Cup RACE thread --- Fontana

FWIW, I just read from someone who was listening to the 5 radio during the incident, said that the spotter didn't say anything until "1 HIGH 1 HIGH", there was no "the 9 is looking, he's up there", and immediately, Kyle said "ah I'm sorry, I didn't know he was there".

You can't tell exactly when that was said, but it sounds as if Kyle saw Chase move up, threw a block, and the spotter started yelling "high".

It really just seems like it was a late block, and a late high call.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A lot more noble than how the candy man handles himself. Coincidentally, the recipient of said bird.
At this point it's just his MO.

He was doing this before he even got to cup.

Who can forget Greg Biffle?

What about when he was ready to get his face caved in by Ricky Rudd at Richmond?

None of us actually knows if Larson did it on purpose but I don't think he did, so I have to give him the benefit of doubt until someone can prove more than any of us saw on tv. All that proved is that he made a move.

All these drivers run into each other from time to time. Chase and Larson both chopped the nose off of their #48 teammate earlier in the race.
Ya mean the guy on the plaque....I heard he was pissed, and I thought..."What an ass," but he is right. Damn what a terrible representation. LOL

1646012750572.png
1646012750572.png

I think anyone with functioning brainwaves knew Reddick was the Franchise at RCR. I’d wager on more clowning for the grandson as we make our way through the season here. But...Austin running top 10 right now
Austin very nearly won the thing though.

It was a no fault, the 5 came up and got no help from his spotter. Larson isnt one to just wreck a teammate. Sometimes spotters on the last lap just leave things as they are. Things happen so fast its hard to make a call..
That is kind of what I figured. But it is nice to get some insight from someone that has actually been there and done that job. I can only imagine how hard it is to make those split-second decisions that you and the drivers have to make. It looks so easy from my stationary chair. ;) :)

All these drivers run into each other from time to time. Chase and Larson both chopped the nose off of their #48 teammate earlier in the race.
Yup, even Jimmie has expressed frustration with Chase for being raced in ways he didn't approve of.

It's racing. I firmly believe this is going to be a non issue.

As I said, I’m just frustrated. When the same guy does it over and over and over again it gets annoying. It’s not the first guy Larson even shoved out the way this year, should I mention The Clash?

As I said, I’m just frustrated. When the same guy does it over and over and over again it gets annoying. It’s not the first guy Larson even shoved out the way this year, should I mention The Clash?
I have heard of drivers shoving the car in front of them out of the way at short tracks, but I thought that was just someone fibbing to me. :)

Pretty sure the hard core Elliottites will never believe it but:

Asked about the incident after his win, Larson maintained he didn’t know anyone was approaching him from the outside.

“Joey did a good job on the bottom (lane), and then we were side-drafting each other, and I’m not even looking in my mirror at that point because all I’m worried about is Joey and I’m looking out of my A-post window,” Larson said.

“I had a run, so I went to peel off, and as soon as I peeled off, my spotter (Tyler Monn) is yelling, ‘Outside! Outside! Outside!’ And I had no clue (Elliott) was even coming.”

Larson called the episode “an honest mistake.” His spotter posted the following message on Twitter, taking full responsibility for the contact:

“I should have had more awareness in my mirror. My spotter could have told me he was coming with a big run, and we would have avoided that mess,” he said. “I would have probably not been side drafting on Joey as hard as I was. I would have been more so protecting on Chase than worrying about Joey.

“It happened, and I hate that it did. I know they’re upset. But we’ll talk, and hopefully we’ll get on the same page. I would never run into my teammate or block him that aggressively and that late on purpose.”

I have heard of drivers shoving the car in front of them out of the way at short tracks, but I thought that was just someone fibbing to me. :)
I guess Larson does no wrong to you. Shame, because I’ll call Chase out(and have) when he does something stupid. See when he causes The Big One at Dega, or when he overdrove and ran him and Joey into the wall at Bristol.

Pretty sure the hard core Elliottites will never believe it but:

Asked about the incident after his win, Larson maintained he didn’t know anyone was approaching him from the outside.

“Joey did a good job on the bottom (lane), and then we were side-drafting each other, and I’m not even looking in my mirror at that point because all I’m worried about is Joey and I’m looking out of my A-post window,” Larson said.

“I had a run, so I went to peel off, and as soon as I peeled off, my spotter (Tyler Monn) is yelling, ‘Outside! Outside! Outside!’ And I had no clue (Elliott) was even coming.”

Larson called the episode “an honest mistake.” His spotter posted the following message on Twitter, taking full responsibility for the contact:

“I should have had more awareness in my mirror. My spotter could have told me he was coming with a big run, and we would have avoided that mess,” he said. “I would have probably not been side drafting on Joey as hard as I was. I would have been more so protecting on Chase than worrying about Joey.

“It happened, and I hate that it did. I know they’re upset. But we’ll talk, and hopefully we’ll get on the same page. I would never run into my teammate or block him that aggressively and that late on purpose.”

Family.

FWIW, I just read from someone who was listening to the 5 radio during the incident, said that the spotter didn't say anything until "1 HIGH 1 HIGH", there was no "the 9 is looking, he's up there", and immediately, Kyle said "ah I'm sorry, I didn't know he was there".

You can't tell exactly when that was said, but it sounds as if Kyle saw Chase move up, threw a block, and the spotter started yelling "high".

It really just seems like it was a late block, and a late high call.

Then 100% inexcusable on spotter’s part. And we know that the 5 spotter is fairly inexperienced and frankly in over his head a tad.

I guess Larson does no wrong to you. Shame, because I’ll call Chase out(and have) when he does something stupid. See when he causes The Big One at Dega, or when he overdrove and ran him and Joey into the wall at Bristol.
Easy Blaze, you have been here long enough to know that there are none of my drivers that I won't call out if they screw up. I have done it on Bowman, and he is a personal friend. I understand you are upset and want to think the worst about Larson right now. But you need to step back and take a deep breath and just wait until we here from all of the players after they have had a chance to talk it over and figure out exactly what happened. If I thought for one minute that he deliberately ran Chase into the wall I would be upset with Larson just as I am with anyone else.

I hope Reddick gets another shot soon to bring one home

Easy Blaze, you have been here long enough to know that there are none of my drivers that I won't call out if they screw up. I have done it on Bowman, and he is a personal friend. I understand you are upset and want to think the worst about Larson right now. But you need to step back and take a deep breath and just wait until we here from all of the players after they have had a chance to talk it over and figure out exactly what happened. If I thought for one minute that he deliberately ran Chase into the wall I would be upset with Larson just as I am with anyone else.
I’m sorry, yeah I’m just mad. Even if not on purpose (as I doubt Chase did what I mentioned on purpose as well) a mistake is a mistake and he still should IMO be called out for it. Maybe part of the blame does belong to his spotter. But Larson still needs to be more aware of his surroundings IMO. I’ll be over it soon, just todays race sucked (for Chase, not the race it self) and he was back up front after he probably should’ve been done earlier, and then that happens. As a fan it really just gets to you, you know? But I shouldn’t have snapped at you, so I’m sorry

Great racing live.
9 in the fence in 1 was a good moment.
18 back on the lead lap at the end. Tough day for the Toyotas.
Nice salvage for Kurt and Kevin.
Just dumped the Weber and leaving the track.

Can we just talk about how if that yellow doesn't come out with 25 to go, Blaney probably wins that race, even though he was sabotaged by his pit crew?

Back
Top Bottom