I have zero confidence outside the Roval any more.
nahh, i get what you mean.

I think the solid takeaway for 9 fans today is how the team rebounded and made their way back up to have a run at it…. And darn he really did look fast there at 22 laps to go!

That’s just it… I know Larson will get his like today. I’m not confident Chase will get those wins. I guess I’m a crappy fan, but I have zero confidence outside the Roval any more.

Because of one season in the heavily engineered gen 6 car, with virtually no practice, and results dictating starting order?

Chase will get his wins. He just needs to execute, as does the team.

As we mentioned, I think a CC swap could do Chase some good. He always sounds dejected, and Alan just sounds like he doesn't care.

It was a no fault, the 5 came up and got no help from his spotter. Larson isnt one to just wreck a teammate. Sometimes spotters on the last lap just leave things as they are. Things happen so fast its hard to make a call..
He’s ran into Chase a few times now… so excuses me if I don’t buy that bs

As we mentioned, I think a CC swap could do Chase some good.

Even though I agree, it’ll never happen.

I've heard JJ, and Byron angry at Chase at times too. 2019-2020, Chase races JJ pretty similarly to how you describe Larson racing Chase, and JJ was vocal about it. It never even made Twitter, or the media. And ironically enough, I got made fun of by Chase fans for bringing this up.

Obviously Chase got screwed. My deal is that this stuff happens to every driver. It isn't unique to Chase, and the reality is, it's WAY less of a deal than we think it is. Always. With how awful of a teammate Larson is, you really think Chase would go dirt racing with him, and hangout together during the off season if he was this awful teammate? You think this one incident is going to change anything between them after Chase gets to speak his side? Of course not.

Don’t go bringing calm logic into this. I’m angry and want blood! 🤣

Because of one season in the heavily engineered gen 6 car, with virtually no practice, and results dictating starting order?

As we mentioned, I think a CC swap could do Chase some good. He always sounds dejected, and Alan just sounds like he doesn't care.

He executed a fabulous spin I thought. ;)

I’ll get over it. Just in my feels right now. I’m already past the stuff with Harvick. Just so damn frustrating. He was on his way to a great finish, if not maybe a win after the ****** day he had. So it just sucks

Did Fox interview Chase during post race?
I think Rick is probably on top of this ****, and wants this to stay out of the media.

They're both under 30 yr old kids, he probably wants to nip this in the bud and keep stories from being spun.

Larson looked super uncomfortable during his post race interview, and it certainly was odd how it wasn't discussed at ALL. I wonder if there's like an HMS policy to keep these things out of the media.

I think Alan kinda proved this to be false today. That was a championship effort to fix that car. The guy knows what he's doing and doesn't have to have a deep voice or sound like a rah rah jock to do it.

I think Rick is probably on top of this ****, and wants this to stay out of the media.

They're both under 30 yr old kids, he probably wants to nip this in the bud and keep stories from being spun.

Larson looked super uncomfortable during his post race interview, and it certainly was odd how it wasn't discussed at ALL. I wonder if there's like an HMS policy to keep these things out of the media.

Yea if Jimmie vs Jeff barely got out of control, I’d like to think this will get nowhere close to that. I believe Rick and JG will handle this Monday morning

Jimmie and Jeff say hey( Martinsville). But you are correct, Larson was very subdued on his interview

I am not a conspiracy theorist....but.....If Chase didn't spin on purpose, he didn't try very hard to save it. My two cents.

Yea if Jimmie vs Jeff barely got out of control, I’d like to think this will get nowhere close to that. I believe Rick and JG will handle this Monday morning
Yeah. They were also quite a bit older, more experienced, more successful, and had a legitimate friendship outside of racing, so I think there probably wasn't much of a need to intervene on that.

Chase and Larson have both shown to react quickly, so I agree. Rick and JG probably will handle it. Jeff should show them a compilation of he and Jimmie's beef, and the YouTube rap song someone compiled of Gordon being angry at Jimmie - just to show how silly it is. Lol

I would've done a lot more than spin on purpose. Chase handled it the way the face of an organization should though. I think that costs him far too often however.

A bunch of new names in the top 10

1646011449210.png

I would've done a lot more than spin on purpose. Chase handled it the way the face of an organization should though. I think that costs him far too often however.
So, flipping somebody off on national TV is the face of Mr. H's organization? So noted. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom